E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #41
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
So tell more about what is in the health care bill.
Read it yourself, it has been available for years:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...1hr3590enr.pdf

http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

For as much interest as you attempt to show in it you should probably read it yourself. Stop allowing some slanted "news" publication tell you how to think about it.

Fvckin idiots. All arguing about it without even knowing the specifics.

Last edited by badfast; 08-18-2013 at 11:38 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #42
badfast

Quote:
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Your regurgitation of biased news came before your reading ability.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #43
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Read it yourself, it has been available for years:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...1hr3590enr.pdf

http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

For as much interest as you attempt to show in it you should probably read it yourself. Stop allowing some slanted "news" publication tell you how to think about it.

Fvckin idiots. All arguing about it without even knowing the specifics.
You obviously did not read the thread...

I stated I read bit and pieces of it, and when I get the time, I will read it this week. Downloaded the PDF earlier today. Thanks for reiterating what was already stated.

So tell me fly guy, what all is in it or at least why you support it? I want examples from the bill.
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #44
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Your regurgitation of biased news came before your reading ability.
Cool. Next time read the thread before you comment.
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #45
badfast

Quote:
Cool. Next time read the thread before you comment.
I read upto this point:

Quote:
Less than 3 percent of U.S. federal workers want to give up their current health plans and join Obamacare, according to a new poll.
And I realized you posted another stupid biased and ill researched article without forming an opinion--standard BF08 practice. You and most of the people on this forum don't know **** about what is going on except what your poor excuse for "quality news" feeds you. Therefore I provided links to the actual text of the ACA. Study up, learn something, then argue.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #46
bimmerfan08

Quote:
I read upto this point:

And I realized you posted another stupid biased and ill researched article without forming an opinion--standard BF08 practice. You and most of the people on this forum don't know **** about what is going on except what your poor excuse for "quality news" feeds you. Therefore I provided links to the actual text of the ACA. Study up, learn something, then argue.
I asked a specific question, and no one, including you can answer it. I suggest you self-prescribe your own advice. I'm not the one in support of the bill (yet), and although I will read it, I expect you and others to support your stance. So, why do you support it and more importantly, can you link examples from the bill to your response? So that when I read it I can reference them and see if you are factual or just blowing smoke?

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 08-19-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #47
badfast

Quote:
I asked a specific question, and no one, including you can answer it. I suggest you self-prescribe your own advice. I'm not the one in support of the bill (yet), and although I will read it, I expect you and others to support your stance. So, why do you support it and more importantly, can you link examples from the bill to your response, so that when I read it I can reference them and draw my own opinion?
Obviously your reading comprehension sucks. Do you engineer legos? I have yet to announce a stance. I addressed the constant ignorance that surrounds the issue. And that other **** you listed. F that. I have better stuff to do with my time. You quickly moved yourself into the same category as Chase and NFRS. I devote roughly 30 seconds to reading and responding to your posts. And for this post....your time is up.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #48
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Obviously your reading comprehension sucks. Do you engineer legos? I have yet to announce a stance. I addressed the constant ignorance that surrounds the issue. And that other **** you listed. F that. I have better stuff to do with my time. You quickly moved yourself into the same category as Chase and NFRS. I devote roughly 30 seconds to reading and responding to your posts. And for this post....your time is up.

In what way would you want me to engineer legos? In the form of a plane, a boat, a bridge? Be more specific. I need details. Schematics and some formulations might help the case.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your insightful posts good sir. Can you leave me with another 30 second post?

So you choose to dismiss a very important law, and don't care how it might affect you? I would have expected you of all people to know that bill start to finish.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 08-19-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #49
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
There's no issue with the original article and poll. They honestly reported it as less than 3% of about 2500 responding readers wanted to switch to the new system.

Daily caller somehow extrapolated this to reflect all federal employees.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Saw this as well. Had originally clicked the link to the original article and poll, but somehow managed to post the other one by mistake. Perhaps Daily Caller is biased or just left out critical info?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #50
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #51
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Poll: Less than 3 percent of 2500 federal workers want to join Obamacare

"I don't have time to read the laws and policies affecting my life"

Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #52
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
This place can definitely rustle some jimmies.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #53
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
"I don't have time to read the laws and policies affecting my life"

I haven't seen a list of negative effects (none that I believe, anyway). I'm willing to give it a chance. I like the extended care for children, the pre existing condition clause, and the provision that will prevent insurance companies from dropping policy holders after they get sick.

It might not be a perfect program, but it's a good start.

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #54
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I haven't seen a list of negative effects (none that I believe, anyway). I'm willing to give it a chance. I like the extended care for children, the pre existing condition clause, and the provision that will prevent insurance companies from dropping policy holders after they get sick.

You're older. You won't have to live with the implications for long if it turns out to be a flop.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #55
badfast

Quote:

In what way would you want me to engineer legos? In the form of a plane, a boat, a bridge? Be more specific. I need details. Schematics and some formulations might help the case.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your insightful posts good sir. Can you leave me with another 30 second post?

So you choose to dismiss a very important law, and don't care how it might affect you? I would have expected you of all people to know that bill start to finish.
Again the reading issue. I didnt ask you to build me anything. I asked if you engineer legos. Based on your lack of reading ability I doubt your ability at processing and understanding lego schematics.

Second, you are the one dismissing things. The text of this law has been available for years. Dont assume I dont what the f is going on because you dont It simply is....your 30 seconds are up.

Last edited by badfast; 08-19-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #56
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Again the reading issue. I didnt ask you to build me anything. I asked if you engineer legos. Based on your lack of reading ability I doubt your ability at processing and understanding lego schematics.

Second, you are the one dismissing things. The text of this law has been available for years. Dont assume I dont what the f is going on because you dont It simply is....your 30 seconds are up.
The context in which you asked the question "do you engineer Legos" could imply the engineering of the material and the parts themselves or the application of those finished parts into something useful.

So then why can't you enlighten myself and others? Either you have read the bill or you haven't. Which is it?

FYI why should I need to read something entirely that I don't yet support when I have others who should be able to provide summaries? Does an engineer go to his CEO and tell him/her all the technical details of a project? No. The engineer highlights some key points. Points out costs and pricing. Does a little song and dance and leaves the CEO with all of the project's information and the discretion to form an interpretation. I'm asking the questions here guy. Pipe down and get reading the bill yourself. I'll be a bit more generous...your 31 seconds are up. Shall we go another round?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #57
badfast

Quote:
The context in which you asked the question "do you engineer Legos" could imply the engineering of the material and the parts themselves or the application of those finished parts into something useful.

So then why can't you enlighten myself and others? Either you have read the bill or you haven't. Which is it?

FYI why should I need to read something entirely that I don't yet support when I have others who should be able to provide summaries? Does an engineer go to his CEO and tell him/her all the technical details of a project? No. The engineer highlights some key points. Points out costs and pricing. Does a little song and dance and leaves the CEO with all of the project's information and the discretion to form an interpretation. I'm asking the questions here guy. Pipe down and get reading the bill yourself. I'll be a bit more generous...your 31 seconds are up. Shall we go another round?
Certainly the CEO gets a summary. I dont think he gets it from the bums on the street. And that is your source. A bunch of bums on the street. Nice try though kid. Keep sharing your deep insights to business from your entry level position.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #58
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Certainly the CEO gets a summary. I dont think he gets it from the bums on the street. And that is your source. A bunch of bums on the street. Nice try though kid. Keep sharing your deep insights to business from your entry level position.
You're miserable.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #59
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post

Question, what would happen to automobile insurance companies if the government told them that they did not have a right to drop bad drivers? BTW, I don't disagree that the above things are GOOD things. My question to you is at what price do they come (logically?)

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 08-19-2013 at 08:53 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #60
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Actually read the article in the OP and then form an opinion. Until then your responses carry no meaning. I've placed the original poll and numbers in the OP to save you the hassle.