E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
The solution to cardio problems, anti depressants and therapy sessions!

I hope my new found joy can also help you.

So about 2 weeks ago i unlocked the secret. It's perfect to clear my mind, help me get in amazing cardio sessions (cardio is something i despise with every ounce of passion i have, until now). It's like my therapist, my prescription, my fix, relaxation and it makes for an amazingly rewarding workout.

I'll be honest, the gym generally has all these same effects for me (minus the cardio), but after so much time in the same gym, at the same time, seeing the same people, lifting the same weights, i just need to change things up a bit.

Here is my solution:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1377305983820.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	523372

Name:	1377306001599.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	523373

Name:	1377306017308.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	523374

Name:	1377306033942.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	523375

Name:	1377306052534.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	523376

Name:	1377306073017.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	523377

Name:	1377306093317.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	523378

And a great way to end a great workout

Name:	1377306133442.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	523379

I was definitely working hard!

Name:	1377306172833.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	523380

I also really liked this one

Name:	1377306223053.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	523381

They're all saved snap chat shots, I'm not an amazing photographer, but you can get the point.

This is a local nature reserve about 20 minutes from my house. A year pass costs $25. There's one about 5 minutes from me that's free, but i like this one more. There's also some awesome cliffs and bluffs i didn't get any pictures of.

I get out here every Friday and Sunday after a 2+ hour power session at the gym (Sunday is usually just this place though). There's a great staircase that goes up on the side of a straight drop off cliff that i love running up and down. I like to do sprint/walk, brisk jogging, body weight exercises, and anything i can think of. After getting done out there i have such a rewarding, accomplished feeling i can't explain or get anywhere else.

Check google. If you have anything similar to this in your area, don't waste what you have, i highly recommend you get out there. Whether it's by yourself, with a friend, to walk or to run, just get out there. You won't regret it...

Last edited by Trashcan; 08-23-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Bro, are you ok?
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Trashcan

Re: The solution to cardio problems, anti depressants and therapy sessions!

I ran in between trees and through fields, dodged piles of horse poop, worked out outside and watched the sunset over the lake.

I enjoyed it and took some pictures....

Last edited by Trashcan; 08-23-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Trashcan

The post workout high from this is way better than lifting things in the gym.

I now realize, since the post workout high wore off, this may not have been thread worthy....
Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Actually, this is a great way to show people the possibilities of fitness. I am very similar to that respect. Everyone should get outdoors and enjoy nature while excelling in their fitness journey.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
Trashcan

Thanks. I thought this idea might help some people struggling with weight loss, because in places like this you don't generally see a lot of people, making it great for the self conscious type. Also a great change up for the person sick of the same sh!t different day. And the nature lover that forgot there's options like this hidden around everywhere.

Hopefully this was a reminder or eye opener that helped somebody. That's all i was attempting.

Remember you don't have to be confined to a gym with boring cement walks every day...
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
The solution to cardio problems, anti depressants and therapy sessions!

Everyone in here who has seen my threads knows that I had been lifting 5 days a week and doing 6-10 miles a day cardio training with my girlfriend. Can't agree more that the feeling when you're done and walking back to the car is on a different level than when you crushed it in the gym. I loved cross training like that all summer. It's good that you have a huge bulk already established, cause in my case I struggled to put weight on and grow my muscles because of how much I was running. I ran around a 3 mile pond, it was amazing. Glad you found this man. Too many people think the gym is the only place you can go to get a workout

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
I hear ya. My wife and I were out in Colorado stressing out about our houseplans getting denied by the homeowners association for the second month in a row. We went out for a long run in the mountains and ended up stopping in this shaded area in this valley and talking about what we were going to do with the house. Must have spent 45 minutes just talking about what we were going to do and came back feeling so much better. Definitely something therapeutic about being in the great outdoors....

Where in Wisconsin is that?
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #9
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
This is why I've been Mountain biking and Hiking obsessively for the last decade. The serenity and solitude does wonders for the mind (not to mention the sheer joy of riding a bike)

Got up early for a quick ride before work last week, and got to watch the sunrise

Saturday morning

Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
This is why I've been Mountain biking and Hiking obsessively for the last decade. The serenity and solitude does wonders for the mind (not to mention the sheer joy of riding a bike)

Got up early for a quick ride before work last week, and got to watch the sunrise

Saturday morning

That looks perfect! I've been considering trying mountain biking for a while. I also would love to get into kayaking a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
I hear ya. My wife and I were out in Colorado stressing out about our houseplans getting denied by the homeowners association for the second month in a row. We went out for a long run in the mountains and ended up stopping in this shaded area in this valley and talking about what we were going to do with the house. Must have spent 45 minutes just talking about what we were going to do and came back feeling so much better. Definitely something therapeutic about being in the great outdoors....

Where in Wisconsin is that?
Lay your left hand on a table. If your hand was the state, it's where your thumb joins your hand. The northeastern section just outside appleton
Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I ran in between trees and through fields, dodged piles of horse poop, worked out outside and watched the sunset over the lake.

I enjoyed it and took some pictures....
you're rudy the rabbit!

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote