E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Maximum PSI E46 M3 turbo kit updates - 9/1/13

Hi Guys,

We have been pretty quiet on the forums, however we have been doing a lot of testing for the further upgrade paths for our E46 M3 turbo kit. There are 15 cars on the road with our E46 M3 turbo kit as of today! Three of those cars including mine are running stage 2 software with switchable maps. One kit is running stage 3 software/hardware! We have kit number 16 shipping out tomorrow to our first Canadian customer.

Stage 2/MS109 switchable map development:
As I mentioned previously, we now have three cars running with Stage 2 Switchable map software in "beta" configuration. I have been putting our shop car through the wringer to determine the limits for our stage 2, stock motor software. Things are progressing nicely, and I hope to be able to release the stage 2 software officially as soon as possible. Here is a nice video of Karim's stage 2 car shredding tires at a recent drift event:

Stage 2 E85 evelopment:
Once the Stage 2/MS109 testing is completed we will install the rest of our Flex Fuel conversion hardware and begin testing on my car with the stock internals. I was hoping to be further along with this, however there were other pressing items that needed to be addressed beforehand. We will keep everyone informed as things progress.

Stage 3 - built motor, pump gas:
We recently finished our first built motor car and it is tearing up the streets of NJ! It makes me want to throw a low compression bottom end in my car right away and crank up the boost. The 6466 and pump gas power levels are pretty wicked. We will be putting up a separate thread with pics and dyno numbers very shortly.

SMG cars/stalling issue:
We have sold six SMG kits to date including the kit that we raffled off at MFest this year. We have had very good feedback from the SMG cars aside from one common issue/complaint. The SMG cars will sometimes stall while coming to a stop and returning to idle. We are currently working on calibration revisions to eliminate this issue, however all of our SMG kit owners are located in the midwest or west coast, or they are their daily driver and can not be without the car for an extended period. I was hoping we would get a customer local to us in NJ, or local to Nick in southern Florida that had an SMG car and would let Nick final tune the car in-house at his shop in Florida however it hasn't happened yet. I am now asking for anyone interested in purchasing an SMG kit to contact us at Sales@maximumpsi.com. We will work with you on a discounted price if you are willing to let Nick to finalize the SMG software revisions in Florida using your car. Email or call us for details.

Fuel pump controller issues:
We have vehicles like mine that are driven long distances and put through to the test daily, and we have other customers that use their cars on the weekends or to go for a nighttime cruise. We had a few sporadic incidents with "fuel pump failures" on long trips that led us to look into the issue. We discovered the fuel pump control module on only small number of cars was getting overloaded with extended trips causing the car to shut off until it cooled off. We have since come up with a retrofit for current kit owners, and it is part of the kit for future installs.

Thanks again for all of your support. 2013 has been a dream come true for myself and Maximum PSI. We look forward to providing big power, OBDII compliant turbo kits for years to come!

Mike Radowski,
Owner, Maximum PSI
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events!
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
When is the next raffle...

I can't wait to fit one of your kits on my sedan
Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post

I'm not sure you will see another kit giveaway anytime soon. We took a beating on ticket sales, but the winner got a hell of a deal on the kit! He sold it for a nice chunk to another member who just had it installed at Castro Motorsports in CA.

Does your car have a full S54 harness/DME/etc? We have yet to do a kit on a S54 swapped car, however it should be doable especially if the car is already up and running correctly with the swap in N/A form.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Status Gruppe
Sponsor

My Ride: 03.5 M3
Send a message via AIM to Status Gruppe
Mike,
Awesome work as always! love the kits! let me know if you want to work together on anything
Mike Migs

Mike Migs
Status Gruppe Tuning
10801 Vista Sorrento Parkway
San Diego, CA 92121
P. 619-887-6006
E. Info@statusgruppe.com
W.StatusGruppe.com
Like us on Facebook!
Status Gruppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Gruppe View Post
Mike,
Awesome work as always! love the kits! let me know if you want to work together on anything
Mike Migs
Thanks! Have you had a chance to see one of the kits(in action or at a show)?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
I'm not sure you will see another kit giveaway anytime soon. We took a beating on ticket sales, but the winner got a hell of a deal on the kit! He sold it for a nice chunk to another member who just had it installed at Castro Motorsports in CA.

Does your car have a full S54 harness/DME/etc? We have yet to do a kit on a S54 swapped car, however it should be doable especially if the car is already up and running correctly with the swap in N/A form.
yea i assumed the giveaway was a one time thing.

Yes my car has a s54 DME and i wired in all the needed m3 stuff (EKP fuel relay, drive by wire, DSC, ext.). I built it planning to maintain everything an m3 has and NO codes. as of now its not running, i need a few more small parts. when i have it up and running ill be sure to drive down and check out your shop

Last edited by BDUB328I; 09-02-2013 at 07:12 PM.
BDUB328I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Sounds like a plan!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Nabs

My Ride: AW/IR M3
I can barely wait to get to my kit! It feels kind of cool to know that I'll have the first kit in Canada.

A big thank you to Luke and Mike who were both very helpful in providing information about the kit and getting it ready for shipment in such a short period of time. They were not only very quick to respond to my questions but were also very accommodating to my situation and I greatly appreciate that.

I'm definitely looking forward to the stage 2 E85 development!

Last edited by Nabs; 09-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
yanksfan e46

My Ride: 04 M3
Mike, i wish i had the funds available right now as i would send you my car tomorrow (SMG).. Love to see the NJ crew tearing up the road!! You guys are doing amazing things and looking foward to the future of your developments. I have seen the kit in person and look amazing!!

"It doesn't guarantee you a world championship. If you had a phenomenal football team and spent $200 [million], you could have a dynasty. In baseball, any team can beat any team on any given day. That's what makes baseball so great." GO YANKEES!!!!

I HAVE OEM STUFF FOR SALE PM ME!!!!!
yanksfan e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
triks

My Ride: BMW M3
I wouldn't send anything to MaxPSI currently if you have an SMG car. I can't speak to 6 speeds, but my SMG turbo dies at least twice a day on me when I am coming to a stop. It can be VERY frustrating, as you can imagine. Even if it doesn't die, I can see the revs drop about 3-400 RPMs on other occasions.

I do plan on doing a six-speed conversion next year and hopefully that I will solve the issue permanently.

At least Mike is being upfront about it in this thread.
triks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #11
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Tou, I will give you a call in the am.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:37 AM   #12
Grendelsbane

My Ride: M3
Good to see an update on this kit. Sounds like there are some growing pains in the kit and I am looking forward to hearing about improved reliability for us SMG members.
2004 Silver M3 / SMG / Koni Yellow shocks and struts / Vogtlands lowering springs / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Proflex bushings / Predator Orion V2 Multi-Color LED Angel Eyes / Laser Interceptors / Clear Bumper Reflectors / Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator / AKG Motor mounts / Rogue Engineering Transmission Mount / AKG differential bushings / Euro mirrors / B&B Exhaust / CSL SMG tune /DME CSL tune

Grendelsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
I can barely wait to get to my kit! It feels kind of cool to know that I'll have the first kit in Canada.

A big thank you to Luke and Mike who were both very helpful in providing information about the kit and getting it ready for shipment in such a short period of time. They were not only very quick to respond to my questions but were also very accommodating to my situation and I greatly appreciate that.

I'm definitely looking forward to the stage 2 E85 development!
Where in Canada are you located?? Tell me Toronto!!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #14
Nabs

My Ride: AW/IR M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtrini View Post
Where in Canada are you located?? Tell me Toronto!!
I'm at the other end of the province, Thunder Bay, sorry to disappoint.
Nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
yanksfan e46

My Ride: 04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by triks View Post
I wouldn't send anything to MaxPSI currently if you have an SMG car. I can't speak to 6 speeds, but my SMG turbo dies at least twice a day on me when I am coming to a stop. It can be VERY frustrating, as you can imagine. Even if it doesn't die, I can see the revs drop about 3-400 RPMs on other occasions.

I do plan on doing a six-speed conversion next year and hopefully that I will solve the issue permanently.

At least Mike is being upfront about it in this thread.
Im saying that i would gladly send them my car for testing purposes for the SMG community.. I hope you get your issues resolved!!

"It doesn't guarantee you a world championship. If you had a phenomenal football team and spent $200 [million], you could have a dynasty. In baseball, any team can beat any team on any given day. That's what makes baseball so great." GO YANKEES!!!!

I HAVE OEM STUFF FOR SALE PM ME!!!!!
yanksfan e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
m3816

My Ride: M3 e46
I am pretty sure there is a vert smg in MD running your kit .02 but if you are hooking someone up with a new turbo kit, go for it!!
m3816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #17
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post

PLEASE do this

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
Hey Mike when are your store hrs? I actually have been meaning to call you this week but by the time I'm out of work, I assume you guys are closed. Shoot me a pm as to when you are available to talk via phone cause I might have a new project for you!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONIKE46 View Post
Hey Mike when are your store hrs? I actually have been meaning to call you this week but by the time I'm out of work, I assume you guys are closed. Shoot me a pm as to when you are available to talk via phone cause I might have a new project for you!
M-F 8-6pm. Best bet is to shoot us an email if you can't get through the shop phone
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
BDUB328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan Hussein View Post
PLEASE do this
It's on my list for sure. Unfortunately I'm a broke college student ATM, this is my last year of school though. Soon enough my car will b up and running and I'll be driving to the maxpsi shop to talk with mike and the guys.