E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
Pinned

My Ride: RSTi, M3
Dice: no sound

Just installed a brand new mediabridge, it recognizes the iPod and iPhone as well as providing scrolling text, but there is no audio! It makes some static noises and at the highest head unit volume there is very faint music.

I tried a friend's dice duo and it has the same symptom. I've even tried switching the cable that goes from the 3pin/6pin to the dice, no help.

The car is a 2002 M3 with business CD and HK. No OEM changer installed, but it's prewired.

What's the deal here? What should I try next?
Pinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Pinned

I've tried reinitializing this thing like 5 times now. Pulled the head unit out, looks like the factory changer cable was in the aux slot. I moved it to the inner connector which is for the changer AFAIK. After doing this and plugging in the iPod the Dice announced "Song Mode" over the speakers with lots of distortion and that was it, no song, nothing. Is the Dice broken? I guess I can give the other Dice I tried yesterday a second shot.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Pinned

Turns out that BMW wired the changer to the incorrect port on the head unit. Got that taken care of and after about the 5th or 6th reinstall of the unit I got it to work. Sound quality is...lacking. I don't know if it's the stock HK, but there is definitely some static in the background that isn't there with CDs or FM radio. Kind of annoyed with that. Going to finish the install and use it for a few weeks to see how it is. If it sucks it's going back to Amazon. $220 for this thing is a lot, considering I could have gotten a whole new headunit for that price in most other cars.

There are solutions from Dension and Grom that look competitive with this, but no one seems to be using them. Really not excited at the possibility that the only decent upgrade path is $2000 for MkIV Nav + Intravee or $700+ for a Dynavin of questionable quality.

Last edited by Pinned; 08-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Youngcity0829

My Ride: 95 M3
I answered you on bimmerforums. Check that out.

95 M3 - gone / 94 330i - sold / 04 G35 6MT - Sold / 13' SWP WRX Stage 2 - current
Youngcity0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
EHall

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Hey Pinned, sorry to hear about your mediabridge troubles. Looks like I'm having the identical problem. Scrolling text but no audio. Can you clarify how you sorted out the CD changer wiring on the head unit?
EHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
TnT817

My Ride: 01 330ci
I have the grom BT3 and I have absolutely no issues. There is no static playing music and my phone always auto connects as soon as I get in the car. Great unit especially for only 130 bucks!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Jessie@Audiovox
Account Under Review

My Ride: Nissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHall View Post
Hey Pinned, sorry to hear about your mediabridge troubles. Looks like I'm having the identical problem. Scrolling text but no audio. Can you clarify how you sorted out the CD changer wiring on the head unit?
I'm watching this one with curiosity. Checking the factory wiring is the first thing I would have suggested for this issue. If Pinned doesn't have the info to send, I'll see if I can locate the pin-out for you.
Jessie@Audiovox is offline   Reply With Quote