E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
You have a problem with women who are super competitive, career focused and emotionally unavailable.

Yet you frequently reference your accomplishments relative to others (i.e., competitive), constantly highlight your career aspirations
Aye, now I'm going to have go to ahead and call you directly out as you are just fishing like a HS girl for no REAL reason. The only time I highlight anything about myself is when it is pertinent to the conversation. When I talk about the kind of female I want in my life, I want a certain caliber. A PhD or a Lawyer or a Partner at a consulting firm, someone whom is as accomplished as I am. I refuse run of the mill, so rather than again, letting your lack of self confidence show with these sorts of inflammatory posts - look at what I am ACTUALLY saying - I want a counter part and an equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
(i.e., career focused) and appear to be dismissive when others allude to the fact you come across as pompous (i.e., emotionally unavailable).

This entire thread could be confused with your CV.
Because honestly, I couldn't give 2 sh!ts less what a bunch of kids in a penis contest on a car forum for 10 year old cars think about me. There are a few members on here that I get a long with but for the most part (and you are heavily included on this) you guys can't stop from getting into pissing contest.

Again, stop taking yourselves so seriously. This is a forum for 10 year old cars. We have HS kids delivering Pizza's in these cars so you have 0 reason to continue to engage in pointless penis contests other than some inferiority complex you are battling.


Back on Topic
I am competitive, and career focused - but what I am getting at and what JDM pointed out is that those aren't inverses of being emotionally available. I certainly am.

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-13-2013 at 03:00 PM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
OP, what do you do?

What firm is more prestigious than BAH?

Went to Texas for a few months for a project? Is that not what all consultants do?
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #23
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,486
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Aye, now I'm going to have go to ahead and call you directly out as you are just fishing like a HS girl for no REAL reason. The only time I highlight anything about myself is when it is pertinent to the conversation. When I talk about the kind of female I want in my life, I want a certain caliber. A PhD or a Lawyer or a Partner at a consulting firm, someone whom is as accomplished as I am. I refuse run of the mill, so rather than again, letting your lack of self confidence show with these sorts of inflammatory posts - look at what I am ACTUALLY saying - I want a counter part and an equal.
No offense dude but the three professions that you listed are all more accomplished and educated than you are. From what I gathered from reading all of your "look at me" threads, you just got lucky and happened to be in the right place at the right time. Publishing some paper in IEEE means absolutely jack sh!t to most people and companies. I have a few papers that I co-wrote for ASME and you don't see me mouthing off about it to anyone that I'm at the pinnacle of my field because I'm not.

Also, most of the people on here don't even drive an E46 anymore or really care about it and modding anymore. We are all here to hang out and have a good time. This is one of the best forums out there to make some online buddies and shoot the sh!t.

Anyway, to answer your question there is a happy medium and those are the ones you should find. The reason these women are looking for a man at the age of 32 is because they've realized that all of their friends are married and/or have kids and that's what they want too, it's not because they are "ready for love" at all, it's just an oh sh!t moment.

Second, when you say I want a certain "caliber" of a person is incredibly selfish and comes off as you being a pompous douche bag. Just because a woman isn't the CEO of Yahoo! (TM) doesn't mean that she's not a great, attractive, driven, successful, and caring person. Most of these women are just starting out in their field and won't reach a level of being at the top until they are almost 40.

Third, there are women out there that are in their mid to late 20's, successful, and wanting/having a relationship. Those are the women that can successfully juggle both a personal and professional life without a problem and are the ones you should be looking for. Being 32 and completely ingrained in career mode for the past 10 years means that it'll be a hell of a time to get her to commit to you AND her career, it'll likely be you OR her career and I'm guessing you'll come in second most of the time just because that's the way she works.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #24
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Success doesn't need a title. It seems like you're simply looking for someone with a title that you associate with success and who will impress others when you introduce this woman.
People can work very hard and achieve a lot without having a flashy title that others will instantly associate with hard work and high income.

I'm in consulting and have a super generic career level (think military pay grade style). I love the look on people's face when they ask what level I am and I say I'm a Level X (fictitious, but close). I know I'm accomplished, but don't need others to be impressed to validate my achievements. In fact, I like keeping it low key and vague.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #25
Breezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 151
My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Success doesn't need a title. It seems like you're simply looking for someone with a title that you associate with success and who will impress others when you introduce this woman.
People can work very hard and achieve a lot without having a flashy title that others will instantly associate with hard work and high income.

I'm in consulting and have a super generic career level (think military pay grade style). I love the look on people's face when they ask what level I am and I say I'm a Level X (fictitious, but close). I know I'm accomplished, but don't need others to be impressed to validate my achievements. In fact, I like keeping it low key and vague.
I like your style
__________________
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #26
Ynot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockies
Posts: 286
My Ride: 997
I got me an old fashion girl and I like it. I had a gf who is career driven, said she didnt' want kids b/c it'll ruin her body etc. It's always about making more money. I dumped her and never looked back. My wife is college educated and can do whatever she wants but I told her to stay at home with the kids. The house is always clean and I have dinner ready when I get home. Plus she's bored from staying home all day and she rapes me at night. lol, She told me she blew me last night but I was dead asleep. I pick that type of women any day of the week instead of those who feel they are equal to men and career driven. Success is how you look at it. I might not be the richest person on my block but I am happy.
__________________
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
OP, what do you do?

What firm is more prestigious than BAH?

Went to Texas for a few months for a project? Is that not what all consultants do?
Maybe not prestigious, but selective. BAH hires kids right out of undergrad with no experience into BA positions. She went to a company that requires 5 years experience and an MBA(which she just finished) and got paid more.

Thing is she doesn't want to Travel as her dad traveled full time and she didn't want that lifestyle. Her firm has a huge contract here in ATL where no travel is required. We broke up and the other office in Dallas had a big opportunity pop up and being that we just broke up - and it was a good career move, it was an easy reason to get away for a while.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
No offense dude but the three professions that you listed are all more accomplished and educated than you are.
Dude I am still in undergrad. Your Starbucks barista is more "educated" than I am. I won't get out of undergrad until I am 30 but it really bears no implications to my professional life. People hire engineers for experience, not how many degrees they have.(where as in Biz Consulting you need the MBA so they can bill you out high)

<snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Anyway, to answer your question there is a happy medium and those are the ones you should find. The reason these women are looking for a man at the age of 32 is because they've realized that all of their friends are married and/or have kids and that's what they want too, it's not because they are "ready for love" at all, it's just an oh sh!t moment.

Second, when you say I want a certain "caliber" of a person is incredibly selfish and comes off as you being a pompous douche bag. Just because a woman isn't the CEO of Yahoo! (TM) doesn't mean that she's not a great, attractive, driven, successful, and caring person. Most of these women are just starting out in their field and won't reach a level of being at the top until they are almost 40.

Third, there are women out there that are in their mid to late 20's, successful, and wanting/having a relationship. Those are the women that can successfully juggle both a personal and professional life without a problem and are the ones you should be looking for. Being 32 and completely ingrained in career mode for the past 10 years means that it'll be a hell of a time to get her to commit to you AND her career, it'll likely be you OR her career and I'm guessing you'll come in second most of the time just because that's the way she works.
When I mean a certain caliber, I mean have a passion outside of cleaning the house and raising kids. Again, it's not that those goals aren't admirable in their own regard, I just have a hard time respecting them in my life. (Different Strokes for Different Folks kinda thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Success doesn't need a title. It seems like you're simply looking for someone with a title that you associate with success and who will impress others when you introduce this woman.
People can work very hard and achieve a lot without having a flashy title that others will instantly associate with hard work and high income.

I'm in consulting and have a super generic career level (think military pay grade style). I love the look on people's face when they ask what level I am and I say I'm a Level X (fictitious, but close). I know I'm accomplished, but don't need others to be impressed to validate my achievements. In fact, I like keeping it low key and vague.
Thematic idea here I think I picked my words wrong for you guys.

All I ask is that she be intelligent, educated, driven, pretty and an intellectual. The ex wasn't an intellectual and didn't like kicking ideas around for the sake of conversation. She is the kinda gal that goes to a bar with friends and sits there on their phones saying nothing. I value being "unplugged" and diving into the human experience - I hate how connected our society has become and the price to social skills it brought with it. Exploration of different view points and meaningful conversation is something I greatly value.

The caveat to this, is that women who are intelligent, educated, driven, and intellectual typically are also professionally successful. I'm not caught up in titles, just in productivity. I can't end up with a woman who is a cashier because it makes her happy because I won't respect her. I need a woman who wants to contribute and be a team-mate, but again, not at the expense of being emotionally unavailable.

Is that any clearer?

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-13-2013 at 05:25 PM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #28
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 338
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I'm going through something similar with my current gf. I'm well accomplished myself and was always ahead of peers. But what you're looking for "intelligent, educated, driven, pretty and an intellectual" are rare. You'll have to make sacrifices.

You're not going to find exactly what you're looking for. The women I find attractive don't tend to be intelligent nor interesting, and vice versa. Women who are career-oriented will put relationships as their second priority. But yes, most women who are professionally successful will want to settle down in their late 20's and early 30's. Before that they're just busy building up their careers.

See my thread titled "Very tough dilemma" in love forum.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #29
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Women, Careers, and their Age.

Ill just hurry up and wait for the late 20s early 30s crowd


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #30
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 338
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
By then these women would have had many penises inside them. They would have HPV and who knows what else. I only like girls that are at least 7 years younger.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #31
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Ill just hurry up and wait for the late 20s early 30s crowd


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
sh1t sucks man. I just broke up with my gf for what I think is good this time. There is no perfect girl out there just like we aren't perfect. My gf seemed great but her pessimism towards relationships and unwillingness to put in what I was kind of broke us.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
By then these women would have had many penises inside them. They would have HPV and who knows what else. I only like girls that are at least 7 years younger.
You realize over half of all sexually active adults have HPV right? Guys are safe from any problems but as long as the woman has the HPV-cancer shot she is good to go.

I don't get care how many guys my girl has been with before me. Just like she shouldn't care how many girls I've been with before her.



IDK - I really don't feel like I'm asking a lot ya know? I feel as though I have my sh!t together and all I ask is that so does she.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
sh1t sucks man. I just broke up with my gf for what I think is good this time. There is no perfect girl out there just like we aren't perfect. My gf seemed great but her pessimism towards relationships and unwillingness to put in what I was kind of broke us.
Awe Solly, sorry to hear that man :/

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-14-2013 at 09:46 AM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #33
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
You realize over half of all sexually active adults have HPV right? Guys are safe from any problems but as long as the woman has the HPV-cancer shot she is good to go.

I don't get care how many guys my girl has been with before me. Just like she shouldn't care how many girls I've been with before her.



IDK - I really don't feel like I'm asking a lot ya know? I feel as though I have my sh!t together and all I ask is that so does she.





Awe Solly, sorry to hear that man :/
check my thread. I should have never gotten this far into it but I fell hard and fast.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #34
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
check my thread. I should have never gotten this far into it but I fell hard and fast.
sh!t sucks man, I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve too.

When I was early 20's I had the capacity to be a doucher and bang 100 chicks a night and not care.

I can't do that now, hollow bar sex doesn't satisfy me - I'm a sucker for a connection so I jump head first into the empty pool when I find one.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #35
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
sh!t sucks man, I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve too.

When I was early 20's I had the capacity to be a doucher and bang 100 chicks a night and not care.

I can't do that now, hollow bar sex doesn't satisfy me - I'm a sucker for a connection so I jump head first into the empty pool when I find one.
same exact way man. I used to not give a sh1t. Now I am ready to settle down which is probably a bad thing because I don't see the warning signs that I should.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #36
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
When I talk about the kind of female I want in my life, I want a certain caliber. A PhD or a Lawyer or a Partner at a consulting firm, someone whom is as accomplished as I am.
You don't have a bachelor's degree. You're not a lawyer and nor are you a partner at any consulting firm.

You're more concerned with how a person looks on paper than who they are as a person.

But that's the nature of the beast. You're still young and with time your priorities and expectations will change. Right now your outlook on life is rather shallow, so you should expect your relationships to be about as deep.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #37
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
You don't have a bachelor's degree. You're not a lawyer and nor are you a partner at any consulting firm.

You're more concerned with how a person looks on paper than who they are as a person.

But that's the nature of the beast. You're still young and with time your priorities and expectations will change. Right now your outlook on life is rather shallow, so you should expect your relationships to be about as deep.
What's great is society puts lawyers up on this pedastool - and every single one of my attorney friends says it's a joke of a career. "The best part of being a lawyer is telling chicks you are a lawyer so they think you are rich." In Atlanta we have WAY more Lawyers and Business Majors than anything else- hell in fact, the barista at my coffee shop downstairs graduated law school and quit it due to the stupid low pay and long hours.The only lawyers doing exceedingly well are the 1% who don't mind who they step on to get where they want. I do not envy them at all, so if society looks up to these guys - they can keep it mate. But remember this is E46f so everyone is going to go into Investment Banking or law and make trillions

And of course I care about the person - as I stated earlier in the thread I have to be able to respect them as a person meaning they have a certain attribute set, and that certain attribute set is common in successful people.


Stop half reading everything hombre.

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #38
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
A person can be bright and ambitious without holding a high paying job or prestigious title. It sounds like you want something you can brag about to your "social peer group" and friends. Because apparently they're two entirely different things.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #39
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
A person can be bright and ambitious without holding a high paying job or prestigious title. It sounds like you want something you can brag about to your "social peer group" and friends. Because apparently they're two entirely different things.
A bright ambitious person typically isn't a starving artist or working tables at a restaurant.

And yes I want to be proud of my gf which means that she got her ass in gear and got a career together. I did it and I go to school at night - If I can do it nobody has any excuse.

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-14-2013 at 10:35 AM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #40
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 338
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
You're misinformed about HPV my friend. It could cause genital warts and cancer in males. You should get the male HPV vaccine that you're under 26, it'll be free if you have medical insurance.

I do care about my women not being sluts but by the time a woman is in her late 20's on average she would have had over 15 penises in her and over 30 in her mouth.

It's really tough finding a good girl. If you do, she is either already taken or not into you. Damn Murphy's laws. But I would rather be single forever over being in just an ok relationship. Not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
You realize over half of all sexually active adults have HPV right? Guys are safe from any problems but as long as the woman has the HPV-cancer shot she is good to go.

I don't get care how many guys my girl has been with before me. Just like she shouldn't care how many girls I've been with before her.


IDK - I really don't feel like I'm asking a lot ya know? I feel as though I have my sh!t together and all I ask is that so does she.

Awe Solly, sorry to hear that man :/
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use