E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #61
Rezist09

My Ride: 325i sedan
Add me to gb
Rezist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #62
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezist09 View Post
Add me to gb
You have to go to the link he provided and pay for it
Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #63
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Group Buy for Eonon D5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with ARM Processor & Cool UI & NFC Su

link doesnt work on cell phone

grrr
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #64
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
So guys like me that purchased the 5150 thru Eonon's eBay store only get a 1 year warranty???

When I ordered my 5150 it was "out of stock" after I placed my order and paid for it. I was in constant contact with customer support (which was great btw) and was told it would be approx 3 weeks and it would come with the New Can Bus V2. It did not and I'm still waiting for the New one to arrive, it's been over 10 days. I was also told they want me to send the old one back to them in China, why?? This was Eonon's mistake Not mine, why should I have to pay to return it to China?

I purchased my 5150 from Eonon's eBay store. This was after guys were getting units with the new Can Bus V2 which is one of the reasons I waited to buy it. I even sent Eonon messages about this and was told "don't worry the 5150 you receive will come with the new V2 Can Bus". Well it didn't and I'm still waiting for Eonon to send it. Frustrating...

The 5150 is a really nice unit in alot of ways for the money.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Hi WOLFN8TR, yes ebay only has 1 year warranty, which is different from the 2 year warranty of our official website.

About your can bus, as long as the ebay customer service has promised you, it should be on the way, you just need to wait for a while with patience, thanks!

And please understand as a big company, we have different departments to be responsible for customer service of each Eonon store. I’m responsible for the customers from our official website. For your case, please kindly contact related ebay CS directly, they will also take good care of you, thanks a lot!

Glad to hear you like our unit a lot! Yes Eonon is famous for “great value for the money”!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #65
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dany325tim View Post
Hi, I'm in!
just a question, 3-6 days since your delivery for getting in US, right? and how much time take since a place the order until your delivery ? should we wait until sep.19th ? regards!
Quote:
I'm in for gb so they won't be shipped till sep 19 gb price is 340 not bad question I want add rear camera which one would work best .
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpiabota809 View Post
The shipping takes 3-6 days...the group buy ends on sept 19th
Quote:
They will ship it as soon as you place the order the price of the GB is what ends on sept 19
Hi Dany & Rezist, what limpiabota suggested is totally right, you’ll get the unit asap! Cheers! Welcome to join! Many thanks for your help limpiabota!

If you use the fastest paypal payment, we can ship your unit in just 2 days after receiving your payment. Cheers! Pls tell me your Order No. Or Email once you have placed the order so that I can better follow up your case! Thanks!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #66
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbija 328i View Post
I am down for this

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Hi srbija, thanks a lot for joining! I've added your name to the list.
Now just order from this group buy link is OK: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Add me to gb
OK mate, done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskisky View Post
link doesnt work on cell phone

grrr
Hi ruskisky, here is the group buy link for cell phone:
http://wap.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=D5150T

Welcome to order it soon!

Other guys who want to order via your cell phone, you can use this link, thanks!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-25-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #67
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi WOLFN8TR,yes ebay only has 1 year warranty, which is different from the 2 year warranty of our official website.

And please understand as a big company, we have different departments to be responsible for customer service of each Eonon store. I’m responsible for the customers from our official website.
Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this???
Why is the warranty different depending where you buy it from?
I bought it from Eonon's Ebay store not some no name reseller.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #68
tks

My Ride: slower than yours

link no worky!
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #69
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Wolf, most customers can understand this, this is a big advantage and added bonus of buying from our site, official is not the same as unofficial: http://www.eonon.com/2YEAR_WARRANTY.aspx But we will both take good care of our customers under the warranty. Just try to communicate with them with more patience. Thanks!

ruskisky, please try this: http://wap.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=D5150T
It should work, thanks!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #70
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Hi guys, lately many guys have got the D5150, and asked me about some similar D5150 questions, I’ve listed the FAQ here for your reference:

1. What is the GPS map path of the unit?
A: NorthAmerica\KudosMap7\KudosMap7.exe

2. Why I can’t watch videos while driving?
A: You need to turn off the “Brake_detect” setting in the system setting.

3. Is the extended wiring harness required on all installations?
A: The extended wire harness is only need for those cars with OEM navigation. Otherwise, you guys don't need it. If you need such wire, just find it on ebay now. We will have such cable in the future, but not sure when.

Hope these can help you guys too. And I'll summarize the commonly asked questions in the future now and then, hope it's useful for all of you.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #71
limpiabota809

My Ride: 330 XI
Quote:
Wolf, most customers can understand this, this is a big advantage and added bonus of buying from our site, official is not the same as unofficial: http://www.eonon.com/2YEAR_WARRANTY.aspx But we will both take good care of our customers under the warranty. Just try to communicate with them with more patience. Thanks!

It should work, thanks!
It doesn't make sense, because it was purchased from the "OFFICIAL" eonon eBay store but he doesn't get the same warranty as purchasing from eonon.com, thats like me purchasing something from footlocker.com and then going into the store and not being able to exchange an item...it's the same company
Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #72
TomTomTuning

My Ride: Black Sapphire ZHP
Quote:
Quote:

It should work, thanks!
Quote:
It doesn't make sense, because it was purchased from the "OFFICIAL" eonon eBay store but he doesn't get the same warranty as purchasing from eonon.com, thats like me purchasing something from footlocker.com and then going into the store and not being able to exchange an item...it's the same company
I completely agree, this is a bit concerning...

I have a question then, I made communications through eBay but I did not actually pay through eBay. I actually PayPal-ed you directly... Does this still count as an eBay purchase???

Photos: Flickr & 500PX
TomTomTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #73
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:

I too purchased my Eonon deck from Eonon's ebay auction and made the assumption that it would have the full factory warranty since I was purchasing this through the Eonon auction. After seeing the comments (above) concerning your ebay auctions having a 1 year warranty, I looked over the auction in which I purchased my unit and did notice it states 1 year warranty on this item.

The question I have Carlos, is what support will people who purchased through your ebay auction get after the 1 year warranty as compared to people who purchased this unit through your web site (2 year warranty).... will we get support?

The only reason I went to your Ebay auction is because at the time I purchased my unit, you were sold out and we couldn't purchase this item from your web site.
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 08-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #74
DrZoom

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
My guess is Eonon reduces the warranty by one year to offset the ebay final value fees which I would guess are at least 5% of the selling price. I did notice the 1 year warranty when I purchased but the price was better from Eonon's ebay site. This was also before they became a sponsor so I didn't see much benefit from buying directly from Eonon at the time.

If I were buying now, I would buy from Eonon direct as long as they maintain a presence here and offer support.

What would be nice is for Carlos to continue to provide whatever assistance he can to the "early adopters" even if they didn't buy from Eonon directly. I didn't buy until I saw the V2 Canbus was shipping but I only knew about this and how to overcome the various quirks from the information shared on this site. Eonon should be grateful for those efforts since otherwise very few of us would be comfortable purchasing a D5150.
DrZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #75
renzito75

My Ride: E46

Hi Carlos,sign me up for the group buy.

renzito75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #76
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZoom View Post
My guess is Eonon reduces the warranty by one year to offset the ebay final value fees which I would guess are at least 5% of the selling price. I did notice the 1 year warranty when I purchased but the price was better from Eonon's ebay site. This was also before they became a sponsor so I didn't see much benefit from buying directly from Eonon at the time.

If I were buying now, I would buy from Eonon direct as long as they maintain a presence here and offer support.
Yes, some of you are right in some ways. But it's just part of the truth.

Wow, long story, I try my best to make it short and clear!

In the past, both official website and ebay are with just 1 year warranty.

However, recent years, as the ebay charges are getting higher and business there very competitive, sellers are hard to survive, that's why, 99% competitors, including us can only provide 1 year warranty, if become 2 year, we have to scratch.

So the company would like to attract more customers to the official website, cuz operational cost are not that expensive and our development are not depends on ebay policy much.

Just consider the 2 year warranty a special offer by the company, consider it as a discount promotion, consumers get the most benefits! . Just like in a special period, a brand is providing different discounts for different stores.
Eonon do its business honestly for 10+ years. I believe not matter at website or ebay store, they do list the warranty clearly. Customer place the order by agreeing with it. No misleading, even cheating!

I believe ALL OF YOU would like the 2 year warranty goes on steadily on the website as I DO! If keep asking for fairness, the company will cancel this special offer and return to 1 year warranty. I don’t see anyone benefits.

Last but not the least, 2 year warranty is a special offer, and you are the one who get the most benefit, hope you all enjoy it!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #77
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZoom View Post
What would be nice is for Carlos to continue to provide whatever assistance he can to the "early adopters" even if they didn't buy from Eonon directly. I didn't buy until I saw the V2 Canbus was shipping but I only knew about this and how to overcome the various quirks from the information shared on this site. Eonon should be grateful for those efforts since otherwise very few of us would be comfortable purchasing a D5150.
Thanks for the kind advice, mate, that's what I am going to do! If this is the issue of you guys, "the early adopters" are worrying about, please rest assure. If you meet technical problems, PM me, I will try my best to help you! You can get technical support not only from ebay but also me!

However, I have no rights to prolong your warranty, that is going too far, haha. You understanding will be highly appreciate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
The question I have Carlos, is what support will people who purchased through your ebay auction get after the 1 year warranty as compared to people who purchased this unit through your web site (2 year warranty).... will we get support?

The only reason I went to your Ebay auction is because at the time I purchased my unit, you were sold out and we couldn't purchase this item from your web site.
Hi cak323i, after 1 year, even you don't have the warranty for the unit, you can still get free tech support from no matter ebay or me here! So don't worry about that too!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-27-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #78
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTomTuning View Post
I have a question then, I made communications through eBay but I did not actually pay through eBay. I actually PayPal-ed you directly... Does this still count as an eBay purchase???
Tom, you mean you have placed the order on our official website right? If so, it will be considered as our purchase. Please kindly tell me your Order No. or Email so that I can better track your order status, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzito75 View Post
Hi Carlos,sign me up for the group buy.

Hi renzito75, thanks for joining! You're name is added, and pls kindly place the order via this group buy link now: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html

Happy shopping! And don't forget to share with us your installation pics and review then, thank you!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #79
Scooby24

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP Sedan
Mixed reports of the V2 can bus not fixing the random input on startup. Can you confirm? Some of us paid money for the V2 because we were told it fixed this issue by eonon staff.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 AM   #80
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Mixed reports of the V2 can bus not fixing the random input on startup. Can you confirm? Some of us paid money for the V2 because we were told it fixed this issue by eonon staff.
Hi Scooby, I've seen in another thread only one guy named lrlima have this issue with V2 can bus, others are all OK. I'm not sure if he got the unit from our official website, and if his can bus is really V2, and not sure if he connect the wires correctly. I'll PM him for more details.

With V2 can bus, the random start up issue should be totally fixed. And the units sold on our official website are all with new V2 can bus now, so don't worry about that, thanks!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-27-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Tags
bmw e46 gps, bmw gps, car dvd, car gps, eonon