E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 67 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #81
Linx

My Ride: '02 BMW 325iT
Maybe they took them off since there's no use for them. Be happy. Makes your install that much easier without those useless plugs getting in the way.
Linx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #82
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcbob View Post
SO I reread the original install instructions at the start of the thread here. I realized that I dont have a USB connection in the back! Here is a picture of the entire set of wires coming out of the back of the unit. Mostly RCA plugs except for TPMS.
The USB isn't needed, it doesn't work for anything anyway. Can you take a pic of the back of the 5150. Curious if Eonon changed some of the cables.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-22-2013 at 01:13 PM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #83
sjcbob

My Ride: 325iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
The USB isn't needed, it doesn't work for anything anyway. Can you take a pic of the back of the 5150. Curious if Eonon changed some of the cables.
Sorry, unit is installed and center vents are snapped in. If the center vents hadn't gotten back in, I would pull it out. I will post pics in a few minutes. trying to figure out the NAV software.
sjcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #84
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
SO I reread the original install instructions at the start of the thread here. I realized that I dont have a USB connection in the back! Here is a picture of the entire set of wires coming out of the back of the unit. Mostly RCA plugs except for TPMS.

What gives? Anyone else missing this?
Maybe they are making room for external mic input?!?!

Last edited by daki_bmw; 10-22-2013 at 01:28 PM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #85
Mr. Danutz

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:

I install my Eonon today and i have 2 usb cables behind but they didn't sent me the usb cable for the front of unit.

Maybe at their factory they mount the unit how they want )
Mr. Danutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #86
Mr. Danutz

For the antena cable i bought this cable head (or how it'called) and then the unit fits easily
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mufa_antena_auto_Blaupunkt_90_grade-1.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	531814  
Old 10-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #87
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Danutz View Post
For the antena cable i bought this cable head (or how it'called) and then the unit fits easily
That's cool but how exactly does it work? Looks like cutting and crimping is involved.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #88
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
Quote:

You must got the latest version as mine, does yours come with the 90 degree Ipod cable too?
also did you notice our rca cables are longer than the op's

Last edited by shingo43; 10-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #89
Mr. Danutz

Eonon D5150 Install

Quote:
That's cool but how exactly does it work? Looks like cutting and crimping is involved.
Not really. I can't find any example on the internet with the exact cable that i used, but this cable with the 90 degree input replace the cable Eonon sent to you the cable is like the one that is in the picture and at the end you insert the piece of the second picture (again sorry for my english)Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382481330.847740.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	531849

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382481393.881625.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	531850

This two pieces combinated are shorter than the original antena cable so you should not face any problems with matching the unit.

Hope you understand. Anyway the people from Eonon should improve that connection, because, i guess every single unit for bmw e46 is a pain in the a** fitting in there.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Mr. Danutz; 10-22-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #90
sjcbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo43 View Post
You must got the latest version as mine, does yours come with the 90 degree Ipod cable too?
also did you notice our rca cables are longer than the op's
Yes, I did get 90 deg Ipod cable. I installed my unit without any extra cables, just trimmed the plug for the antenna cable. Pics to come tonight.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #91
Linx

Quote:
Not really. I can't find any example on the internet with the exact cable that i used, but this cable with the 90 degree input replace the cable Eonon sent to you the cable is like the one that is in the picture and at the end you insert the piece of the second picture (again sorry for my english)Attachment 531849

Attachment 531850

This two pieces combinated are shorter than the original antena cable so you should not face any problems with matching the unit.

Hope you understand. Anyway the people from Eonon should improve that connection, because, i guess every single unit for bmw e46 is a pain in the a** fitting in there.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Can you provide a link on where you got this from? Have you tried it yet and how's the reception?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #92
Linx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
Can you provide a link on where you got this from? Have you tried it yet and how's the reception?
Err, sorry just read it again and see that you can't find it. But how is reception?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #93
wicked_ink

My Ride: 2002 325i
Found this - http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=40-vw21

Here's a whole list of antenna parts. Just search for bmw on that page http://www.installer.com/main.php?page=antenna-parts

Last edited by wicked_ink; 10-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.
wicked_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #94
cyberlando

My Ride: 2002 M3
anyone have a contact number for these darn people!!! im getting frustrated with their crap of a customer service
cyberlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #95
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Not really. I can't find any example on the internet with the exact cable that i used, but this cable with the 90 degree input replace the cable Eonon sent to you the cable is like the one that is in the picture and at the end you insert the piece of the second picture (again sorry for my english)Attachment 531849

Attachment 531850

Nice Find! Your English is fine, no worries.
Eonon is listening to the issues we have experienced and have already changed a few items. Our feedback is helping make the 5150 a better unit for the installer/user.

- added Orange color
- 90 degree iPod cable
- longer RCA wires
- software updates to address crashing/freezing
- can bus V2

Quote:
Yes, I did get 90 deg Ipod cable. I installed my unit without any extra cables, just trimmed the plug for the antenna cable. Pics to come tonight.
In for pics. Does it turn towards the passenger side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_ink View Post
Found this - http://www.installer.com/item/displa...php?it=40-vw21

Here's a whole list of antenna parts. Just search for bmw on that page http://www.installer.com/main.php?page=antenna-parts
Nice, see what happens when we do some research! Good find.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	531873  
Old 10-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #96
Linx

Quote:
Nice Find! Your English is fine, no worries.
Eonon is listening to the issues we have experienced and have already changed a few items. Our feedback is helping make the 5150 a better unit for the installer/user.

- added Orange color
- 90 degree iPod cable
- longer RCA wires
- software updates to address crashing/freezing
- can bus V2

In for pics. Does it turn towards the passenger side?

Nice, see what happens when we do some research! Good find.
My question regarding this adapter is isn't it too short to be able to fit inside the antenna hole. This seems that it won't reach all the way in the head unit to be able to make a connection. Is there an adapter that plugs to that?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #97
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlando View Post
anyone have a contact number for these darn people!!! im getting frustrated with their crap of a customer service
I can totally understand your frustration with the 1 yr eBay warranty vs Eonon's 2 yr warranty. This was addressed with Carlos previously in another thread as I'm one of them. I purchased mine thru Eonon's eBay store and only get a 1 yr warranty. I do not agree with it but it is what it is. Carlos said he would work with us if problems occurred after the 1 yr warranty. Personally I wouldn't of canceled your order but that's me. Here is some contact info, also try PM'ing Carlos from Eonon on here. I would like to keep this thread on topic, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	531880  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #98
shingo43

My Ride: 04 325ci
Does anyone else having the low gps voice volume like me? I tried to modify sys.txt no luck
also does your unit always save the time and radio stations correctly? hopefully those are not new issues the came with the new units
shingo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #99
sjcbob

Here is a picture of two things:

1) The Antenna cable. I trimmed the plug to make a bit more room.

2) You can see the new iPhone plug beside it. It is 90 degrees but curves to the bottom

3) I cheaped out on the install so far, so I didn't buy any new cables. I also haven't bought a relocation bracket. You can see the results of my install. The unit sticks out a bit from the bottom, but I can live with it. The A/C unit is kinda ugly, so I think I will fix that.

p.s. I tried plugging my iphone 5s into the miniUSB plug in the front of the unit. It detected it, but would not charge the phone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EONON1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	531900   Click image for larger version

Name:	EONON2.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	531901   Click image for larger version

Name:	EONON3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	531902   Click image for larger version

Name:	EONON4.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	531903  

Name:	EONON5.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	531904   Click image for larger version

Name:	EONON6.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	531905  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #100
sjcbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo43 View Post
Does anyone else having the low gps voice volume like me? I tried to modify sys.txt no luck
also does your unit always save the time and radio stations correctly? hopefully those are not new issues the came with the new units
Still working on getting maps, so will have more feedback on the nav later.

The time and radiostation are definitely saved correctly, as is where I left off on the iPod.

Tags
backup camera, bluetooth, business unit, navigation