E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #21
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Mike Larry has a question about bathroom attendants

$1 pee, $5 for a BM.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Depends on the attendant. Had a guy in a strip club at the beach that was amazing at his job. He'd have the water already warm and running, soap in hand ready to put some in your hand. He had everything imaginable on the counter if you needed it. I tipped him a 5 I think.

I've seen old guys that just give you a towel. Tip a buck once.
Thats service worthy of a quality tip.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Also passed you a new towel since I believe in Florida any strip club has to use new towels at all times.

The real reason I tipped him is he never gave that impression he expected any money. That he was just doing his job, yet hoping to himself to get some bucks. I reward that.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 08-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #24
T-MC-G

My Ride: Range Rover Evoque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suseer View Post
I don't give them **** unless I ask for paper towel, cologne, etc.

If they hand me it I usually say no.

Can't stand bathroom attendants. Yes i'm socially awkward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeemerdude View Post
I can grab a paper towel myself. I can park my own car (nobody drives my beast, especially after watching Ferris Beuller). And, I rarely tip MORE than 10% to waiters/waitresses. In fact, I expect a bl0w job (and a smile) after they receive my 10% generous GIFT. They have their salary. If they don't like their job they can go WITHout any income for 7 years at university like I did, then pay off student loans for years afterwards,..again... like I did. I don't owe anybody my hard-earned money. I'm a bad one to ask. Yes. I am a d1ck. Sue me.

(why does my GF call me a cheapskate?)

lol, all the Canadians are cheap. my friends that are servers in New England always complain about you guys and wish you wouldn't come on vacation down here. Trust me, you stick out like a sore thumb and they all roll their eyes at you when you arent looking. But they are polite and continue to serve you french fries and mayo. stay at home if you dont want to tip for service... Socially Disarticulated for sure.

Tell me what you don't like about yourself...
T-MC-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #25
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I agree that the guy CollinsE90 is describing is putting some effort in and providing good service.

The issue is that if the dude wasn't there, our boy CollinsE90 would be perfectly capable of washing his hands on his own. And he wouldn't have to pay for the opportunity.

Bathroom attendants irk me for 2 resaons. I don't want to have to pay to wash my hands. And while I recognize that they keep the sinks clean, the sinks aren't the nasty part of most bathrooms, and I don't see attendants cleaning the urinals/toilets/floors.

I'm hardly the cheapest guy in the world, but I don't think they add any value at all, so it bugs me to pay them.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #26
AudiEtr

Quote:
Maybe you should step up your standards in a GF & find one that makes more than minimum wage. Servers come & go. They don't remember sh1te. They come & go from minimum wage job to minimum wage job.
You seriously are the dumbest piece of shiet I've ever herd. Do the world a favor and check out...
Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #27
CollinsE90

Quote:
Maybe you should step up your standards in a GF & find one that makes more than minimum wage. Servers come & go. They don't remember sh1te. They come & go from minimum wage job to minimum wage job.
I would love to hear what you do for a living to justify this amazing opinion on servers.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #28
taxi_driver

My Ride: has a meter in it
this thread evokes memories of reservoir dogs:

Currently Driving:
2007 Lexus GS 350
Past Cars:
2007 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L - Sold
2006 BMW 325i - Sold
2004 MB CLK320 - Leased
2001 VW GTI 1.8t - Sold
1995 MB C280 - Totaled

Last edited by taxi_driver; 08-18-2013 at 02:36 AM.
taxi_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #29
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
I've always been a decent tipper for certain occupations (waiters, valets, bartenders, etc) because I recognize that they're underpaid by their employer in anticipation of making it up in gratuities. Does this apply to bathroom attendants? I can't lie; I freaking hate throwin a dollar at someone to hand me a paper towel.

Yes, I'm at a club and I'm bored

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Was at the club tonight thinking the same thing. I tip him every other time. I mean the dude has to stand in a bathroom every night. That's gotta suck.

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #30
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
I tip well, but I never tip bathroom people.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
I tip the guy a buck every time I go to the bathroom. ~5 bathroom trips a night, who gives a $hit, its $5. It's better to pay for the service than have no one there with an empty paper towel dispenser.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.

Last edited by TruckDaddy; 08-18-2013 at 10:42 AM.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
i tell him i didn't piss on seat

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #33
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
I tip the guy a buck every time I go to the bathroom. ~5 bathroom trips a night, who gives a $hit, its $5. It's better to pay for the service than have no one there with an empty paper towel dispenser.
your dick is probably the cleanest thing you touch in any bathroom

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 08-18-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #34
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
your dick is probably the cleanest thing you touch in any bathroom
Is that cuz of the traffic that the bathroom sees, or that his dick doesn't?

Yes
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Xcelratr; 08-18-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #35
badfast

My Ride: A Car
ITT: beeemerdude pretends to be a baller and tries to act hard.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #36
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
personally, i'll throw the guy a buck (if i have singles on me) every other time i go to the bathroom, so he'll get a dollar or two from me in a given night. if i happen to not have singles on me though, i'm not gonna go out of my way to give him anything.

i get that their job is also to clean the bathroom, but there are plenty of businesses that have janitors/cleaning people who clean the bathroom, but no bathroom attendant. so basically, if a bathroom attendant is being paid the same as a typical cleaning person, i don't think tipping is particularly justified for some dude who's essentially a janitor, but has the added menial task of handing you a paper towel. however, if he's legitimately being underpaid by his boss because they think he's gonna make his money in tips, i'd be much more inclined to pay for the service, stupid as it is
Old 08-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #37
farmdog

My Ride: Acura TL
so you never eat at the same place twice? Cuz trust me dip ****, servers remember every cheap azz that walks in the door. Just a matter of time before your poisoned....you expect a BJ from my girl and she will put a .22 in your face punk
Old 08-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #38
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
I hate going to places that have bathroom attendants. I actually quit going to a few bars because of this. I also don't like many other things about clubs, so I don't deal with them there too often.
I usually just walk out without washing my hands.
Sometimes if I am drunk I will buy cigarettes or gum or something from them for $1.
Rarely, I will run into one that has something funny to say, or is generally a nice guy and I throw him a few $ over the night because of that.
I never run into issues at un-staffed bathrooms where they run out of paper towels, or soap.
To me it is not a service, it is an annoyance. They take something I can do on my own and complicate it.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #39
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Yeah, **** servers. Not a fan of any person who thinks I should pay 10 extra for subpar to average service.

Last edited by Iceman00; 08-19-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #40
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I don't tip for stuff I can do myself, but I do tip well for good service in things that I don't do myself. For bathroom attendants, absolutely not. It's one of those things where tipping baffles me. It's like when I order asian take-out and pay with credit card when I pick it up, and the receipt I sign has a tip line on it. Nope.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote