E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #61
328ci906

My Ride: 2003 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Verizon FTL

They did this a while ago. But the way around it is to never upgrade or extend your contract - just buy your phones outright (craigslist, ebay, etc) and just transfer it
Wow, Verizon is a pita. I've been grandfathered into AT&T's unlimited plan since the original iPhone. Every time I upgrade all I have to do is throw a fit over the phone or in the store and they just cave and give me the unlimited plan. I'd be pissed if they made me move to a metered plan. This most recent month alone I'm already up over 6 GB.

Although that said, AT&T's grandfathered unlimited plan isn't truly unlimited anymore. Anything over 5 GB is throttled down, to discourage you from using anymore data. At 6+ GB this month, I'd say I'm down to 3g/4g speeds even when my phone says LTE. Totally livable, but annoying none the less.

Last edited by 328ci906; 09-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.
328ci906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #62
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Re: The official iPhone 5S/5C thread

The good thing about Verizon's grandfathered unlimited plan is that you won't get throttled. I've used 8 to 9 gigs before, and my room mate hits 12 to 15 every month. They haven't said a thing yet.

Also, there is another loophole available to stay on the plan. I didn't have to pay full price when I last upgraded. They just used an upgrade on another line and then transfered the phone to my line. It may have changed since then, but it worked for me last year. Definitely worth checking out if you are on Verizon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #63
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
Also, there is another loophole available to stay on the plan. I didn't have to pay full price when I last upgraded. They just used an upgrade on another line and then transfered the phone to my line. It may have changed since then, but it worked for me last year. Definitely worth checking out if you are on Verizon.
Worked for me two weeks ago on Verizon.
ryanwhite74115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #64
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
redesigned homebutton for the 5s?

bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Re: The official iPhone 5S/5C thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
The good thing about Verizon's grandfathered unlimited plan is that you won't get throttled. I've used 8 to 9 gigs before, and my room mate hits 12 to 15 every month. They haven't said a thing yet.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Interesting.

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #66
bry330i

iphone 5c in blue

Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #67
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
I've GOTTA HAVE IT.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #68
bry330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ci906 View Post
Wow, Verizon is a pita. I've been grandfathered into AT&T's unlimited plan since the original iPhone. Every time I upgrade all I have to do is throw a fit over the phone or in the store and they just cave and give me the unlimited plan. I'd be pissed if they made me move to a metered plan. This most recent month alone I'm already up over 6 GB.

Although that said, AT&T's grandfathered unlimited plan isn't truly unlimited anymore. Anything over 5 GB is throttled down, to discourage you from using anymore data. At 6+ GB this month, I'd say I'm down to 3g/4g speeds even when my phone says LTE. Totally livable, but annoying none the less.
ive received the same message from AT&T about going over 6GB a month, but never noticed any slowdown in speed. not sure if you go over 10GB if they'll throttle u down, but in my case i havent experienced it so far.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #69
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
redesigned homebutton for the 5s?

To accommodate the fingerprint sensor.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #70
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ci906 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
ive received the same message from AT&T about going over 6GB a month, but never noticed any slowdown in speed. not sure if you go over 10GB if they'll throttle u down, but in my case i havent experienced it so far.
I've been averaging 8 gigs a month now and they haven't throttled me.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #71
cjrivera

My Ride: 2008 e93 M3 Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
To accommodate the fingerprint sensor.
Another rumor is that the sensor could have a NFC chip in it.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #72
328ci906

My Ride: 2003 M3
^Maybe I'm just that lucky then? Like I said, it's not really that bad, barely even noticeable.

Also, just sent a text to *639#, as it turns out I'm upgrade eligible.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #73
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #74
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Voice command is a wonderful thing, especially when it actually works unlike Siri...
um, wat?

Siri works very well for me. Surprisingly well. Better than Google Now or anything else I used on my Nexus with Jellybean. I actually use it everytime I want to set a calendar date, a reminder, a countdown timer, alarm, etc. It's faster than manual input.

Using my GF's Note2, an S3 in the past, etc., not sure how the S4 could be better. I think the only leg up that Android has on voice search is Google searches.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #75
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Siri is the most useless bitch. When i had an iphone I felt like a ****ing retard talking to my phone.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #76
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
ITT we found out who has tiny little woman sized hands.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #77
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vega View Post
I donno my 4s is still pulling strong on it's 3rd lifeproof case and original battery. maybe it's time to upgrade anyway?
I kept the 4s due to not wanting adapters. It's plenty for me.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #78
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
OT but still related: does anyone know whats going on with my ipad? it takes about 3 minutes to boot up and this only happened after an icloud backup. i tried everything from reflashing the firmware, hard reset, soft reset, restore from icloud, restore from itunes...wtf?

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #79
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
OT but still related: does anyone know whats going on with my ipad? it takes about 3 minutes to boot up and this only happened after an icloud backup. i tried everything from reflashing the firmware, hard reset, soft reset, restore from icloud, restore from itunes...wtf?
Yes, just give apple another $600 and it will work like new.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #80
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
Excitement over colors and a couple gimmicks? I was holding out to see something significant, but the iPhone is and has been boring for quite some time in my opinion. I've had the 3gs and now the 4s. The 5 did nothing for me. Picking up a Galaxy S4 this week to see something different for a while.
Iphone 5s Gold is going to be hot!

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote