E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #21
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
3 total places to squat (basically buy 2 set of squat stands to supplement you rack) - $400
3 total places to do olympic lifts (Plywood with Stall mats) $200
3 barbells (AF Team Barbell) $600
12 45lb bumpers - $1,200 for all bumpers
12 25lb bumpers
12 10lb bumpers
Same as above in Iron + 5s and 2.5s - $500 for all iron from CL
Weight Trees - $100
2 18lb KB - $600 for all KB
4 36lb KB
4 53lb KB
2 70lb KB
1 10lb Slamball - $200 for all slamballs
2 20lb Slamballs
2 30lb Slamballs
No benches. They can floor press if you really want to bench.
3 sets of rings - $200
3 ab mats - $50
3 medicine balls - Make them
3 plyo boxes (3 sided with 20", 24" and 30") - $100 - make them
Gym Clock (Clock gone bad) - $120
3 airdynes from craigslist (try to get ones that look the same at least) - $400
PVC - $30
Pull up bands - $50
3 pullup bars - $300

Have a library with books that members can check out and take home. Starting Strength, Greg Everett's Olympic Book, Paleo Cookbooks, Becoming a Supple Leopard - $100

I would get a friend with a solid truck and make a road trip some weekend to somewhere you can buy all this in person. You'll save at least $1,000 in shipping.

Total cost is probably - $5,000 or so. you have some of the stuff already and you dont need it all at first. Basically this would set you up to run up to 6 person classes (3 doing wod at a time, some sharing stuff for strength).
This is why I love you lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Free Saturday class is good and maybe do something at the park once a month. Monthly fee is best. $75 for twice a week, $95 for 3 times a week and $110 for unlimited. Or you can sell 10 visit punchcards for $125.

Big white boards to track progress with certain benchmarks for all members.
This is what I think needs some more thought. I don't know if I could get people at this rate in my garage. I was thinking maybe $70 for unlimited but I am also worried I'll over shoot and wont have enough room once people sign up. I'm thinking I can talk to my job and make it so I can get home by 5:30 so I can have a class that starts at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30. This will give me room for having 12-18 members or so. I guess once I know how many people I have I can cap membership or work something out.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
This is why I love you lol.



This is what I think needs some more thought. I don't know if I could get people at this rate in my garage. I was thinking maybe $70 for unlimited but I am also worried I'll over shoot and wont have enough room once people sign up. I'm thinking I can talk to my job and make it so I can get home by 5:30 so I can have a class that starts at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30. This will give me room for having 12-18 members or so. I guess once I know how many people I have I can cap membership or work something out.
You can always adjust or run specials. dont price yourself too low just to get people in there. I'd rather have 4 people all paying $120 a month than 6 people paying $80. If you price it too low you set the precedent that you'd not providing much value and you'll have a hard time raising prices if you ever decide to move into a dedicated space. I dont think you need 3 classes in the evening. I would run a 6:00 and a 7:00 and possibly a morning class.

Last edited by Glight; 09-05-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #23
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
You can always adjust or run specials. dont price yourself too low just to get people in there. I'd rather have 4 people all paying $120 a month than 6 people paying $80. If you price it too low you set the precedent that you'd not providing much value and you'll have a hard time raising prices if you ever decide to move into a dedicated space. I dont think you need 3 classes in the evening. I would run a 6:00 and a 7:00 and possibly a morning class.
That is true. You know better than I do with this stuff. I think once I fix the garage up and make it look like an actual cf facility I will feel better charging that much. I can't do morning because of my roommates. Banging around at 6am when people are sleeping isn't going to work lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Glad to see you pushing ahead with this....wish you the best of luck.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #25
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Glad to see you pushing ahead with this....wish you the best of luck.
thanks man.

I will probably have a lot more questions for the forum coming up.

Do I start a business first and then purchase equipment to write off or can I do this under my regular accounts?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #26
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Re: Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
thanks man.

I will probably have a lot more questions for the forum coming up.

Do I start a business first and then purchase equipment to write off or can I do this under my regular accounts?
I would start a business first. An llc or s corp is what you want most likely.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #27
fugarza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 20
My Ride: 330i, R6
You also need insurance that will cover rhabdo. You don't want to lose your house over some idiot who doesn't know his limits.
__________________
He's so Haole he doesn't even know he's Haole.
fugarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Thanks guys. Do I have to talk to a lawyer to get that stuff done? And I'll probably be talking to that guy Vaughn you referred me too soon.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #29
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Re: Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks guys. Do I have to talk to a lawyer to get that stuff done? And I'll probably be talking to that guy Vaughn you referred me too soon.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
You could probably fill out the forms and do it yourself. When we founded spun we hired an attorney to do it all. It's someone that jad referred me work at my real job and I owed her a favor so we just bit the bullet and paid her the $1,500 to make sure we did it right.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #30
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
You could probably fill out the forms and do it yourself. When we founded spun we hired an attorney to do it all. It's someone that jad referred me work at my real job and I owed her a favor so we just bit the bullet and paid her the $1,500 to make sure we did it right.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Oh man I really don't want to spend that much but I know it's important. Is this what a lot of other boxes do?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #31
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Re: Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Oh man I really don't want to spend that much but I know it's important. Is this what a lot of other boxes do?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Probably not this much. She's pretty high end typically, $400+ an hour. Like I said, I owed her some work because of my real job. You could probably get it done for $500 if you don't want to do it yourself

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Probably not this much. She's pretty high end typically, $400+ an hour. Like I said, I owed her some work because of my real job. You could probably get it done for $500 if you don't want to do it yourself

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
That's much better. Does that site legal zoom do it. I thought I heard they do. And what do I use for a company name at this point. I want crossfit Newburgh eventually but I can't call the company that if I'm not affiliated.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #33
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Re: Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
That's much better. Does that site legal zoom do it. I thought I heard they do. And what do I use for a company name at this point. I want crossfit Newburgh eventually but I can't call the company that if I'm not affiliated.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Call it stronger u, llc and then when you become an affiliate you will do a dba (fping business as) crossfit Newburgh.

Legalzoom should have it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Call it stronger u, llc and then when you become an affiliate you will do a dba (fping business as) crossfit Newburgh.

Legalzoom should have it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app
Thank you. Ill check it out tomorrow. I appreciate all the help man. Btw the shirt fits really good


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #35
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Just went on legal zoom. Not sure if this is right or not. Seemed super easy.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1378437088.766855.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	525310


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #36
Glight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
My Ride: 2003 325i
Re: Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Just went on legal zoom. Not sure if this is right or not. Seemed super easy.
Attachment 525310


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
It should be pretty easy. May want to get set up with a good accountant as soon as possible to make sure everything is legit and they should be able to give you some good ideas about how to properly tax plan. For example your nasm dues are a write off, a portion of your housing expenses are a write off etc.

There are some odd tax rules that give you an advantage based on when you buy stuff for bonus depreciation.

Affiliate solutions is an accounting place in North Carolina that specializes in accounting for crossfit affiliates.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #37
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
It should be pretty easy. May want to get set up with a good accountant as soon as possible to make sure everything is legit and they should be able to give you some good ideas about how to properly tax plan. For example your nasm dues are a write off, a portion of your housing expenses are a write off etc.

There are some odd tax rules that give you an advantage based on when you buy stuff for bonus depreciation.

Affiliate solutions is an accounting place in North Carolina that specializes in accounting for crossfit affiliates.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ok cool. I have a bunch of accountant friends. I hope they can help.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #38
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Seriously thinking of starting a CrossFit affiliate

Playing around on rogue fitness
I will still need 3-4 barbells $900
2 squat stands $250.
Not too bad though.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1379706834.311839.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	527396

Hmmm financing? I wonder how this works
https://www.leaseprocess.com/reps/richardw/vendors/rf/




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by DylloS; 09-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #39
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Setup LLC on legalzoom, it's pretty easy. You'll need to have some forms ready for people training, take their consent, and with insurance you should be covered.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #40
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Setup LLC on legalzoom, it's pretty easy. You'll need to have some forms ready for people training, take their consent, and with insurance you should be covered.
go scope out the Again Faster facility in Boston for me. I love Rogue's stuff and shipping is only about 400 on all this so I probably wont even bother driving to Boston to pick stuff up.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use