E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #541
semcoinc

My Ride: 330Xi/335Xi/E53-X5
You must connect a wire from the head unit's harness to +12V when headlights/parking lights are turned on for auto dimming to work.

Silly me forgot to do this so I must use the home screen sun and moon levels of dimming. The dash/vent tear out was so traumatizing to me that I am not going back in there to find the wire and make the connection.

I did, however, drag all the RCA plugs to an area accessible by the glove box and ran most every needed RCA plug (sub, Aux Video In, etc.) to the trunk that I could think of.

Mike

Mike C.
DFW/ATW
E46/330Xi, E90/335Xi, E53/X5 4.4i
semcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #542
kasinaj

Has anyone else experienced battery drain at all. I have 12V+ on the blue antenna wire no matter what the key position is. The voltage is there even with the key OUT of the ignition. My only fix for this now is to pull both fuses for the radio, 7 & 41, when the car will be sitting for more than 2 days.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
kasinaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #543
Nanumee

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330ci
These might seem like the dumbest questions on earth to everyone.

But I am upgrading my OEM Navigation to the D5150 next week that I purchased off of a member here used. I already ordered the 40 pin harness from eonon as well. I also ordered the iSimple Aux output, and the Metra 44-EC6R Right Angle Antenna Extension. The install seems pretty straight forward from what I am reading.

Now here is where I get confused. I found videos on removing interior parts to my coupe that includes the back seat and rear quarter panel. Everything looks completely straight forward. But I can't seem to find any video tutorials on how to remove the driver side door sill and the area around the hood latch release and truck release (Have no idea what that area is called tbh). Can someone direct me to some tutorials on how to do that? I would rather not have to remove the drivers seat. I am leery about doing that, because I am not sure, as a female, if I have the strength to move it in and out myself. Other items, I don't really mind.

Outside of these questions, and I may have missed it in the 28 pages I have been repeatedly reading here. With the harness, I just plug and play, or is there anything else I need to be aware of when swapping from OEM Nav to this?

2008 335I | 2004 330CI
Nanumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #544
Nanumee

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330ci
These might seem like the dumbest questions on earth to everyone.

But I am upgrading my OEM Navigation to the D5150 next week that I purchased off of a member here used. I already ordered the 40 pin harness from eonon as well. I also ordered the iSimple Aux output, and the Metra 44-EC6R Right Angle Antenna Extension. The install seems pretty straight forward from what I am reading.

Now here is where I get confused. I found videos on removing interior parts to my coupe that includes the back seat and rear quarter panel. Everything looks completely straight forward. But I can't seem to find any video tutorials on how to remove the driver side door sill and the area around the hood latch release and truck release (Have no idea what that area is called tbh). Can someone direct me to some tutorials on how to do that? I would rather not have to remove the drivers seat. I am leery about doing that, because I am not sure, as a female, if I have the strength to move it in and out myself. Other items, I don't really mind.

Outside of these questions, and I may have missed it in the 28 pages I have been repeatedly reading here. With the harness, I just plug and play, or is there anything else I need to be aware of when swapping from OEM Nav to this?

2008 335I | 2004 330CI
Nanumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #545
jimmy111

Not 100% sure but if it's the same as the passenger side. There should be a few plastic rivets or screws. This will take out the plastic around the hood latch. You may need to remove the plastic cover that goes from under the steering wheel to above your feet. And that's a few screws again. IIRC they are Phillips heads.

For removing the door sill I got a long thin but sturdy flat head screwdriver and some bubble wrap. Used the bubble wrap around screwdriver to prevent scratching. And you slip the screwdriver under the plastic sill from outside the car. And lift up. It's held in just like the wood trim on the dashboard.

The furthest back part of the sill may be held in by glue at the top. And another rivet down the bottom. I just cut the glue away. If you do that when putting back together bend the sill back into position and glue it back. Otherwise can cause the most annoying vibration in the world

You don't need to remove the drivers seat at all. I slipped the wires down the side of the door sill where the other car wiring looms are.

I didn't have nav so not certain. But I just removed the cd player, amp, and something else before plugging in the harness and it worked straight away

Last edited by jimmy111; 07-24-2014 at 05:40 PM.
jimmy111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #546
Nazareth

My Ride: BMW E46 330d M 03'
Hi guys,

I bought a D5150. It's good so far so good. Poor radio reception but I guess that can't be improved.

Can anyone here give me instructions onhow to get Igo 8 running on the unit.

I am in the UK so any advice on how to add those maps would be helpful as well as any links.

This forum is great and all the posts (I did manage to read most) are soooooo helpful.

Thanks in advance,

N
Nazareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #547
Xarmius

My Ride: 2k5 330I
I installed a d5150 that i got here recently to upgrade from my factory nav with hk and I was wondering would i be able to remove the old wiring harness. I would hate to remove it then I lose sound through all my speakers.
Xarmius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #548
MattVa

My Ride: 325ci 330ci
My take...

Nice unit overall.

Pros:
OEM Look
Touch screen sensitivity is good
Good Functions and Features
Bluetooth works well
Price
LED color is pretty bang on
Programmable canbus controls
Runs IGo 8 Nicely
Easy install (Non Fact Nav)

Cons:
(Eonon Should address)
Bit scratchy on the radio reception.
Phonebook import is wacky and unorganized, appears to be from call log?
Needs larger display for the RDS info
Needs a real 7 or 9 band EQ
Line input controls,to adjust manually or auto adjust for different devices.
Screen glare is nearly a deal breaker during the day.
Had to trim the inside of my top trim so it didn't bow the cd slot. (Saw this in many photos of installs)

Notes:
I installed my GPS ant in the headliner at edge of windshield, works fine good signal.
External Mic needed an extension
Found it easier to reach in and pull the bottom up and in to engage lower clips, opened them up a little for better engagement.
Had a few issues with older burned MP3 disks, not their issue, plays newer burned disks ok.

Overall a good value, the hardware seems to be solid. Hopefully they continue to update the Firmware or Make software updates available.
95 Mustang Cobra Dart 363 18psi Vortech
99 Corvette FRC
01 Superformance Cobra
Ultima Can-Am 355 G50/50 Yellow
Ultima Can-Am 350 G50/50 Orange
MattVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #549
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Hi Matt, thanks a lot for your review, glad to hear you like our unit!
For the phonebook issue, you can try to disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect it to have a try. And pls kindly tell us your phone model, thanks!

For the screen glare, you can get an anti-glare film on the screen to avoid the glare.

Thanks a lot for your other advice. But Iím not quite sure what does this mean:ĒLine input controls,to adjust manually or auto adjust for different devices.ĒCould you pls kindly explain? Thanks a lot!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #550
jmb

My Ride: an old wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattVa View Post
Overall a good value, the hardware seems to be solid. Hopefully they continue to update the Firmware or Make software updates available.
EononCarDVD , are there software updates available for the unit that will fix some of the bugs it shipped with?
jmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #551
kasinaj

Thank you very much to Carlos and the Eonon team for helping me resolve my battery drain issue. Very great support and help. Thank you once again!

Old 08-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #552
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
EononCarDVD , are there software updates available for the unit that will fix some of the bugs it shipped with?
I need to know as well!
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #553
kasinaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo43 View Post
I need to know as well!

Is your "General" setting spelled "Genernal"?

Old 08-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #554
kasinaj

If so the links for the firmware are just after all the videos in post #1 from WOLFN8TR

Old 08-23-2014, 11:58 PM   #555
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasinaj View Post
If so the links for the firmware are just after all the videos in post #1 from WOLFN8TR

I don't see General Settings, on mine it only shows "Settings"

I think I got my unit in Jun 2013 and never upgraded firmware, the wrong order in BT is bothering my a lot, I have to manually key in the phone number cause the phone books isn't sorted in anyway

Last edited by shingo43; 08-24-2014 at 12:01 AM.
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #556
Razz617

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
I've had my D5150 for almost a year now. It was working pretty good, other than the weak radio reception. The only other issue now, is that it keeps switching from night & day settings. This is VERY distracting to me while driving.
Has anyone else had this issue? Fix to it?
Razz617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #557
cyberlando

My Ride: 2002 M3
I just want to be able to fast forward this request too large eonon?
cyberlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #558
kasinaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz617 View Post
I've had my D5150 for almost a year now. It was working pretty good, other than the weak radio reception. The only other issue now, is that it keeps switching from night & day settings. This is VERY distracting to me while driving.
Has anyone else had this issue? Fix to it?

My GM5150 has the same issue. It only happens when I have the headlights turned on and the brightness wheel on the headlight control is set too low. There's sweet spot that you have to turn the dial UP to so this will not happen.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #559
Razz617

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
THANKS Kasinaj! !! I will try that. Right now, I have my 5150 wide open. I'm hooking up the external mic that I bought via KingArthur's thread

Razz617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #560
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb View Post
Hi jmb, Iíve noticed you have bought the unit on June this year, itís already with the latest software. If you have any specific question or issue, pls PM me, Iíll help you further.

Quote:
I need to know as well!
Quote:
I don't see General Settings, on mine it only shows "Settings"

I think I got my unit in Jun 2013 and never upgraded firmware, the wrong order in BT is bothering my a lot, I have to manually key in the phone number cause the phone books isn't sorted in anyway
Hi shingo43, Iíve received your PM and has replied to you, pls check, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasinaj View Post
Thank you very much to Carlos and the Eonon team for helping me resolve my battery drain issue. Very great support and help. Thank you once again!
Hi kasinaj, glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Itís always my pleasure to help you guys!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, bluetooth, business unit, navigation