E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
Mindspin311

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Which aftermarket headunit fits my needs?

So... Dynavin, Avin, Eonon, etc. Lots of choices. But which is best for me?

Car is a 2004 ZHP with Business CD. No other add-ons.

I only really want one for 2 uses. Bluetooth audio and GPS navigation. I don't have a need/desire for anything else.

I just want whatever I buy to do those 2 things REALLY REALLY well.

Which direction do I go?

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Hi Mindspin311, thanks for your attention to Eonon.
We offer several models for 3 series (E46), including Android car DVD like GA5150F and Windows CE version such as D5150V. They both cover the 2 main functions you want: Bluetooth & GPS navigation.

Currently, more fans prefer GA5150F, as it is with Android 4.4.4 Quad-Core and many powerful functions. You can check here for details:
http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players...D/GA5150F.html

Btw, does your car belong to 3 series too? Thanks.

More information of GA5150F for you:

Welcome to check our latest GA5150F BMW E46 Android Car DVD with 4.4 OS & Quad-Core CPU, most extendable features than ever!

12 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-31-2015 at 10:52 PM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
Afrosheen

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP
Hi EononCarDVD,

I do not wish to hijack the thread, but I have a very similar car and looking into upgrading the current navigation unit that I bought with the car recently. My car is a 2004 330CI ZHP and when I bought it came with the Eonon D5150. There are a couple of issues that I am wondering is addressed with the newer models:

1. When connected via Bluetooth, can the Eonon display the metadata of the song that is playing and can it be customized to include certain metadata fields?
2. When I first turn on the car, can the device remember the last mode that it was on, i.e. if it was on Bluetooth last, that it will load that mode the next time I turn the car on?
3. Can the USB dongle be used to recharge my iPhone when connected to it?

Currently I cannot do any of the above with the current unit that I have. I am willing to upgrade if these features are now available. Thanks for the consideration!
Afrosheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #4
kevro

My Ride: e36,e36,325it.
eonon doesnt do anything very well. it does everything..sorta, kinda..

I am in the same boat except I dont really care about gps. however. I put a grom unit in my 04 zhp, the bluetooth works fantastically. be aware though that a buddy installed one in earlier e46 and had problems. if your head unit says mode to the right you should be good. anyway, it hooks up to my phone as soon as i unlock the doors because it is powered by canbus, and when i use navi on my phone the directions are spoken over the stereo. not as flashy, not as expensive, and much more reliable. i have heard nothing good thus far on any of the double din do everything stereos. including speaking with people that owned dynavin $$$ saying it has "glitches" i think it was 80 bucks

thinking about buying an EONON unit? think twice.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...8#post16425288

Last edited by kevro; 09-02-2015 at 11:00 PM.
kevro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #5
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrosheen View Post
Hi EononCarDVD,

I do not wish to hijack the thread, but I have a very similar car and looking into upgrading the current navigation unit that I bought with the car recently. My car is a 2004 330CI ZHP and when I bought it came with the Eonon D5150. There are a couple of issues that I am wondering is addressed with the newer models:

1. When connected via Bluetooth, can the Eonon display the metadata of the song that is playing and can it be customized to include certain metadata fields?
2. When I first turn on the car, can the device remember the last mode that it was on, i.e. if it was on Bluetooth last, that it will load that mode the next time I turn the car on?
3. Can the USB dongle be used to recharge my iPhone when connected to it?

Currently I cannot do any of the above with the current unit that I have. I am willing to upgrade if these features are now available. Thanks for the consideration!
Hi Afrosheen, thanks for your messages.
Regarding your concerns,
1. There are several series of D5150, some of them support the display of the song metadata, while some canít. Kindly suggest you take a picture of the main menu and show us, we would help you check it out. Besides, they cannot be customized to realize the function you want.
2. Of course the memory function is supported. Please check the ACC wire and make it connected well with stable 12V voltage.
3. We are afraid you should get your iPhone charged via iPod cable instead of USB.

Donít worry, we are always trying best to provide help for any products under warranty.

Welcome to check our latest GA5150F BMW E46 Android Car DVD with 4.4 OS & Quad-Core CPU, most extendable features than ever!

12 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #6
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi kevro, regarding your case, we have been communicated on it all the time, and we even would help you return the unit and to provide full refund. However, you didnít return the unit. Your unit is still under warranty, so we will be responsible for it with any case. Would you kindly return the unit now? If needed, we would provide return instructions for you to return it to our US warehouse instead. (Generally, buyers should return the item to HK warehouse if they shopped it from HK.)