E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #81
RossGuy
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 223
My Ride: FBM
Re: Conspiracies that you actually believe in

Religion is a hoax and conspiracy to run people by fear and stupidity.

Sent from my HTC One X using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Shut up and drink your snow from your plastic cup you hungry homeless homosexual.
RossGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #82
bry330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 537
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
somethings are just so bizarre they can't be explained. such as your wardrobe choice of tank tops and cargo shorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post
Sir, kindly fck yourself.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #83
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
In before JJ, Earthuman, Drex, Raymond....




I believe the gov't is witholding information regarding life outside the planet. I don't think we've been visited, or that they have made contact, but that there have been unexplained events reported by pilots, astronauts, etc. that might scare the public.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #84
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Not true. If I can cure cancer in 30 people for $500k million each or treat those 30 people for $5k a week for 5 years, which brings in more money?
I typed in $500k million in my calculator, but it didn't work.

If you mean a million each, 30 people will yield you $30 million. 30 people times 5 years times 52 weeks times 5k per week will yield you 39 million. What was your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
The best thing you'll never see on the market is something that prevents cancer, or any other ailment that generates billions in revenue, altogether.
Because conspiracy? What if I said I have a cure for "plane crashes"? Would you believe me? Better yet, I have come up with a device that prevents plane crashes, but "they" won't let me sell it. How's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Except the difference is a cure for cancer is an actual, legitimate possibility, and an "immortality pill" isn't.
Is it? It's kind of like saying "cure for disease". Is there a cure for "disease"?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #85
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
I hear there's this car that runs on water, man, but the government is keeping it a secret.

__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #86
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,461
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Conspiracies that you actually believe in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
As do I, and they all said about the same thing: "The medical industry would collapse if there were a cure for cancer."
So this belief of theirs gives them inside knowledge of the deep dark secrets that pharmaceutical companies hold?

I know someone in the military who believes we didn't land on the moon, therefore, we didn't land on the moon.

I know a priest who believes in God...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #87
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian
 
Marshmallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Joisey, Mid MI
Posts: 2,014
My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Because conspiracy? What if I said I have a cure for "plane crashes"? Would you believe me? Better yet, I have come up with a device that prevents plane crashes, but "they" won't let me sell it. How's that?
Autopilot systems can fly planes just fine, and many crashes are caused by pilot error. But you won't fly in a plane without a pilot. No one will. Even if some people do, there is still a slight chance of a crash because of other factors. If that happens, you can bet that everyone will be very quick to sue.
__________________


2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #88
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,767
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I hear there's this car that runs on water, man, but the government is keeping it a secret.

that would actually be powered by hydrogen.

if I am not mistaken. H2O, 2 parts hydrogen 1 part oxygen.
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #89
Hogan773
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 790
My Ride: 2002 325xi
This thread is wack
Hogan773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #90
217Bimmer
E46Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: not Illinois
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
in order for the pharma industry to keep cancer curing drugs off the market, it would have to be a complete monopoly and an unbreakable cartel. there is money to be made with a cure for cancer, a whole shitload of money. and if you think for one second someone isn't going to cheat and release this cure to make that money, you are just plain clueless.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #91
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Autopilot systems can fly planes just fine, and many crashes are caused by pilot error. But you won't fly in a plane without a pilot. No one will. Even if some people do, there is still a slight chance of a crash because of other factors. If that happens, you can bet that everyone will be very quick to sue.
Your consistency is remarkable.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #92
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,491
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I typed in $500k million in my calculator, but it didn't work.

If you mean a million each, 30 people will yield you $30 million. 30 people times 5 years times 52 weeks times 5k per week will yield you 39 million. What was your point?
Sorry, people on the internet have typos. I actually meant $500k a person but even if it were $1mil a person, that's still $9 million more per group of 30 people for treating vs curing. How many groups of 30 people are in treatment? That number is probably staggering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Because conspiracy? What if I said I have a cure for "plane crashes"? Would you believe me? Better yet, I have come up with a device that prevents plane crashes, but "they" won't let me sell it. How's that?
Plane crashes are not something you can treat and if you could provide evidence of a 100% fool proof perfectly safe airplane, I bet you'd be the Forbes 500 pretty quick. Plane crashes are an unnatural safety hazard. However, you could be the safest person on earth and never take a chance at anything and still get cancer. Also, you can't treat people for repeated plane crashes...
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #93
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Sorry, people on the internet have typos. I actually meant $500k a person but even if it were $1mil a person, that's still $9 million more per group of 30 people for treating vs curing. How many groups of 30 people are in treatment? That number is probably staggering.
So "treating" 30 people over the course of 5 years for $30% more money is better than curing people outright for an already enormous sum? You'd prefer lots more work for slightly more money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Plane crashes are not something you can treat and if you could provide evidence of a 100% fool proof perfectly safe airplane, I bet you'd be the Forbes 500 pretty quick.
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Plane crashes are an unnatural safety hazard. However, you could be the safest person on earth and never take a chance at anything and still get cancer.
You could never get on a plane and still get killed by an airplane.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Also, you can't treat people for repeated plane crashes...
Oh, yeah, but there's money in inspections and investigations and lawsuits and new techy doo-dads. If they just bought my "anti-crash invention", all those people would be out of business. That's why they're keeping my "anti-crash invention" a secret.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #94
bry330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal
Posts: 537
My Ride: 2002 330i
at this thread. This will make my Friday go fast. Keep it up guys.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #95
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
that would actually be powered by hydrogen.

if I am not mistaken. H2O, 2 parts hydrogen 1 part oxygen.
I think we all know that, it was a joke...hence the .gif
__________________
Gold Medal Recipient: Jimmy Rustling (2014)

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #96
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,767
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I think we all know that, it was a joke...hence the .gif


http://www.collective-evolution.com/...-yes-its-real/

An energy generator splits the water molecules to produce hydrogen and this is used to power the car. They use a membrane electrode assembly (MEA) to split the Hydrogen from the Oxygen through a chemical reaction. The cell needs only water and air, eliminating the need for a hydrogen reformer and high pressure hydrogen tank.

__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #97
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post


http://www.collective-evolution.com/...-yes-its-real/

An energy generator splits the water molecules to produce hydrogen and this is used to power the car. They use a membrane electrode assembly (MEA) to split the Hydrogen from the Oxygen through a chemical reaction. The cell needs only water and air, eliminating the need for a hydrogen reformer and high pressure hydrogen tank.

How much energy does the "membrane electrode assembly" require to conduct it's "chemical reaction" and where does it get it from?
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #98
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,491
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
So "treating" 30 people over the course of 5 years for $30% more money is better than curing people outright for an already enormous sum? You'd prefer lots more work for slightly more money?
How is it lots more work? The work is done and it's now on the doctors and hospitals to do the work.

And from a straight business standpoint, 30% more revenue is better than 0% more revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
You could never get on a plane and still get killed by an airplane.
True...and I'll concede this point but the fact remains that it's an unnatural safety hazard, not a disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Oh, yeah, but there's money in inspections and investigations and lawsuits and new techy doo-dads. If they just bought my "anti-crash invention", all those people would be out of business. That's why they're keeping my "anti-crash invention" a secret.
No they wouldn't, because every new airplane would still have to go through whatever testing is needed to show that your invention would work on that particular airplane. Same way that car makers still have to test that the seatbelt works on their car.

But to just stay on this story, yeah, I could see that happening. If you were going to put companies that make billions off of this testing...they'd probably be pretty upset by you taking away a large chunk of business from them.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #99
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,491
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
How much energy does the "membrane electrode assembly" require to conduct it's "chemical reaction" and where does it get it from?
^ This.

Nothing is free.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #100
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,767
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
How much energy does the "membrane electrode assembly" require to conduct it's "chemical reaction" and where does it get it from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
^ This.

Nothing is free.
I just proved they exist, fuuck if I know how it works.
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use