E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #61
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_ink View Post
Thanks for puting this together WOLFN8TR! Great job!
Quick question, is there a 12HR mode for the clock or is it just 24HR mode?

Thanks,
Mike
Welcome...The 12 Hour clock works great if you have the correct time zone set with the GPS sync turned ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
Yes in the settings...

The clock is kind of weird as I can never get it to be correct when it is synced to the GPS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Danutz View Post
Hello,

My name is Dan, and I'm from Romania. First of all, i want to appologise my english.

@WOLFN8TR - your informations about the product and the instalation are very great, and i want to thank you very much fort that. Monday arrives my D5150 and your tips are going to be very useful.
Welcome Dan! Glad to hear this is useful to ya. Good luck with the install!
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #62
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
awesome write up man!

My question to you is, when using the navi and switch back and forth between navi and radio interface, have you ever encountered freezing problems??? I've tried both 2.0 and 2.4 and they both freeze up on me I have to reset the deck and its annoying because I loose all my settings

Just downloaded igo 8 yesterday and going to test that today see how it holds up

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #63
cyberlando

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlando View Post
Anyone know how good the RCA outputs on this unit is? I have a aftermarket component setup front and rear.....with an aftermarket Amplier

The info I need is what is the voltage rating for the head unit as far as RCA output

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Can anyone answer my question?
cyberlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #64
Melbs5150

My Ride: 02 330i
This thread is extremely insightful! Thank you.
Melbs5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #65
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
Just got my eonon and tried to install it. I have some questions:
1. how do you relocate the AC panel? I dont want to buy a relocation kit but it won't sit tight there, what do I need to do?
2. my unit came with 90 degree ipod wire and longer rca wires, however I still cannot make it sit perfectly flush, the left side is out a bit, is it normal?
3. My unit has a background noise, how do I fix it?
4. How do I make it learn the steering wheel buttons? I need to make the "call" button work.
5. I cannot find where to download the gps and map, can anyone please pm me?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by shingo43; 10-21-2013 at 04:50 PM.
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #66
Linx

My Ride: '02 BMW 325iT
1) Mine fit pretty tight without the kit. But in the past on the Enco thread I remember someone wrapped electric tape around the whole unit and made it sit pretty tight. As long as you do a clean job it should look ok
2) you have to trim around the antenna as well. Read WOLFN8TR install. It's in his signature
3)did you glue the rubber caps on the rca's on the back of the unit? That might be your problem or check anything lose
4)though it's there but you can't map the buttons. But I did find out if you're on the Bluetooth screen and Press the call button it will call last number dialed. Other then that it changes the EQ.
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #67
sjcbob

My Ride: 325iC
Great thread. FedEx just dropped off my unit today so I will be busy this weekend...

The packaging the unit came in was phenomenal. Well wrapped for the rigors of international shipping.
sjcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #68
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esberelias View Post
awesome write up man!

My question to you is, when using the navi and switch back and forth between navi and radio interface, have you ever encountered freezing problems??? I've tried both 2.0 and 2.4 and they both freeze up on me I have to reset the deck and its annoying because I loose all my settings

Just downloaded igo 8 yesterday and going to test that today see how it holds up
Thanks...Ya my 5150 does freeze occasionally when switching, I have noticed it doesn't seem to do it as much if you take your time when switching between Nav, Radio and iPod etc.

How do you like Igo 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlando View Post
Can anyone answer my question?
Not many people have used these units with amps from what I've seen. I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything regarding this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbs5150 View Post
This thread is extremely insightful! Thank you.
Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo43 View Post
Just got my eonon and tried to install it. I have some questions:
1. how do you relocate the AC panel? I dont want to buy a relocation kit but it won't sit tight there, what do I need to do?
2. my unit came with 90 degree ipod wire and longer rca wires, however I still cannot make it sit perfectly flush, the left side is out a bit, is it normal?
3. My unit has a background noise, how do I fix it?
4. How do I make it learn the steering wheel buttons? I need to make the "call" button work.
5. I cannot find where to download the gps and map, can anyone please pm me?

Thanks a lot
(1) From what I've read guys are wrapping electrical tape around the AC control panel to get it to fit tight.
(2) Interesting...Can you post some pictures of the 90 degree iPod cable and RCA wires. How long are they? The Antenna cable is more than likely what is causing the unit to stick out on the left side. You can either trim the stock Eonon one or get the one I listed on the first page. That one is way more flexible when trimmed.
(3) Not sure if anyone has addressed this issue yet.
(4) I don't think this works with the Can Bus V2. I think it did with the V1 but you have to deal with the random inputs at start up.
(5) Not sure....Anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcbob View Post
Great thread. FedEx just dropped off my unit today so I will be busy this weekend...

The packaging the unit came in was phenomenal. Well wrapped for the rigors of international shipping.
Thanks...Yes it's packed very well.

Let us know if you have these features:
- Orange LED Color
- 90 Degree iPod cable
- Longer RCA wires

-Software Updates-
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
It can restore and update the software, so that the system will more stable and run more faster, but it is not for upgrading Orange LED button color, since it also related to hardware.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-21-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #69
sjcbob

Okay, I have run into a snag here. For the life of me, I cant get the center vents out. I shoved two credit cars to the top corners, so pressed in those clips, but the bottom is not budging and I am afraid that I'm going to pull the grill covers off without removing the whole unit. Any tips to the bottom clips to get the thing off?
Old 10-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #70
Linx

Quote:
Okay, I have run into a snag here. For the life of me, I cant get the center vents out. I shoved two credit cars to the top corners, so pressed in those clips, but the bottom is not budging and I am afraid that I'm going to pull the grill covers off without removing the whole unit. Any tips to the bottom clips to get the thing off?
Sometimes it's hard to remove if it's been there a long time and hasn't been removed before. Slide the cards back n forth around the area of the clips and pull on the vents with a gentle pressure. My vents came out easy but I had a real hard time getting my HVAC out.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #71
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

When you slide the cards in the top two sides pull the vent forward. Now using a plastic or wood pry bar pop the bottom up and pull at the same time. If it's never been out before it's a Beouch. If you can hold the top from popping back in remove those two cards and then work on the bottom, that will make it not so tight. Mine was so tight I thought it was going to break and then it popped out.

Take a look at the pics where the two large clips are on the vent, two on top and two underneath.

BOTTOM

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-21-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #72
shingo43

how do you guys adjust the gps volume? I can barely hear any voice prompt when music is on.
I already tried with mix on or off.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #73
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo43 View Post
how do you guys adjust the gps volume? I can barely hear any voice prompt when music is on.
I already tried with mix on or off.
Mix and #8. Also there is a Volume control in the Nav settings.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #74
sjcbob

Thanks! I went back and decided to just brute force it. I wound up successfully removing the vent unit, but I tore the front cover off slightly and the slats started going all crooked.

I pushed a bit from the back to get the vent out. The slats in the vent became all slanted as a result, so I wound up removing the cable and bringing it inside the house to work on it.

Luckily, the cover didn't break off all the way, I was able to reseat the vents into their little pegs and pop the vent back on. woot.

Will hopefully finish the rest tomorrow.

I've attached some pics as well. Red circle is where you can see the cover of the vent snapped off. Luckily I was able to snap it back in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vent1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	531754   Click image for larger version

Name:	vent2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	531755   Click image for larger version

Name:	vent3.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	531756   Click image for larger version

Name:	vent4.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	531757  

Name:	vent5.jpg
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	531758  

Last edited by sjcbob; 10-22-2013 at 12:05 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #75
shingo43

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Mix and #8. Also there is a Volume control in the Nav settings.

already maximized the volume in gps, still very low
Old 10-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #76
esberelias

My Ride: '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
How do you like Igo 8?

Had a 5 hour trip today and used igo 8... Didn't freeze on me once It's a bit different (I do like primo better) but I got used to Igo 8 and definitely sticking with it!

People are inboxing me asking me about Igo 8..... Google is your friend

Check out my ride
esberelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #77
Mr. Danutz

My Ride: BMW E46
Eonon D5150 Install

@linx can you show us a picture of the ac to see how it fits? Thanks

Last edited by Mr. Danutz; 10-22-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Mr. Danutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #78
sjcbob

Whoa, no USB in back

SO I reread the original install instructions at the start of the thread here. I realized that I dont have a USB connection in the back! Here is a picture of the entire set of wires coming out of the back of the unit. Mostly RCA plugs except for TPMS.

What gives? Anyone else missing this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EONON1.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	531799  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #79
Linx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Danutz View Post
@linx can you show us a picture of the ac to see how it fits? Thanks

It'll have to wait until later tonight. I'm at work and take the train in so I'm nowhere near my car. Unless you can call my boss for me and make up an excuse for me to leave early. Then I'll get right on it. But if not, then I'll post a pic later tonight.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #80
therealet23

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
SO I reread the original install instructions at the start of the thread here. I realized that I dont have a USB connection in the back! Here is a picture of the entire set of wires coming out of the back of the unit. Mostly RCA plugs except for TPMS.

What gives? Anyone else missing this?
I def have one in the back of mine....
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, bluetooth, business unit, navigation