E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #41
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
A bright ambitious person typically isn't a starving artist or working tables at a restaurant.

And yes I want to be proud of my gf which means that she got her ass in gear and got a career together. I did it and I go to school at night - If I can do it nobody has any excuse.
Would you date a person who was still in the process of completing their associates? Keep in mind they have drive, career aspirations and work hard.

Or would you be too embarrassed the moment you're out on a date and a colleague bumps into you and finds out their over at the local community college finishing up school. I mean... how bad would that make you look, dating someone so beneath you?
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #42
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
You're misinformed about HPV my friend. It could cause genital warts and cancer in males. You should get the male HPV vaccine that you're under 26, it'll be free if you have medical insurance.

I do care about my women not being sluts but by the time a woman is in her late 20's on average she would have had over 15 penises in her and over 30 in her mouth.

It's really tough finding a good girl. If you do, she is either already taken or not into you. Damn Murphy's laws. But I would rather be single forever over being in just an ok relationship. Not worth it.
Not to mention, the shot only protects against a minuscule number of HPV strains. The vast majority of the strains are still fair game and current understanding of which strains cause cancer is severely lacking.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #43
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Would you date a person who was still in the process of completing their associates? Keep in mind they have drive, career aspirations and work hard.

Or would you be too embarrassed the moment you're out on a date and a colleague bumps into you and finds out their over at the local community college finishing up school. I mean... how bad would that make you look, dating someone so beneath you?
Absolutely - what is she doing other than just completing her associates?

BTW I attend my 4 year university and my local CC if they offer the class I can take and transfer over for way less $$. I took all my Math and physics requirements over at my local CC and just transferred them in.

My thing is I am 26 and set in my career, I don't really want to date a professional college student - I want to date a 26 year old woman who is set in her career(and most "big kid" careers require degrees). This is why I have a hard time dating below about 24 as they are still in college full time and its not that I am embarrassed, I just have nothing to relate to them on.

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-14-2013 at 10:49 AM.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #44
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,485
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
A bright ambitious person typically isn't a starving artist or working tables at a restaurant.

And yes I want to be proud of my gf which means that she got her ass in gear and got a career together. I did it and I go to school at night - If I can do it nobody has any excuse.
Sure they could be, I know lots of people paying their way through college, law school, and med school by working such demeaning part time jobs.

FWIW, I had my buddy at KMPG look on the company directory and there is no partner named Tiffany in the entire global directory. So either she's fvcking with you or you're fvcking with us. There's no way someone who is 32 becomes a partner at one of the largest global financial firms. That requires quite a bit more experience and knowledge than can be obtained in 8-9 years of work experience.

Anyway, back to listening to him sharing his life's work now.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #45
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Not to mention, the shot only protects against a minuscule number of HPV strains. The vast majority of the strains are still fair game and current understanding of which strains cause cancer is severely lacking.
Yeah I heard the amount of strains is some crazy number, but they had the shot to protect against the cancer causing strains.

Again, something north of 50% of sexually active adults have HPV - it's way more common than we think apparently.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #46
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Sure they could be, I know lots of people paying their way through college, law school, and med school by working such demeaning part time jobs.
I don't want to date a college student, just personal preference. I would prefer to date someone that has their career going already.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
FWIW, I had my buddy at KMPG look on the company directory and there is no partner named Tiffany in the entire global directory. So either she's fvcking with you or you're fvcking with us. There's no way someone who is 32 becomes a partner at one of the largest global financial firms. That requires quite a bit more experience and knowledge than can be obtained in 8-9 years of work experience.

Anyway, back to listening to him sharing his life's work now.
That b!tch.

I'ma piitb now

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #47
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Sure they could be, I know lots of people paying their way through college, law school, and med school by working such demeaning part time jobs.

FWIW, I had my buddy at KMPG look on the company directory and there is no partner named Tiffany in the entire global directory. So either she's fvcking with you or you're fvcking with us. There's no way someone who is 32 becomes a partner at one of the largest global financial firms. That requires quite a bit more experience and knowledge than can be obtained in 8-9 years of work experience.

Anyway, back to listening to him sharing his life's work now.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #48
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Sex tape time now.

Edit: She said she is in PMO. I heard something else.

Wtf is a PMO?

Last edited by yousharenow; 08-14-2013 at 10:58 AM.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #49
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
FWIW, I had my buddy at KMPG look on the company directory and there is no partner named Tiffany in the entire global directory. So either she's fvcking with you or you're fvcking with us. There's no way someone who is 32 becomes a partner at one of the largest global financial firms. That requires quite a bit more experience and knowledge than can be obtained in 8-9 years of work experience.

Anyway, back to listening to him sharing his life's work now.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Edit: She said she is in PMO. I heard something else.

Wtf is a PMO?
project management consulting...
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #51
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,485
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I don't want to date a college student, just personal preference. I would prefer to date someone that has their career going already.
That's fair and I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Just beware that many of the good, driven, successful girls are all taken by the time they leave college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Edit: She said she is in PMO. I heard something else.

Wtf is a PMO?
Project Management Office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Ah the power of the internets.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #52
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
I feel like OP wouldn't give my now ex the time of day

Bounced around in the restaurant industry for years. From being coowner with her ex to waitress where she met her last ex, he was the manager. Then she decided she wanted a career and decided to go to hair school. She is now a self employed contractor working out of a salon (she pays the owner a weekly fee for the chair and everything she makes is in her pocket). No health insurance or any other benefits, higher than average bills. If she's out of work she doesn't get paid.

This could have been a financial nightmare for me but I am willing to look past something like that. If we had kids and I had to have her and the child on my insurance it would have killed me. She never seemed like the type to be money hungry at all but who knows. Maybe that could have to do with her being unsure of us.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #53
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
That's fair and I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Just beware that many of the good, driven, successful girls are all taken by the time they leave college.
I'll disagree with you on that one though. Women have been deferring marriage longer and longer to build careers. The average age of a first marriage is something like 27 for women and 29 for men. I just can't accept the fact that once they graduate college they just get married and thin the heard like that. In fact, a trend I have noticed is that there are a lot of divorces in the late 20's that typically stem from the early marriage crowd - I think they did a study that shows the earlier you marry the more prone you are for divorce(or something to that effect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I feel like OP wouldn't give my now ex the time of day

Bounced around in the restaurant industry for years. From being coowner with her ex to waitress where she met her last ex, he was the manager. Then she decided she wanted a career and decided to go to hair school. She is now a self employed contractor working out of a salon (she pays the owner a weekly fee for the chair and everything she makes is in her pocket). No health insurance or any other benefits, higher than average bills. If she's out of work she doesn't get paid.

This could have been a financial nightmare for me but I am willing to look past something like that. If we had kids and I had to have her and the child on my insurance it would have killed me. She never seemed like the type to be money hungry at all but who knows. Maybe that could have to do with her being unsure of us.
Honestly, I wouldn't but it isn't because she isn't a "good person", but its because I want an equal team mate across the board. I want her completely self sufficient from a financial, health care, living situation, etc. I don't want her to be dependent on me because(and maybe this my idealism at work again) I believe that when two completely independent people CHOOSE to enter into a relationship - there is nothing at work but the relationship itself. There isn't any dependency keeping someone around, allowing the other to be a little more gruff because they know they have the partner locked in, etc etc.

I talked to a few buddies about it and a lot of these career woman "snap out" of it in their late 20's and early 30's, turn their emotions on and start shopping for men. Of course, a lot of men in this age bracket(my friends included) don't want anything to do with a relationship as they have been burned before. I find society fascinating and just people watching how certain age groups act is very interesting.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #54
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,485
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I'll disagree with you on that one though. Women have been deferring marriage longer and longer to build careers. The average age of a first marriage is something like 27 for women and 29 for men. I just can't accept the fact that once they graduate college they just get married and thin the heard like that. In fact, a trend I have noticed is that there are a lot of divorces in the late 20's that typically stem from the early marriage crowd - I think they did a study that shows the earlier you marry the more prone you are for divorce(or something to that effect)
I don't mean leave college and get married. My wife and I dated for 6 years and 4 of those years were out of college before we got married. She's 26 and I'm almost 28, we are both actively growing in our careers, have the same life goals, have the same family planning ideas, and are on the same path. We aren't dependent on each other financially (other than our home together) and are together because we genuinely want to be together. What I'm saying is that most "good" girls, if not married right after college, are at least in serious committed relationships. If not, they won't be emotionally or personally available for a long term committed relationship for a while because they are working on their careers or just wanting to be alone and grow as a person.

The divorces you hear about most are the ones that get married during college. I've yet to see a couple who got married in college last through more than a year or two of marriage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't but it isn't because she isn't a "good person", but its because I want an equal team mate across the board. I want her completely self sufficient from a financial, health care, living situation, etc. I don't want her to be dependent on me because(and maybe this my idealism at work again) I believe that when two completely independent people CHOOSE to enter into a relationship - there is nothing at work but the relationship itself. There isn't any dependency keeping someone around, allowing the other to be a little more gruff because they know they have the partner locked in, etc etc.
I can't believe I'm about to say this but I agree with you on this. I'm sure she's a wonderful person and would make a great spouse for someone, I don't think I'd be able to do it myself. I don't need someone who's an "equal mate" on all levels but I do want someone who is independent of me on a financial level. She is by far dependent on me on an emotional and personal level, but that's the way it should work.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #55
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
I agree she should be emotionally and personally dependent on you - but that is the nature of a relationship that I want.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #56
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
She is equal in terms of income but if sh1t went down I would have to support us and I don't know if I could.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #57
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Re: Women, Careers, and their Age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Sex tape time now.

Edit: She said she is in PMO. I heard something else.

Wtf is a PMO?
Dang. She is a project manager and you thought she was a partner. Owned.

PMO = project management office (or organization)
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #58
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Dang. She is a project manager and you thought she was a partner. Owned.

PMO = project management office (or organization)
I was pretty **** housed at that point in the evening. This was after Sex Drugs & Rock n' Roll Bingo.

I texted her and asked what she did again this AM and I just can't hear straight is what happened.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #59
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I can't believe I'm about to say this but I agree with you on this. I'm sure she's a wonderful person and would make a great spouse for someone, I don't think I'd be able to do it myself. I don't need someone who's an "equal mate" on all levels but I do want someone who is independent of me on a financial level. She is by far dependent on me on an emotional and personal level, but that's the way it should work.

That's the thing. The ex had her bff from college move back and she is a great chick, but she comes from loads of money, is super sweet, but works at JCrew.

She is pretty, but I can't be attracted to her because all she has going for her is that she is a good person. I personally think that is just a puzzle piece.
yousharenow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #60
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
That's the thing. The ex had her bff from college move back and she is a great chick, but she comes from loads of money, is super sweet, but works at JCrew.

She is pretty, but I can't be attracted to her because all she has going for her is that she is a good person. I personally think that is just a puzzle piece.
I think everyone should be a good person. Too many people get rewarded for simple things.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use