E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #61
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Poll: Less than 3 percent of 2500 federal workers want to join Obamacare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Question, what would happen to automobile insurance companies if the government told them that they did not have a right to drop bad drivers? BTW, I don't disagree that the above things are GOOD things. My question to you is at what price do they come (logically?)
Other side of that coin, what price does human life have?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #62
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Of course the Fed workers wouldn't -- nor would, should or ought anyone else who already has decent health insurance. That's the whole point of the exchanges, they are basically for people who don't have, or can't affordably get, health insurance. So yes, the 3% figure makes perfectly good sense. Dopey poll, certainly what was implied in the article.

And yes, as said, Fed workers don't have any say in what info campaigns their agencies are carrying out.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #63
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post

And this is driving factor for ALL government programs. People need to eat.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #64
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Take your left-wing moonbat lies and gtfo!!!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #65
bagher

My Ride: Marshmallow logic
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Does obamacare mean I have to give up my current health insurance? That would really piss me off. All the doctor's offices we go to say "wow, that's really good insurance"

not sure if serious but the answer is no.
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #66
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Question, what would happen to automobile insurance companies if the government told them that they did not have a right to drop bad drivers?
No straw men would die as a consequence.

Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #67
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
You're older. You won't have to live with the implications for long if it turns out to be a flop.
Bonus!

Congratulations.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #68
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:

Price to whom? Would you empty out your savings account to save a stranger's life? Didn't think so, so don't play the caring game.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #69
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
No straw men would die as a consequence.
So no intelligent answer then?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #70
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:
So no intelligent answer then?
I reserve intelligent answers for intelligent questions.

Congratulations.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #71
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I reserve intelligent answers for intelligent questions.
Riiiiiight, so you don't see what happens when insurance companies are forced to carry high liability customers, got it. I guess you haven't learned how insurance actually works. BRB, goin to smoke 50 cigarettes, thanks Obama!

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 08-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #72
Lair
Modded ///Member

My car insurance went down after a liability insurance law was passed here.

Smoke up.

Congratulations.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #73
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
I know, unfortunately the left takes it to the extreme.

Quote:
Price to whom? Would you empty out your savings account to save a stranger's life? Didn't think so, so don't play the caring game.
I would like to think everyone would empty their account.

Quote:
Riiiiiight, so you don't see what happens when insurance companies are forced to carry high liability customers, got it. I guess you haven't learned how insurance actually works. BRB, goin to smoke 50 cigarettes, thanks Obama!
What happens when your loved one gets cancer in between insurance?

Last edited by Green_Shine; 08-19-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #74
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
My car insurance went down after a liability insurance law was passed here.

Smoke up.
What law are you talking about?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #75
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I know, unfortunately the left takes it to the extreme.

I would like to think everyone would empty their account.

What happens when your loved one gets cancer in between insurance?
Feel good hot air. Do you have money in your savings account? Point proven. Why haven't you gone down to your local hospital and paid the bill of a low income uninsured person?

You do not solve problems like this based on anecdotal Hallmark channel TV movie scenarios. You need to look at it in terms of feasibility.

The fact is, the same poor families you are trying to help, are going to get hammered even worse because they won't be able to pay for this new awesome insurance. The premiums will be so high that the average middle class joe won't be able to afford it, much less so if they have a 4 member family. For you to believe that this will actually bring costs down is nothing short of comedy.

Insurance is a business. Like it or not, that's how it works, car, home, life, medical. It all functions the same way. People in kansas pay A LOT more for tornado insurance than people in NJ. Unhealthy people pay a lot more. Drivers with tons of accidents can't get insurance, and if they can, it's extremely expensive. Forcing insurance companies to insure high liability customers (ie, your cancer patient) spreads the cost around. Insurance companies aren't going to provide insurance if they can't make money right?

We have done this close to 5 times here now, discussed healthcare and healthcare costs. If you want to implement real world solutions that will actually HELP the less fortunate, I'm all ears. Harping about how this is a great idea without any actual and logical information is just blowing smoke.

On top of this, when this program goes into effect, it will bankrupt the small insurance companies. Those small ones that "survive" will all be bought by the big boys. Within 3 years, you will see only a few companies providing insurance...Aetna, Oxford, Bluecross, etc. When you have such a tiny choice, the prices will be sky high. On top of that, the government will now be involved in dictating what each procedure costs, and dictate when it can be done (if at all.) Basically doctors will need a permission slip (much like they do now, but on a larger scale) to do anything. This means, you are not getting the best care possible, but you are getting care that payment has been authorized for. This is what you want?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #76
Lair
Modded ///Member

Quote:
What law are you talking about?
Mandatory auto liability insurance. It wasn't required here until 1999.

Congratulations.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #77
Carskibum

Quote:
Feel good hot air. Do you have money in your savings account? Point proven. Why haven't you gone down to your local hospital and paid the bill of a low income uninsured person?

You do not solve problems like this based on anecdotal Hallmark channel TV movie scenarios. You need to look at it in terms of feasibility.

The fact is, the same poor families you are trying to help, are going to get hammered even worse because they won't be able to pay for this new awesome insurance. The premiums will be so high that the average middle class joe won't be able to afford it, much less so if they have a 4 member family. For you to believe that this will actually bring costs down is nothing short of comedy.

Insurance is a business. Like it or not, that's how it works, car, home, life, medical. It all functions the same way. People in kansas pay A LOT more for tornado insurance than people in NJ. Unhealthy people pay a lot more. Drivers with tons of accidents can't get insurance, and if they can, it's extremely expensive. Forcing insurance companies to insure high liability customers (ie, your cancer patient) spreads the cost around. Insurance companies aren't going to provide insurance if they can't make money right?

We have done this close to 5 times here now, discussed healthcare and healthcare costs. If you want to implement real world solutions that will actually HELP the less fortunate, I'm all ears. Harping about how this is a great idea without any actual and logical information is just blowing smoke.

On top of this, when this program goes into effect, it will bankrupt the small insurance companies. Those small ones that "survive" will all be bought by the big boys. Within 3 years, you will see only a few companies providing insurance...Aetna, Oxford, Bluecross, etc. When you have such a tiny choice, the prices will be sky high. On top of that, the government will now be involved in dictating what each procedure costs, and dictate when it can be done (if at all.) Basically doctors will need a permission slip (much like they do now, but on a larger scale) to do anything. This means, you are not getting the best care possible, but you are getting care that payment has been authorized for. This is what you want?
End to end, the whole healthcare supply chain has become almost devastatingly lean in response to Obamacare. Quality of care for all is on it's way down.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #78
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
End to end, the whole healthcare supply chain has become almost devastatingly lean in response to Obamacare. Quality of care for all is on it's way down.
Well, we can agree on this. This will certainly not improve the quality, something that has been lacking for quite some time. Regardless, this isn't even a party line issue. Both the dems and the pubs are full of horsesh!t, and are not interested in actually fixing the problem by using common sense meaningful tactics. As a result, while those idiots in congress circle jerk each other, the rest of the people will suffer (higher premiums and lower quality) until the system hits bottom. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #79
Carskibum

Quote:
Well, we can agree on this. This will certainly not improve the quality, something that has been lacking for quite some time. Regardless, this isn't even a party line issue. Both the dems and the pubs are full of horsesh!t, and are not interested in actually fixing the problem by using common sense meaningful tactics. As a result, while those idiots in congress circle jerk each other, the rest of the people will suffer (higher premiums and lower quality) until the system hits bottom. It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Unsure how this is the GOP's doing though? Obama came in with this as an agenda item. Instead of listening to the analysis and phase 0 brought forth by his own people, he continued to roll forward with something that is infeasible and unsustainable.

Media won't bring it up but this is slowly becoming his Iraq.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #80
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Pelosi : "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it".

Perhaps they should have read and understood the bill prior to voting on it

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote