E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
v8 5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jarzy, New Jarzy
Posts: 343
My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I can't take someone seriously when they rap about drugs, biches, and killing. How is that wise?

How old are you OP?
Yet he made more money than all of the money you'll make in your entire life.
__________________
Gutted with a Getrag



We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,968
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Have not even watched the video yet but I can tell you that 50 cent is not stupid. He got shot in the mouth, which affects his speech.

Research his Vitamin Water deal and see how stupid that deal was.

--------------

In the business world, Jackson has established himself in a variety of industries. In November 2003, he signed a five-year deal with Reebok to distribute a "G-Unit Sneakers" line as part of his G-Unit Clothing Company.[85][86]
He worked with Glacéau to create a vitamin water drink called Formula 50. In 2007, Coca-Cola purchased Glacéau for US$4.1 billion. Forbes estimated Jackson, who owns a stake in the company, earned $100 million from the deal after taxes.[87] He has teamed up with Right Guard to launch a body spray called Pure 50 RGX Body Spray and a condom line called Magic Stick Condoms,[88] in which he planned to donate part of the proceeds to HIV awareness.[89] Jackson has signed a multi-year deal with Steiner Sports to sell his memorabilia.[90]
In August 2007, Jackson announced plans to launch a dietary supplement company in conjunction with his movie Spectacular Regret.[91]

Jackson has also started two film production companies, one called G-Unit Films in 2003 and another called Cheetah Vision in 2008.[92][93] G-Unit Films later folded and Jackson began to focus his efforts on his second film company.[94] In 2010, Jackson's second film production company Cheetah Vision landed $200 million in funding.[95]
In July 2011, 50 Cent shifted his entrepreneurial ambitions towards philanthropy. He revealed his initiative to provide food for one billion starving people in Africa by 2016. 50 Cent teamed up with Pure Growth Partners to launch a charitable energy drink called Street King that will help aid in combating world hunger. For every purchase of Street King, a portion of the sales will go to providing a daily meal to an underprivileged child around the world. The partnership coincides with Jackson's mission statement of feeding a billion people in Africa over the next five years: "50 Cent and I share a common vision: to address the world's problems through smart and sustainable business models," said Chris Clarke, the founder and CEO of Pure Growth Partners. "With the rampant starvation in Africa and hunger afflicting children worldwide, we need socially responsible businesses that affect real change now more than ever." Similarly, Jackson stated: "I'm inspired by Clarke's vision and innovative approaches to tackling serious issues. It's our mission with Street King to really change children's lives around the world."[96][97] Jackson founded SMS Audio, selling headphones with the name Street by 50. He has pledged to donate a portion of the sales to charity.[98]
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 08-19-2013 at 08:25 AM.
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #23
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Yet he made more money than all of the money you'll make in your entire life.
The society in which we live.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #24
Leezy321
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
50 Cents words of wisdom

I was one of the few that listened to 50 before he got shot. And I believe, had he not got shot, he would've never made it. His "Get Rich or Die Tryin" album was probably one of the greatest rap albums released since the mid 90s... Not lyrically (that goes to Eminem), but the impact it made when it got released. That said, everything after that album is complete garbage....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Louchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: nyny
Posts: 17
My Ride: Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
I was one of the few that listened to 50 before he got shot. And I believe, had he not got shot, he would've never made it. His "Get Rich or Die Tryin" album was probably one of the greatest rap albums released since the mid 90s... Not lyrically (that goes to Eminem), but the impact it made when it got released. That said, everything after that album is complete garbage....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Musically, you're probably right. But what he was able to do off the success and fame of that album is honestly inspiring.
__________________
Louchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #26
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
50 cent made a lot of money. Most of his financial decisions (ie buying vitamin water) were not his ideas, but his financial advisors, to whom he pays a lot of money. Money is not a gauge for a role model. I sure don't want my kids looking up to 50 cent. There are plenty of other people that kids can look up to without a violent criminal past, including Oprah, Ranulph Fiennes, etc. Rappers are not people to look up to IMHO.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #27
Louchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: nyny
Posts: 17
My Ride: Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Have not even watched the video yet but I can tell you that 50 cent is not stupid. He got shot in the mouth, which affects his speech.

Research his Vitamin Water deal and see how stupid that deal was.

--------------

In the business world, Jackson has established himself in a variety of industries. In November 2003, he signed a five-year deal with Reebok to distribute a "G-Unit Sneakers" line as part of his G-Unit Clothing Company.[85][86]
He worked with Glacéau to create a vitamin water drink called Formula 50. In 2007, Coca-Cola purchased Glacéau for US$4.1 billion. Forbes estimated Jackson, who owns a stake in the company, earned $100 million from the deal after taxes.[87] He has teamed up with Right Guard to launch a body spray called Pure 50 RGX Body Spray and a condom line called Magic Stick Condoms,[88] in which he planned to donate part of the proceeds to HIV awareness.[89] Jackson has signed a multi-year deal with Steiner Sports to sell his memorabilia.[90]
In August 2007, Jackson announced plans to launch a dietary supplement company in conjunction with his movie Spectacular Regret.[91]

Jackson has also started two film production companies, one called G-Unit Films in 2003 and another called Cheetah Vision in 2008.[92][93] G-Unit Films later folded and Jackson began to focus his efforts on his second film company.[94] In 2010, Jackson's second film production company Cheetah Vision landed $200 million in funding.[95]
In July 2011, 50 Cent shifted his entrepreneurial ambitions towards philanthropy. He revealed his initiative to provide food for one billion starving people in Africa by 2016. 50 Cent teamed up with Pure Growth Partners to launch a charitable energy drink called Street King that will help aid in combating world hunger. For every purchase of Street King, a portion of the sales will go to providing a daily meal to an underprivileged child around the world. The partnership coincides with Jackson's mission statement of feeding a billion people in Africa over the next five years: "50 Cent and I share a common vision: to address the world's problems through smart and sustainable business models," said Chris Clarke, the founder and CEO of Pure Growth Partners. "With the rampant starvation in Africa and hunger afflicting children worldwide, we need socially responsible businesses that affect real change now more than ever." Similarly, Jackson stated: "I'm inspired by Clarke's vision and innovative approaches to tackling serious issues. It's our mission with Street King to really change children's lives around the world."[96][97] Jackson founded SMS Audio, selling headphones with the name Street by 50. He has pledged to donate a portion of the sales to charity.[98]
Finally someone who isn't a bigot. Thanks for the support bro. He's brought up being type-cast in interviews so many times.
__________________

Last edited by Louchie; 08-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Louchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #28
Vinnie Vega
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 531
My Ride: 0032870Vette70Velle
50 is no role model Now jay-z, that's a role model.
Vinnie Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #29
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,968
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
50 cent made a lot of money. Most of his financial decisions (ie buying vitamin water) were not his ideas, but his financial advisors, to whom he pays a lot of money. Money is not a gauge for a role model. I sure don't want my kids looking up to 50 cent. There are plenty of other people that kids can look up to without a violent criminal past, including Oprah, Ranulph Fiennes, etc. Rappers are not people to look up to IMHO.
He was smart enough to surround himself with the right people.

Compare him to MC Hammer who made more money faster in the music industry.

I know what you are saying though about idolizing street thugs turned millionaires.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #30
Louchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: nyny
Posts: 17
My Ride: Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk_circus View Post
I knew nothing about 50 cent, other than what mainstream media says about him (AKA, he's a gangster that got shot 9 times and lived). I watched your original video OP, and I thought it was pretty good.
Again. He's brought up this issue so many times. People only know of him based off his first album and the fact that he got shot 9 times. That makes them automatically label him a gangster rapper and that's it. If he was a "retard" like some people say he would be dead broke right now. His music has really fallen off after his debut studio album, yet he is making more money, is more well-known and is more successful than ever. Go figure.
__________________
Louchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #31
Louchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: nyny
Posts: 17
My Ride: Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
50 cent made a lot of money. Most of his financial decisions (ie buying vitamin water) were not his ideas, but his financial advisors, to whom he pays a lot of money. Money is not a gauge for a role model. I sure don't want my kids looking up to 50 cent. There are plenty of other people that kids can look up to without a violent criminal past, including Oprah, Ranulph Fiennes, etc. Rappers are not people to look up to IMHO.
You're basing this decision off of what exactly? I'm not saying it's not possible for him to have received help financially or whatever, but listening to him speak, seeing the things he does etc. you can't NOT give him credit for his own financial decisions and success.
__________________
Louchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #32
Louchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: nyny
Posts: 17
My Ride: Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
He was smart enough to surround himself with the right people.

Compare him to MC Hammer who made more money faster in the music industry.

I know what you are saying though about idolizing street thugs turned millionaires.
I don't know. In my mind I see nothing wrong with 50's past. He was a product of his environment. But even when you watch older interviews and you hear him talk about his past, he's always been much more of a "street thug" so that persona I think isn't something that has stuck with him. I especially find it interesting that he doesn't drink and he claims he has never done drugs/smoked weed. I'm just sharing my views on one of my role models.
__________________
Louchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #33
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
I was one of the few that listened to 50 before he got shot. And I believe, had he not got shot, he would've never made it. His "Get Rich or Die Tryin" album was probably one of the greatest rap albums released since the mid 90s... Not lyrically (that goes to Eminem), but the impact it made when it got released. That said, everything after that album is complete garbage....


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
i agree. i think he's one of the weakest rappers that ever made it big. he basically made his career off of antagonizing other rappers with cheap one-liners.

that being said, i give him a lot of credit for turning the money he made off of one good album into an everlasting career as a businessman and entrepreneur. maybe a lot of credit goes to his advisers, but there's a lot to be said for surrounding yourself with the right people and knowing who to listen to. there are plenty of other artists and celebrities who didn't do pull off half of what he did with their initial windfall
__________________
Mike Larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #34
Louchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: nyny
Posts: 17
My Ride: Audi Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
i agree. i think he's one of the weakest rappers that ever made it big. he basically made his career off of antagonizing other rappers with cheap one-liners.

that being said, i give him a lot of credit for turning the money he made off of one good album into an everlasting career as a businessman and entrepreneur. maybe a lot of credit goes to his advisers, but there's a lot to be said for surrounding yourself with the right people and knowing who to listen to. there are plenty of other artists and celebrities who didn't do pull off half of what he did with their initial windfall


However, I have to say I loved Get Rich or Die Tryin and everything he released leading up to it. But it's music, so of course everyone isn't going to have the same tastes/views.

I also want to stress it's not just success from a financial standpoint that he has attained, listening to him speak you can tell it's on a much broader level, almost like he's reached enlightenment on a spiritual level. Knowing what he's here for, etc.
__________________

Last edited by Louchie; 08-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Louchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #35
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louchie View Post
Again. He's brought up this issue so many times. People only know of him based off his first album and the fact that he got shot 9 times. That makes them automatically label him a gangster rapper and that's it. If he was a "retard" like some people say he would be dead broke right now. His music has really fallen off after his debut studio album, yet he is making more money, is more well-known and is more successful than ever. Go figure.
Jay Z shot at his brother and stabbed a producer. He has A LOT more money than I do. Should I look up to him? If your role models are simply based on their financial situation, then you aim pretty low. There are people with A LOT more money than 50 cent. Steve Jobs was a better role model than 50 cent.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louchie View Post
You're basing this decision off of what exactly? I'm not saying it's not possible for him to have received help financially or whatever, but listening to him speak, seeing the things he does etc. you can't NOT give him credit for his own financial decisions and success.
Listening to him speak makes me want to gouge my eyes out. He sounds like he has down's syndrome. As for financials, the only thing I give him credit for is that he IS a financial idiot, but was smart enough to pay people that know what they are doing to make money FOR him. There is nothing you can say that will make any rational person think that he is a role model. Kids looking up to people like him is one of the causes for a lot of problems today.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louchie View Post
I don't know. In my mind I see nothing wrong with 50's past. He was a product of his environment. But even when you watch older interviews and you hear him talk about his past, he's always been much more of a "street thug" so that persona I think isn't something that has stuck with him. I especially find it interesting that he doesn't drink and he claims he has never done drugs/smoked weed. I'm just sharing my views on one of my role models.
So going around shooting people and robbing them is excusable because of the environment? Give me a break. I see will smith as a MUCH better role model than this guy.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #38
ImPulSe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NYC & Long Island
Posts: 751
My Ride: Bentley GT
Lindsay Lohan is my role model.
ImPulSe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #39
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 372
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louchie View Post
You truly are ignorant and probably racist. Congrats.
Ironic..Remind us all why you are not idolizing the HUGE majority of successful white entrepreneurs.

With that being said, 50 is a smart guy but far from the ideal role model.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #40
eee4666
Registered User
 
eee4666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 2,278
My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louchie View Post
Yeah. Because you know soooooo much about 50 Cent. Do you know about the charity work he's been doing. Do you know that he'a a successful businessman. Did you know that he's an author? Did you know he's close with Deepak Chopra and he meditates?
__________________
eee4666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use