E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #481
Luv of Speed

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv of Speed View Post
Yes Wolf, I have the GM5150 and used this to address the launch.exe error. The error has not recurred and it solved a problem I was having with the clock. I'll keep rechecking the clock to make sure it is still functioning appropriately.
I was wrong. My clock still doesn't work. It doesn't matter if I'm sync'ing with GPS or not. The clock does whatever it wants and is always wayyyy off, not just time zone.
Luv of Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #482
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
Hey Luv,

Don't I remember reading someone posting something about "Initializing" the GPS and that sorting out all the clock issues?

Here is what I copied from that post:

"CLOCK: after I did an "Initialize" in the Settings I am able set the clock without sync and in 24 hr mode and it now keeps time with the car off. If I try the am pm clock it will stay in whichever one I set . The time will be correct but it always says am or pm......... However the clock still stops if I use sync mode"

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #483
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
Hey Luv,

Don't I remember reading someone posting something about "Initializing" the GPS and that sorting out all the clock issues?

"CLOCK: after I did an "Initialize" in the Settings I am able set the clock without sync and in 24 hr mode and it now keeps time with the car off. If I try the am pm clock it will stay in whichever one I set . The time will be correct but it always says am or pm......... However the clock still stops if I use sync mode"

Mike
Correct. But that applies to old D5150. I don't know if new version has "initialize" option under the settings. One thing though: clock will be back to old I'll-show-whatever-time-I-want state every time the unit looses power at yellow wire (constant +12V), for example if you disconnect battery, or remove fuse, or whatever...so you'll have to "initialize" the unit again.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #484
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
If the clock won't keep correct time. Set to GPS Sync and the correct time zone, mine is GMT-07. Works perfect on my GM5150.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Time_Zone

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 03-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #485
Luv of Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by semcoinc View Post
Hey Luv,

Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll see if initializing it works. I used the system initialization as well as the GPS reset. We'll see if the clock holds time in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Correct. But that applies to old D5150. I don't know if new version has "initialize" option under the settings. One thing though: clock will be back to old I'll-show-whatever-time-I-want state every time the unit looses power at yellow wire (constant +12V), for example if you disconnect battery, or remove fuse, or whatever...so you'll have to "initialize" the unit again.
It hasn't lost power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
If the clock won't keep correct time. Set to GPS Sync and the correct time zone, mine is GMT-07. Works perfect on my GM5150.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Time_Zone
I have tried this, many times. I'm EST which is GMT-05. Even with sync the clock is way off.

On a separate point, someone in a previous post stated the icons on the main menu were movable just like on the D5150. I'm able to scroll on the right sided menu but not change the order. I tried pressing and holding the icon for a few seconds but still no luck. Is everyone else with a GM5150 able to do this?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM   #486
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
My icons are moveable. Press and hold for a few seconds then slowly drag them to the desired location. It's a bit tricky but it does work.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #487
maxfury929

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3 Coupe
Send a message via Skype™ to maxfury929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunzio View Post
It's still the same as before. Going to the home page for any settings and selection of the input I.E. Radio, SD, DVD etc.

I like that everything is on one page now. Oh and you can still move the icons where you want them too.
Oh....didn't really play with it the first day. Saw the scroll thing on the home page.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-05-2014, 04:19 AM   #488
kasinaj

Does anyone know if this is normal with the key in the OFF position? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1394014702.000455.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	548718

kasinaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #489
Luv of Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasinaj View Post
Does anyone know if this is normal with the key in the OFF position?
Is it still hot (+12V) once you take out the key and open the door?

If it's still +12V something is wrong
If not then it should be ok
Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #490
kasinaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv of Speed View Post
Is it still hot (+12V) once you take out the key and open the door?

If it's still +12V something is wrong

If not then it should be ok

Yup, +12V at all times. I don't have it hooked up to anything. I don't have even have a power antenna.

kasinaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #491
semcoinc

I believe the factory wiring, at least from the Fakra schematic I saw from Wolf suggests that there is a +12v ALL THE TIME in the wiring for the head unit. This must be some kind of keep alive circuit to hold clock and settings and such.

Just an educated hypothesis from the circuit diagram of the E46 FAKRA wiring connection.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
Old 03-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #492
Nunzio

My Ride: E46 M3
I don't think this is for that purpose, the original wire harness has the power for the clock and settings already there.

I hooked that to my antenna adapter that has a noise suppressor in line with the coax. Should I not have?
Nunzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #493
daki_bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasinaj View Post
Does anyone know if this is normal with the key in the OFF position?
I can tell you, and that is 100% correct info, I've checked it myself, that +12V out at ANT OUT wire is present only with the unit on - on the old "bubble style UI" unit. It doesn't matter if the unit is in radio mode, or any other mode. But, if the unit is off, even if the key is to on position ANT OUT - 0V. If the key is to off position, of course, - ANT OUT - 0V. So, it might be like you showed on newer units, but I don't think it's normal. Power consumption with the unit off and with the key off is around 24-25 mA (clock, memory, etc.) The only "live" wire in this case is yellow wire (+12V), and it is TO a unit, there should be no OUT "live" wires with the unit off + key off.

Last edited by daki_bmw; 03-05-2014 at 03:37 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #494
semcoinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
I can tell you, and that is 100% correct info, I've checked it myself, that +12V out at ANT OUT wire is present only with the unit on - on the old "bubble style UI" unit. It doesn't matter if the unit is in radio mode, or any other mode. But, if the unit is off, even if the key is to on position ANT OUT - 0V. If the key is to off position, of course, - ANT OUT - 0V. So, it might be like you showed on newer units, but I don't think it's normal. Power consumption with the unit off and with the key off is around 24-25 mA (clock, memory, etc.) The only "live" wire in this case is yellow wire (+12V), and it is TO a unit, there should be no OUT "live" wires with the unit off + key off.
Does this suggest a board defect of some sort in the Eonon unit? What else could cause this?

Should we recent purchasers be checking our units for +12V on the Ant Out wire with key completely out?

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #495
lol123

My Ride: e46 320D
hello, i am searching the forum but i cant find the solution for my problem, i am trying to put igo on my D5150 but no results, i downloaded many igos, but all stay at the select path window nothing installs, can someone please send me a link to the correct igo version or a tutorial, how to install this. I apologize if i missed a post about this, but i just cant find a solution to my problem.
thank you so much for your help
lol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #496
lol123

My Ride: e46 320D
hello, i am searching the forum but i cant find the solution for my problem, i am trying to put igo on my D5150 but no results, i downloaded many igos, but all stay at the select path window nothing installs, can someone please send me a link to the correct igo version or a tutorial, how to install this. I apologize if i missed a post about this, but i just cant find a solution to my problem.
lol123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #497
daki_bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol123 View Post
Hello neighbour, have you selected the path as per this instruction:

Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #498
Nunzio

My Ride: E46 M3
Iphone stopped working as an ipod

The weirdest thing just happened, my iPhone 5 just stopped working as an iPod and it no longer charges. I even pulled the fuses to power it down and re-installed the upgraded firmware with no help.

My phone gives me this warning "This device is not recognized by this iPhone"
Nunzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #499
Rezist09

My Ride: 325i sedan
where to downlolad the free gps
Rezist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #500
alanol

My Ride: 2001 M3
Absolutely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKnid View Post
WOLFN8TR,
Just bought my first BMW in April, and have been lurking this forum for help with DIY maintenance, mods, stereo upgrades, etc. Was content to just lurk, but after reading this post, I had to register just to say: YOU SIR, ARE AWESOME! Was thinking about getting the D5150 this month and this will be a big help. Thanks.
Well said and I agree wholeheartedly!
alanol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, bluetooth, business unit, navigation