E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #581
Drex

My Ride: Cosmic Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
I've read that before and it's a nice perspective influence, but it's just one of many possibilities that are unknowable.
Agreed but let me add some things can be unknowable but other things can be personally known but unexplainable. Have you ever listened to a professional pianist or violinist try to explain the trance state they are in when performing or how they have such astounding ability? They cannot (properly) explain it but they know the experience when it is happening. The same thing can be said for some of the experiences you will have even early on when beginning meditation practice.

Last edited by Drex; 10-14-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #582
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
Agreed but let me add some things can be unknowable but other things can be personally known but unexplainable. Have you ever listened to a professional pianist or violinist try to explain the trance state they are in when performing or how they have such astounding ability? They cannot (properly) explain it but they know the experience when it is happening. The same thing can be said for some of the experiences you will have even early on when beginning meditation practice.
The amount of research and literature available on the subject is astounding. You just choose to ignore it. You choose to ignore science because it limits your imagination.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #583
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #584
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
ITT: I think more clearly when on drugs.

On a related note, I'm a much better driver when I'm drunk.

Last edited by NOVAbimmer; 10-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #585
ToMuchFun
Banned User

My Ride: E46 325i
Conspiracies that you actually believe in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Depends what drugs.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #586
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post

On a related note, I'm a much better driver when I'm drunk.
Nobody said you think more clearly on drugs. You think DIFFERENTLY on drugs. That is the key.

Drex, your inability to explain some of the things that occurred doesn't mean it's real. You literally just experienced hallucinations and dreams in your mind. It's all neuroscience that we are just now really getting into as humans. This is why drugs are dangerous for some people. The thoughts and feelings you have on drugs aren't invalid but you always have to understand there is nothing magic about them and that you remain in your own mind during use.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #587
Mr Podman

My Ride: E46 Coupe
Web servers running Obamacare are located at Area 51.
Mr Podman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #588
Drex

My Ride: Cosmic Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Nobody said you think more clearly on drugs. You think DIFFERENTLY on drugs. That is the key.

Drex, your inability to explain some of the things that occurred doesn't mean it's real. You literally just experienced hallucinations and dreams in your mind. It's all neuroscience that we are just now really getting into as humans. This is why drugs are dangerous for some people. The thoughts and feelings you have on drugs aren't invalid but you always have to understand there is nothing magic about them and that you remain in your own mind during use.
You are assuming everything I am speaking of just happened on one day while tripping hard on something. Most of my personal experiences and realizations have occurred during/after "sober" meditation and contemplation. The DMT is just a (mind blowing) tool that can be used to aid/quicken the process.

Epiphanies and flashes of insight can occur during meditation/trips, which can aid you in things that you are currently struggling with in life. Did you know that Steve Jobs said the best thing he ever did for his life/career was take LSD? So one of the most innovative, cutting edge thinkers of our time makes nearly the same claim I am making. He must have been nuts too.

Taken from an interview with Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce
Quote:
Benioff told his story of attending the memorial service following Jobs' death, where the attendees were handed a small brown box on their way out. "This is going to be good," he thought. "I knew that this was a decision he made, and whatever it was, it was the last thing he wanted us all to think about."
The box contained a copy of Paramahansa Yogananda's book, "Autobiography of a Yogi." It was a spiritual book that inspired Jobs throughout his life. The book, first published in 1946, espouses 'self-realization' and the practice of Kriya Yoga meditation.
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #589
WDE46

I haven't called you nuts. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Acid was one of the most influential single things in my life as well. So I'm agreeing with you there.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #590
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Epiphanies and flashes of insight can occur during meditation/trips, which can aid you in things that you are currently struggling with in life. Did you know that Steve Jobs said the best thing he ever did for his life/career was take LSD? So one of the most innovative, cutting edge thinkers of our time makes nearly the same claim I am making. He must have been nuts too.
Yes, he was nuts. Should have treated his disease more aggressively with conventional methods instead of quack medicine. Also, the best thing he ever did for his life/career was be lucky many times over.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #591
WDE46

Double post ?

Last edited by WDE46; 10-14-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #592
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Yes, he was nuts. Should have treated his disease more aggressively with conventional methods instead of quack medicine. Also, the best thing he ever did for his life/career was be lucky many times over.
Oh yeah and I totally agree jobs was nuts. Read his biography. Something is off about him.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #593
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
If someone already posted it, then it's simply an affirmation. I've fallen behind on my reading......

Oh no sorry I double posted. I had an "I am Ron Burgundy?" moment.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #594
JDizz325i

Location: Republic of Cascadia (USA occupied pacific northwest)
My Ride: M54B25 RWD
the Illuminati, the Bilderberg Group, One World Government, and the Free Mason's.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #595
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Yes, he was nuts. Should have treated his disease more aggressively with conventional methods instead of quack medicine. Also, the best thing he ever did for his life/career was be lucky many times over. And be gifted with the desire to win and be the best. And hire people just as gifted and motivated as he is.

Luck is good, but he did create the personal computer industry.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #596
ToMuchFun
Banned User

My Ride: E46 325i

New conspiracy.
The government invented bitcoins and use profits to fund off the record projects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1382735074.411871.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	532252
Illuminati^^^^^^

ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #597
SonicBoom

My Ride: X3
wolfman jack is alive!!!
SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #598
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
That it is not I doing the rustling, but everyone else.

<3uguys