E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #41
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
I took a quick vid so here it is. there is a lot of rasp while driving. not sure if it's a good sounding rasp when the pipes are close. its kind of sounds like there are pins and needles in my muffler. i need to get something for section one now i can't decide. So far I picked out 3 rasp pipes/terminators; the rouge one, SGT, this one but it seems really pricy and it quiets down your exhaust so who would like that http://www.vacmotorsports.com/catalo...-section-1.htm and this http://www.************************/...idproduct=1486 . i really like the last one because the price is reasonable and it has a crossover. is there any other rasp pipes/reasonators/terminators on the market that i am overlooking? i know there are the AR-20 and AR-25 but i want to get rid of the stock pipes completely

EDIT: the link wont work for some reason, it looks like this forum is censoring it but this is what the pipes look like
[IMG]http://www.************************/productcart/pc/catalog/rtx(s)_303_detail.jpg[/IMG]
They are Custom Performance Innovations
WTF what ever click here they are the first one in google images

Last edited by XKR; 09-27-2013 at 07:30 PM.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #42
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
Muffler delete w/ catless headers

Sounds just like mine with the cutout open! Lol
All rasp pipes are the same thing. Just the name changes. Any rasp pipe will not only remove most rasp but tone down the noise a little.

I love my SGT rasp pipe. It's amazing quality,doesn't cost much, and it's by far the best priced rasp pipe.

Last night I left my cutout open and forgot about it. This morning I turned the car on and nearly scared the crap out of myself lol I'll be adding an active autowerke exhaust next week so I can tone down the noise compared to my topspeed (trying to make the DB limit at the track)

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #43
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3

Link worked for me?

ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #44
XKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANREC330 View Post
Sounds just like mine with the cutout open! Lol
All rasp pipes are the same thing. Just the name changes. Any rasp pipe will not only remove most rasp but tone down the noise a little.

I love my SGT rasp pipe. It's amazing quality,doesn't cost much, and it's by far the best priced rasp pipe.

Last night I left my cutout open and forgot about it. This morning I turned the car on and nearly scared the crap out of myself lol I'll be adding an active autowerke exhaust next week so I can tone down the noise compared to my topspeed (trying to make the DB limit at the track)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANREC330 View Post
Link worked for me?

it shows as all *********** on my screen (shrug)
lol yeah i like the fact that my custom exhaust isn't that loud so i could do something with the intake and hear some of that awesome induction noise or maybe supercharge it and hear some of that noise. from my research the rasp terminators remove a lot more i think not sure i think it depends on your setup. im dying to hear the AA muffler, they sound pretty good. looks like it's time to hit up some of my family members for an "early christmas present" so i could finally finish my exhaust and stop spending so much cash on it haha
Old 09-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #45
atrak

My Ride: 01' em three
for short jaunts I could handle the awesomeness of it. but in general i've yet to find a good sounding s54. .
atrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #46
XKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrak View Post
for short jaunts I could handle the awesomeness of it. but in general i've yet to find a good sounding s54. .
yep same here. I'm looking to buy a rasp pipe as we speak so hopefully this will be a great sounding exhaust set up i have going here. I have a budget of around 450 bucks so I may get the CPI rasp terminator w/ a crossover.

everyone, im open for suggestions on rasp pipes so please share your ideas

edit: actually no I was wrong. The bimmerworld exhaust sounds the best but it's the ugliest since it's just a single exhaust (google one and you'll see what I mean.) it looks good if you have the defuser that goes along with it but who has a thousand bucks for a rear defuser

Last edited by XKR; 09-30-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #47
XKR

Just an update, I ordered the CPI RTX. hopefully it'll get here soon. the rasp is killing me so i decided to show you how annoying it is lol. also got a new mic so just wanted to test it out. audio is kinda low so turn up your volume. skip to 2:30 for the open EVC if you want it sounds amazing with this new mic. im posting a vid of my exhaust with this new mic as well.

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Straight Pipe Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Multi Color AE | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Smoked LED Corners | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 3k HID| Painted Reflectors
Old 10-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #48
XKR

My final exhaust mod. can't wait to get it installed!! I might get a different muffler though, not sure yet Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382149439.288569.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	531340Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382149452.775395.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	531341Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382149463.505606.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	531342

CPI RTX

SGT catless headers

Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Multi Color AE | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Smoked LED Corners | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 3k HID| Painted Reflectors
Old 10-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #49
Jimmy_46

My Ride: bmw e46 m3
Re: Muffler delete w/ catless headers

Would you recommend getting the rogue section 2?

Old 10-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #50
BlazingWildBill

My Ride: Ferg 328Ci

I'm doing a muffler delete tomorrow, stock headers. I have a 328Ci
Old 10-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #51
XKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_46 View Post
Would you recommend getting the rogue section 2?

to be honest, I liked the sound a little bit better with the stock section 2 but then again the EVC valve is the best thing ever. it adds a bit more rasp but maybe if you get it resonated it will be better. it might be better once I get these rasp pipes in. most xpipes are the same so if the EVC isn't important, save the money and get the SGT one since it's cheaper and probably same quality. I'll update you guys on how it is with the rasp terminator.

SGT catless headers

Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
XKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingWildBill View Post
I'm doing a muffler delete tomorrow, stock headers. I have a 328Ci
I heard it sounds pretty great with everything else stock and it ain't that obnoxiously loud like it is with the m3. let me know how it goes!

SGT catless headers

Old 10-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
BlazingWildBill

My Ride: Ferg 328Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
I heard it sounds pretty great with everything else stock and it ain't that obnoxiously loud like it is with the m3. let me know how it goes!

Definitely will! I'm taking some sound clips of before/after as well. Replacing camshaft intake ps today as well as voltage regulator so I won't get around to it until Sunday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #54
Jimmy_46

Quote:
to be honest, I liked the sound a little bit better with the stock section 2 but then again the EVC valve is the best thing ever. it adds a bit more rasp but maybe if you get it resonated it will be better. it might be better once I get these rasp pipes in. most xpipes are the same so if the EVC isn't important, save the money and get the SGT one since it's cheaper and probably same quality. I'll update you guys on how it is with the rasp terminator.

Yea I have a supersprint lw race muffler ATM, I'm contemplating either another supersprint or this rogue one

Old 10-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #55
XKR

Quote:
Yea I have a supersprint lw race muffler ATM, I'm contemplating either another supersprint or this rogue one

you can't go wrong with either. do you have any mods to section 1 or headers? still look into this x pipe, it would've been my 1st choice if it had an EVC option. http://www.statusgruppe.com/products/e46-m3-x-pipe i kind of which i got mine resonated

------

This sounds really good cold but not so great when I'm driving so i really hope this RTX will save me
Watch in HQ it's worth it

SGT catless headers

Last edited by XKR; 10-19-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #56
Jimmy_46

Quote:
you can't go wrong with either. do you have any mods to section 1 or headers? still look into this x pipe, it would've been my 1st choice if it had an EVC option. http://www.statusgruppe.com/products/e46-m3-x-pipe i kind of which i got mine resonated

------

This sounds really good cold but not so great when I'm driving so i really hope this RTX will save me
Watch in HQ it's worth it
nah all stock except for muffler, my car has the euro headers though. I think id rather go with the rogue instead of SGT. heard a few bad things about SGT fitment, plus it probably not as good as rogue
Jimmy_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #57
XKR

Quote:
nah all stock except for muffler, my car has the euro headers though. I think id rather go with the rogue instead of SGT. heard a few bad things about SGT fitment, plus it probably not as good as rogue
yea my headers from them were cracked. not sure if it came like that or who ever installed it didn't torque the bolts correctly. but they offered to make good for it. I think who ever installed my x pipe said it went in pretty good without problems. I suppose it boils down to if you wan't the EVC or not. I highly recommend it though. It's also easy if you wire it your self.

SGT catless headers

Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #58
Jimmy_46

Yea I want the evc can you get a resonatored version of your Orr do you have to buy it separate

Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #59
XKR

Quote:
Yea I want the evc can you get a resonatored version of your Orr do you have to buy it separate

I always though the Rouge ones did but I couldn't find any. I know the supersprint one does but I think the resonator just quiets the sound and has nothing to do with the rasp. I suppose you can have a muffler shop do an evc mod but that would be very expensive I can assume. I know the rouge resonators do a good job on section one but im dying to find out how the CPI rasp terminator hold up!! It's getting installed monday

SGT catless headers

Old 10-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #60
Jimmy_46

OK cool keep us updated dying to hear it

Last edited by Jimmy_46; 10-19-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Jimmy_46 is offline   Reply With Quote