E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #41
Swater330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 927
My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
A sad day for M3 lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I imagine that you probably weren't old enough to remember when E46's were new, but if you seriously think that a majority of the owners knew that it was called an E46, or that they were "enthusiasts" then you are off of your rocker.

The BMW community, both new models and older models, have plenty of enthusiasts across the board. We are most definitely NOT the majority of BMW owners. I'm just getting a kick out of your assumption that if one owns an 06+ BMW then one can't be an enthusiast.
I agree with what you say about the new e46 owners but now after 12 or so years these cars require special care and alot of the people on e4f are willing to do that special care. If you own a well maintained e46 it's a damn good chance you love the car and everything about the brand. I was old enough to know when the e46 was new but never looked into it or any new car because I had an old triumph that I drove/pushed home.

My post was misread because my point is 1 out of 15-20 e92 owners I've talked to in person loved and cared for the car for what it was. That number is substantially higher for e46 drivers that I've met in person. There are 4 on my own street that are enthusiasts and many more around the town I live in.

So no I do not think if you own an 06 or higher you automatically don't care, but it's a damn good chance statistically.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom323ci View Post
I am going to install M3 fender grill on my 323ci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandroxpgs View Post
Also check all electronical and transmission.
Swater330i is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #42
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Exactly why I had no reservations debadging my M. If someone appreciates the car then they'll know what it is.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #43
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater96 View Post

So no I do not think if you own an 06 or higher you automatically don't care, but it's a damn good chance based on my own assumptions.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Fixed.

Statistically is a strong word, but carry on.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #44
Swater330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 927
My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
A sad day for M3 lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Fixed.

Statistically is a strong word, but carry on.
Ball's in your court bud


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom323ci View Post
I am going to install M3 fender grill on my 323ci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandroxpgs View Post
Also check all electronical and transmission.
Swater330i is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #45
GuidoK
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 129
My Ride: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
How dare he not know his car's chassis code!
Chassis code is unimportant. The last 7 VIN digits....these are the ones you should know by heart.
__________________
E85 Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Custom Brembo BBK front/rear | Schrick cams | Schmiedmann headers/cats | Powerflex/strongflex/PSB PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers
GuidoK is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #46
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater96 View Post
Ball's in your court bud


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ok, based on the people that I know, only 06+ owners are the TRUE enthusiasts because I know a couple guys who maintain their cars better than the people who own E46's.


Do you see the point?
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #47
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 521
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater96 View Post
that's why I avoid conversation with people that drive something above 2006, because they aren't the enthusiasts that we are.
Yeah.
__________________

^c***s
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #48
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,896
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
If you want to see a high concentration of BMW enthusiasts, go to bmw2002faq.com.
VaderDave is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #49
Swater330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 927
My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i 5MT
A sad day for M3 lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Ok, based on the people that I know, only 06+ owners are the TRUE enthusiasts because I know a couple guys who maintain their cars better than the people who own E46's.


Do you see the point?
Why couldn't you say that in the first place?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom323ci View Post
I am going to install M3 fender grill on my 323ci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandroxpgs View Post
Also check all electronical and transmission.
Swater330i is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #50
Entropyyy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Valley stream NY
Posts: 208
My Ride: 03 325xi 5 speed
A sad day for M3 lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swater96 View Post
What if someone says e30 is the pinnacle of engineering. Or Ferrari for that matter. That doesn't make their opinion null and void. It's their opinion. Do you feel like you are above everyone else and can nullify whatever you choose? A pretentious asshoIe like you deserves to be in the seat of a newer Bmw and you just reinforce my original post because you're obviously nobody to talk to for reasonable objective discussion.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Lmfaooooo srsly *thumbsup*


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Entropyyy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use