E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #81
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williamsburg VA
Posts: 4,887
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
F that...have you even read this thread?
What's wrong with it? Besides two inconclusive articles that have been posted.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 09-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #82
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 491
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
What's wrong with it? Besides two inconclusive articles that have been posted.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #83
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williamsburg VA
Posts: 4,887
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I have. A bunch of gibberish and 'busa complaining.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #84
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Here
Posts: 491
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
What's wrong with it? Besides two inconclusive articles that have been posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I have. A bunch of gibberish and 'busa complaining.
Answered your own question
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #85
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,011
My Ride: GLK350,ML63
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
I have. A bunch of gibberish and 'busa complaining.
'busa complaining?!?!?!?!?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #86
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williamsburg VA
Posts: 4,887
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Answered your own question
Wasn't sure if you were being serious up above.

This is how threads typically turn out anyway. Nothing apart from the norm.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 09-01-2013 at 10:46 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #87
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,466
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Huh?!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
What would 'busa have done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I would love to hear what Busa would have done
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I'd like to know how Busa would handle this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
What are we to do?
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #88
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Funny, AOG hasn't posted back since it was shown that his homeboy was invited. And where is that little **** Chase?
its a holiday weekend dude, I have a life.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #89
ti317
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 581
My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post

You're the one who insulted gays when you assumed I was one.
T
You're right. I apologize to any gay people I may have offended.
__________________
Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
ti317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #90
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 98
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
[QUOTE=Act of God;15673990]
Also, who gives a crap about this anyway? [QUOTE]
Obviously not the GOP, and they wonder why they get single-digit black voter support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Half of it was pro DNC speeches ...
Perhaps it is because the DNC is promulgating policies far more amicable to Dr. King's vision and the interests of black people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
None of those people are going to change their minds and suddenly not vote Democrat because someone appeared there. Be realistic, Lyndon B. Johnson made sure that black people would vote democrat for "200 years".
Of course not, a silly supposition. However, not to even make that initial goodwill and polite effort will continue to consign the GOP to single-digit black voter percentages. It will take much more than showing up at a few anniversary events to earn the respect, insterest and eventually, the votes of black voters.

The GOP seems to be guarenteeing that black people will NOT vote Republican for "200 years." That might be a demographic hit their willing to stomach -- 15% of the electorate -- if it weren't for the fact that the Latino electorate -- 18% and growing, fast -- is hardly any more amicable to the GOP, nevermind various other demographic elements that are trending relentlessly away from the GOP.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #91
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,466
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Of course not, a silly supposition. However, not to even make that initial goodwill and polite effort will continue to consign the GOP to single-digit black voter percentages. It will take much more than showing up at a few anniversary events to earn the respect, insterest and eventually, the votes of black voters.

The GOP seems to be guarenteeing that black people will NOT vote Republican for "200 years." That might be a demographic hit their willing to stomach -- 15% of the electorate -- if it weren't for the fact that the Latino electorate -- 18% and growing, fast -- is hardly any more amicable to the GOP, nevermind various other demographic elements that are trending relentlessly away from the GOP.
You mean to say that constantly telling black people to stop complaining and pull themselves up by their bootstraps is not going to win over votes?! If showing up to an event like this won't yield immediate results, why try at all?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
What would 'busa have done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I would love to hear what Busa would have done
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I'd like to know how Busa would handle this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
What are we to do?
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #92
Act of God
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 333
My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post

Perhaps it is because the DNC is promulgating policies far more amicable to Dr. King's vision and the interests of black people.
Actually they are making things worse, it is just that the bs is wrapped up like a present.
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #93
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Downtown
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Actually they are making things worse, it is just that the bs is wrapped up like a present.*
*According to white conservatives.
__________________

Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #94
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Smyrna
Posts: 127
My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
*According to white conservatives.
So if white conservatives declare Boxsters to be cool cars, does that render the statement incorrect?
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use