E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #81
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Feel good hot air. Do you have money in your savings account? Point proven. Why haven't you gone down to your local hospital and paid the bill of a low income uninsured person?

You do not solve problems like this based on anecdotal Hallmark channel TV movie scenarios. You need to look at it in terms of feasibility.

The fact is, the same poor families you are trying to help, are going to get hammered even worse because they won't be able to pay for this new awesome insurance. The premiums will be so high that the average middle class joe won't be able to afford it, much less so if they have a 4 member family. For you to believe that this will actually bring costs down is nothing short of comedy.

Insurance is a business. Like it or not, that's how it works, car, home, life, medical. It all functions the same way. People in kansas pay A LOT more for tornado insurance than people in NJ. Unhealthy people pay a lot more. Drivers with tons of accidents can't get insurance, and if they can, it's extremely expensive. Forcing insurance companies to insure high liability customers (ie, your cancer patient) spreads the cost around. Insurance companies aren't going to provide insurance if they can't make money right?

We have done this close to 5 times here now, discussed healthcare and healthcare costs. If you want to implement real world solutions that will actually HELP the less fortunate, I'm all ears. Harping about how this is a great idea without any actual and logical information is just blowing smoke.

On top of this, when this program goes into effect, it will bankrupt the small insurance companies. Those small ones that "survive" will all be bought by the big boys. Within 3 years, you will see only a few companies providing insurance...Aetna, Oxford, Bluecross, etc. When you have such a tiny choice, the prices will be sky high. On top of that, the government will now be involved in dictating what each procedure costs, and dictate when it can be done (if at all.) Basically doctors will need a permission slip (much like they do now, but on a larger scale) to do anything. This means, you are not getting the best care possible, but you are getting care that payment has been authorized for. This is what you want?
I never said I was a fan of Obamacare, I was asking what do we do with people who are in between insurance? You cannot treat people like used car insurance, lets say you're going to get cancer in the future and it is inevitable. Today if you get diagnosed in between jobs you're fvcked, regardless if you worked a career for 20+ with insurance prior to being in between jobs.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #82
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
I never said I was a fan of Obamacare, I was asking what do we do with people who are in between insurance? You cannot treat people like used car insurance, lets say you're going to get cancer in the future and it is inevitable. Today if you get diagnosed in between jobs you're fvcked, regardless if you worked a career for 20+ with insurance prior to being in between jobs.
You could fix that issue with a single paragraph bill.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #83
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Poll: Less than 3 percent of 2500 federal workers want to join Obamacare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Unsure how this is the GOP's doing though? Obama came in with this as an agenda item. Instead of listening to the analysis and phase 0 brought forth by his own people, he continued to roll forward with something that is infeasible and unsustainable.

Media won't bring it up but this is slowly becoming his Iraq.
The pubs don't really have anything to do with obamacare, but I don't see anyone (other than maybe Ron and rand Paul) from the republican precincts try to really fix the major problem.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #84
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
What do you mean "between" insurance? Don't let it lapse. Pay for your own. Isn't that what Cobra is for?

Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #85
BB BMW

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
How can you support something you have no or not complete knowledge of? This baffles me.
You could ask Nancy Pelosi. She said we needed to pass it before we could find out what was in it.

This is the liberal way.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #86
BB BMW

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I don't support it. I just don't care.

Why does the republican party try so hard to beat it down if none of you know what's in it?
As the contents trickle out, the more people do not like it. Why do you think large union groups who supported the bill are now asking to be exempt, along with federal staff, etc.
Why is health insurance going up so fast, when it was supposed to go way down?
Why is it going to cost over $3 trillion dollars now, when it was supposed to cost $797 billion? (under the $1 trillion dollar mark)
Why are so many companies cutting workers to part time?
Why are so many companies cutting their number of employees?

I think maybe they have read the bill and see the harm it will cause them.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson
BB BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #87
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post
As the contents trickle out, the more people do not like it. Why do you think large union groups who supported the bill are now asking to be exempt, along with federal staff, etc.
Why is it going to cost over $3 trillion dollars now, when it was supposed to cost $797 billion? (under the $1 trillion dollar mark)

I don't know.

And for all this "doomsday" scenario as espoused by companies, etc. the funny thing is...Obamacare hasn't even kicked in yet...

Funny huh? Even more funny how the vast majority don't even know what's in the bill and are complaining. Do they even know what they're complaining about? I certainly don't

So... maybe it's the fear and intimidation campaign

Or maybe it has nothing to do with Obamacare and issues are due to some other driver or influence. Just a thought.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 08-19-2013 at 05:28 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #88
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW View Post

Care to cite the specific passages that validate your claims instead of repeating rightwing spin machine talking points?

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 08-19-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #89
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Care to cite the specific passages that validate your claims instead of repeating rightwing spin machine talking points?
Ummm, nothing in that post has anything to do with WHATS INSIDE Obamacare. His point is simply illustrating the collateral damage, which is real, as a result of the law LOOMING over everyone's heads. Assuming NONE of us know a single thing about Obamacare, you don't find it interesting that the big boys in government are exempt from it? Seems like a pretty big red flag to me, regardless of which side you lean to.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #90
Lair

Quote:
Ummm, nothing in that post has anything to do with WHATS INSIDE Obamacare. His point is simply illustrating the collateral damage, which is real, as a result of the law LOOMING over everyone's heads. Assuming NONE of us know a single thing about Obamacare, you don't find it interesting that the big boys in government are exempt from it? Seems like a pretty big red flag to me, regardless of which side you lean to.
"Real"?

"Really"?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #91
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
He can't because nobody knows what's in it. Too much to digest. Same reason Marco Rubio is toast how can a 1200 page immigration bill ever work?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #92
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
He can't because nobody knows what's in it. Too much to digest. Same reason Marco Rubio is toast how can a 1200 page immigration bill ever work?
You know...

Wouldn't it be insulting if you were the guy who wrote all 1200 pages of the bill only to have no one read it? I'd be upset. All that work for what? Controversy?

Poor staffers. lol

MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #93
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
"Real"?

"Really"?
Are you denying that employers are cutting hours and replacing full time workers with part time ones?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #94
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
You know...

Wouldn't it be insulting if you were the guy who wrote all 1200 pages of the bill only to have no one read it? I'd be upset. All that work for what? Controversy?

Poor staffers. lol

Anybody sponsoring a bill should be required to give 10 hours of press conferences with questions about the contents only.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #95
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
Anybody sponsoring a bill should be required to give 10 hours of press conferences with questions about the contents only.
I'll do you one better. Anyone who writes the bill must ORALLY RECITE the entire bill in front of congress, three times on 3 separate fridays. This will ensure that every word is heard and no one can sneak anything in. This will undoubtedly keep bills A LOT shorter as well.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #96
ti317

Quote:
I'll do you one better. Anyone who writes the bill must ORALLY RECITE the entire bill in front of congress, three times on 3 separate fridays. This will ensure that every word is heard and no one can sneak anything in. This will undoubtedly keep bills A LOT shorter as well.
I like it! Them sons of guns let so much other stuff into the bills that they are bound to contain some totally distasteful conditions.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #97
Lair

Quote:
Are you denying that employers are cutting hours and replacing full time workers with part time ones?
Of course not. Why would I deny that some American company owners are greedy, hateful douchebags who will fvck their employees to make a political point?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #98
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Of course not. Why would I deny that some American company owners are greedy, hateful douchebags who will fvck their employees to make a political point?
Even if they are greedy douchebags, the fact of the matter is the very American's you care so much about are being hurt, and obamacare is the reason why. Your logic makes no sense. It's like burning your mouth on a hot cup of coffee, and blaming the lips for the pain.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #99
Lair

Obamacare isn't forcing insurance companies to rape you or employers to lay you off.

That's rightwing douchebaggery at work.

Stop blaming Obama for the shlt moves of conservative assh0les.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #100
ti317

Quote:
Obamacare isn't forcing insurance companies to rape you or employers to lay you off.

That's rightwing douchebaggery at work.

Stop blaming Obama for the shlt moves of conservative assh0les.
Profanity is one of the last refuges of a man with no facts on his side.

Obama brags how a certain percentage of premiums MUST go to paying claims and only a certain amount to administration. Ipso facto, increases in premiums MUST be related to the cost of the coverage. Address this or cease and desist.

I know in the minds of many, employers only exist to make workers suffer but news flash! Employers hire people to make money off of their labor. Very few if any employers are going to pass up the opportunity to make money and lay off revenue generating workers just to get Obama because, you guessed it, HE'S BLACK!