E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #81
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
Everyone arguing, jesus christ, its a personal preference.
How can you slap ?!?!

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #82
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
um, wat?

Siri works very well for me. Surprisingly well. Better than Google Now or anything else I used on my Nexus with Jellybean. I actually use it everytime I want to set a calendar date, a reminder, a countdown timer, alarm, etc. It's faster than manual input.

Using my GF's Note2, an S3 in the past, etc., not sure how the S4 could be better. I think the only leg up that Android has on voice search is Google searches.
Google Now does all of that and more while being much more accurate in everything it does. I used Siri since the 4S so it's not like I'm bashing without trying.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #83
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Yes, just give apple another $600 and it will work like new.
no way. i avoid the apple store at all costs. last ditch effort would be to set it up as new ipad, forget about restoring, sign into the app store manually and just redownload everything

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #84
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Google Now does all of that and more while being much more accurate in everything it does. I used Siri since the 4S so it's not like I'm bashing without trying.
i use siri every now and then, mostly to set-up alarms, reminders, check the dodgers score. it works fine for me.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #85
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ci906 View Post
Wow, Verizon is a pita. I've been grandfathered into AT&T's unlimited plan since the original iPhone. Every time I upgrade all I have to do is throw a fit over the phone or in the store and they just cave and give me the unlimited plan. I'd be pissed if they made me move to a metered plan. This most recent month alone I'm already up over 6 GB.

Although that said, AT&T's grandfathered unlimited plan isn't truly unlimited anymore. Anything over 5 GB is throttled down, to discourage you from using anymore data. At 6+ GB this month, I'd say I'm down to 3g/4g speeds even when my phone says LTE. Totally livable, but annoying none the less.
Same. I have an ancient plan with unlimited Data but they still throttle lol
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #86
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Re: The official iPhone 5S/5C thread

I rarely use any voice commands. Maybe asking what time some place closes every now and then. It's the predictive Google Now stuff that's handy. You don't have to talk to it or ask it anything.

Most of the cards come with the Google search app for iOS too. You just need a Gmail address for it to really be useful.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by jeffro3000; 09-09-2013 at 01:57 PM.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #87
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
gotta love having both on iOS.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #88
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Yes, just give apple another $600 and it will work like new.
turning on passcode lock fixed it

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #89
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
gotta love having both on iOS.
To an extent, yes. It had to be stripped down to make it through Apple's restrictions on third party apps. If you combine Siri's ability to interact with the OS though, that covers most of the gaps.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #90
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I did the same thing and drank the Apple kool-aid for a few years. Just bought a Galaxy S4 and will not ever go back. Once you also see what revolutionary features actually are (not marketing gimmicks for what amounts to the same phone), you'll never go back either.

Add the following plus the Parrot bluetooth adaptor.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/andro...the_radio.html

Voice command is a wonderful thing, especially when it actually works unlike Siri...

Done, I'll upload a video of this shortly. Just need to find another camera.
Interesting adapter, I need to look into it.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #91
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
iphone 5c in blue

I don't understand what the big deal is with colors.
HTC is doing the same thing, new blue and red colors.
Don't most people put a case anyways?
I have this one. Look, I have a yellow HTC.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #92
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
I feel like if Apple really keeps the screen the same size, they are going down under. It's just not enough now a days. I had a 5 and always said to myself why would anyone want a bigger screen? But then the phone got shitty after just 5 months, and I upgraded to the HTC One, the screen is literally perfect size. And it destroys the Retina display lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #93
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
I'd like a new camera..i hope it has something pretty awesome in it, that lumia phone looked awesome until I realized you ahve to be on att and it's a windows phone.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #94
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Lowww View Post
I feel like if Apple really keeps the screen the same size, they are going down under. It's just not enough now a days. I had a 5 and always said to myself why would anyone want a bigger screen? But then the phone got shitty after just 5 months, and I upgraded to the HTC One, the screen is literally perfect size. And it destroys the Retina display lol.
Agree x100
I phones used to dominate the market, now not so much

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 09-09-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #95
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Haha, no they really aren't.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #96
coco savage

My Ride: 325i

Quote:
It's crazy how you don't think you want a bigger screen.... Till you use one

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #97
jeffro3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Haha, no they really aren't.
They aren't going bankrupt or anything, but they are having to make changes to stay competitive. Hence the iPhone 5C. More screen size options will likely be a future addition.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...388733816.html
Quote:
The electronics giant has begun evaluating a plan to offer iPhones with screens ranging from 4.8 inches to as high as 6 inches, people familiar with the matter say. That would be a sizable leap from the 4-inch screen of the iPhone 5 released last year, and, at the upper end, would be one of the largest on the market.
Such plans signal further that the Cupertino, Calif., company is shifting its smartphone strategy as it searches for new engines of growth, and as competition with Samsung Electronics Co. intensifies.

The Korean rival has taken a commanding lead in smartphone market share in part by offering an array of devices at different prices and sizes. On Wednesday, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 3 with a screen measuring 5.7 inches, a size that places the device in a category of hybrid phone-tablets.

Apple has been particularly interested in recent tests for a 4.8-inch screen, these people say.

A multi-size strategy would echo Apple's approach to the iPod, as that once-groundbreaking product line matured. Broadening iPhone offerings would also allow Apple to address a threat from Samsung: growth outside the U.S., where Samsung and rivals like Lenovo Group Ltd. are still expanding. Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said in April the company sees a "significant opportunity in China" with an unusually large number of potential first-time smartphone buyers there. Increasing sales in the country could also help Apple reverse stalled revenue growth and contracting profits, analysts say.
Profit share is now in a dead heat between Apple and Samsung, something that wasn't even close to happening just a year or 2 ago when Apple was raking in the vast majority of profits in the smartphone market. Times are changing, so Apple is changing too.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #98
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #99
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
^ OMG a new hat?!?!?! BRB, getting in line: