E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #41
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
We're taking our mike and you can't play...three years from now. Take that, NBC/CNN. Prepare.

Hmmm? I'm not sure if the rest of you can see this played out, but this little move really marks the moment they lost the next election. They've decided to start closing the doors to the media, as they have to spectators at speeches. The GOP has bought itself months and months of ridicule, well deserved.

It indicates to me that it knows the only way to stay alive, is close the doors and not let outsiders know what it stands for. It's done selling it's product to broader markets. Guess the big tent party just wants those few blacks, gays, latinos, fereners, and the poor guy who happened to get in before the doors closed.

Warning lefties: in 3 years, you'll have to change your channel from NBC if you want to see us talk. Prepare world. We mean it. Get new batteries in your remote.

Oh, GOP, please marry me!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #42
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
We're taking our mike and you can't play...three years from now. Take that, NBC/CNN. Prepare.

Hmmm? I'm not sure if the rest of you can see this played out, but this little move really marks the moment they lost the next election. They've decided to start closing the doors to the media, as they have to spectators at speeches. The GOP has bought itself months and months of ridicule, well deserved.

It indicates to me that it knows the only way to stay alive, is close the doors and not let outsiders know what it stands for. It's done selling it's product to broader markets. Guess the big tent party just wants those few blacks, gays, latinos, fereners, and the poor guy who happened to get in before the doors closed.

Warning lefties: in 3 years, you'll have to change your channel from NBC if you want to see us talk. Prepare world. We mean it. Get new batteries in your remote.

Oh, GOP, please marry me!
Let me get this straight, when the DNC refuses to play with Fox it is ok and the right thing to do. If the RNC gives the F U to CNN it is a death wish? lol how logical.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
This is why the far right can never win anything at the national level. The spend all their time demonizing and insulting and electorate that is becoming more diverse; and their only strategy is to control the state and bring back states rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
2010: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2010_...ry?id=12023076

Quote:
Candidates backed by the Tea Party scored major victories in Tuesday's mid-term elections even as some of its most high profile candidates suffered upsets.

From South Carolina to Wisconsin, candidates endorsed by Tea Party groups defeated Democrats in unlikely states.

Nikki Haley became the first woman and Indian-American governor in South Carolina.

One of the biggest Tea Party wins was in Wisconsin, where Republican businessman Ron Johnson defeated incumbent Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold.

Rand Paul, an ophthalmologist-turned-politician in Kentucky and one of the first major Tea Party candidates, defeated his opponent Democrat Jack Conway despite bitter campaigns that questioned his personal beliefs and ability to lead.
2012: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2084506.html

Quote:
Only four of the 16 Senate candidates endorsed by the Tea Party Express won on Tuesday, prompting some in the Republican Party to expect a battle over the party's future.

Tea Party Caucus founder Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), who last summer won the presidential Iowa straw poll and briefly led in national GOP presidential primary polls, barely squeaked out a reelection win against Democrat Jim Graves.
Strange, in just 3 years that's more "wins at the national level" than the 0 you're saying they'll ever have.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #44
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Let me get this straight, when the DNC refuses to play with Fox it is ok and the right thing to do. If the RNC gives the F U to CNN it is a death wish? lol how logical.
It is when you consider how many people they will isolate. The RNC gives the finger to CNN and NBC. Who do they have left besides Fox? The DNC gives the finger to Fox, who do they have left? CNN and NBC.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #45
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
It is when you consider how many people they will isolate. The RNC gives the finger to CNN and NBC. Who do they have left besides Fox? The DNC gives the finger to Fox, who do they have left? CNN and NBC.
Fox murders CNN in the ratings. NBC/ABC/CBS non-cable news kill everyone else. There is no need for the RNC to cater to CNN, MSNBC or any other cable news network.

They may have to play with the major ones due to their reach, but it must get very frustrating being on enemy territory 24-7. There is no impartial venue, but the DNC will ONLY play in their own backyard.

Also, lol @ people saying Republicans will never win another national election. 2010 just happened and GW won twice. Retards with short memories me thinks.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #46
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
That's more or less accurate.

1. Civil rights and common rights under the law. Why infringe upon marriage as a term is beyond me. Men and women are equal though defined differently. I don't get why gays get their panties in a bunch over the term marriage. It's rooted in religion and is a worthless war to wage.

So if you get married to a woman and you meet a gay couple who are also married, then that's a denigration of your own marriage?

2. Against finning, commercial long line fishing, deforestation, and the destruction of our eco-system. I simply can't side with the expansion of the EPA, continued infringement upon US companies with no regard to their international competitive capabilities, and regulations over what you and I do in our homes. Why some are fine cheering "let me do anything behind closed doors" regarding bedroom antics while welcoming government intrusion into what washing machine they use is beyond me... it's just a result of poorly pieced together political views. IF nations will come together and favor global minimum requirements around pollution, by all means. But don't spite our economy in the name of polar bears while developing nations (china and india) destroy the environment at levels we can't even imagine.

The EU maintains a pretty efficient car industry with the world's most stringent car emission standards. As such standards become defacto across markets, the US will be left behind if they don't get their head out of the sand here. You don't have to like it, but environmental standards are already vital in major markets.
There is more than one way to fish longlines - they can be hugely selective if done with care.
Finning I'm with you.
Deforestation is mainly about meat demand - a tricky subject to tackle.

3. Late term abortion is absolutely out of bounds and violates basic human life. There is no justification for it regardless of the father. If there is a medical issue in which the life of the mother is endangered, ok fine.. but to decide last minute to pull the plug on a baby that can live out of the womb, that's just malicious and evil. Other than that, as long as they're being performed with private sector funding and I'm not forcing others to pay for it, abort away.

Theocratic legislation in the US regarding abortion does not help women in the US - as with a lot of politics in the US you're either black or white on this issue, not much middle ground.

The above are far more moderate than the "far right"... and the fact that I'm being labeled as such by the others is nothing other than an attempt to minimize (via ridicule) those views. It's truly sad.

Thank you for your reasonable evaluation Evolved. You've always been more level headed and, in turn, more interesting to discuss/debate
My points in bold.

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #47
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie View Post
My points in bold.
Very reasonable points

The only one I would "retort" is the initial comment on gay marriage. It certainly wouldn't denigrate or minimize MY understanding of marriage if gay marriage became a nationwide norm. However, I can understand where religious individuals feel threatened and offended that a word largely rooted in "their subject" is being twisted to mean something other than what their "holy text" indicates. As such, I can side with them from the standpoint that "we need not change the definition of this specific word and force that new definition upon others".

Like I said, there is no harm from a legal standpoint labeling "gay marriage" a "civil union". It doesn't impact any legal issues and documents can (and already have been in many areas) be changed to indicate "single/married/domestic partnership".

So, in an effort to appease both sides, I take this middle ground and expect both sides to be able to bend a little on what is "their ideal".

Speaking of compromise, that hardly seems like a "far right" position... as are few of my other belief systems. It's just far easier to write someone off and call them crazy then it is to disprove their positions. Unfortunately there aren't many in this subforum who would like to actually conduct reasonable discourse like this

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote