E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #81
Evo Panda
Still 4X4 Status

My Ride: E46 328i, MK6 GTi
Re: E46 is the most riced out vehicle out there - worse than Civics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide72 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that looks god awful?

Pardon my utter ignorance, but what exactly does one achieve by lowering their car and adding extreme amounts of negative camber other than scraping every speed bump?
#swag, obviously.

The other day i saw a black e46 with matte green wheels and green decals all over it. If i see it again I'll post pics for everyone's entertainment
Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 AM   #82
HakenTT

My Ride: 323i with S54
Not only E46 but E36 and E30 are victim also. I sold my very nice original condition 1991 325i to some guy, and I saw the car a year later and he lowered the car and put some rims with negative camber and bunch of other worthless suspension mods
HakenTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #83
sptfr78

My Ride: 2006 325Ci
Well, at least those kids are having fun with their cars and enjoying them. I'm not saying that I agree with their modifications, but at least they are swinging a wrench and having fun with their hobby. A lot of times, it keeps kids out of gangs and getting mixed up into bad situations.

I would never do to my car what they did. But it seems to me that they are enjoy their Bimmers. Isn't that what it's all about?
sptfr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #84
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
E46 is the most riced out vehicle out there - worse than Civics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
not me, i'd take a 135is over a civic any day.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #85
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinco View Post
Not my style and I've seen much worse...

Also, what this guy said...who cares
Lol at caring about people, that care about what others do to their cars, ON A CAR FORUM.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #86
vaah

My Ride: E46 03 325i
Quote:

Pardon my utter ignorance, but what exactly does one achieve by lowering their car and adding extreme amounts of negative camber other than scraping every speed bump?
perhaps that's what japanese do when vip style meets negative camber. I've seen worse.
vaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #87
Lionelski

My Ride: 325CIc
Quote:

The answer to your question is poorer handling, quick tire wear and stress on suspension components.

Oh yeah - it also looks god awful.

Sport Package, Premium Package
Racing Dynamics Strut Tower Brace
Conforti Shark Injector, Conforti CAI
Interior: Leather, Euro Tray, M3 Dead Pedal
Lionelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #88
Hogan773

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Re: 1 Series - I've not driven it but I'm sure it has some sporty appeal much like the Honda S2000 did. For me it is too expensive and too small..... were I to be in the market for a new car for the small price difference I would prefer to get more space, since I have a family. It looks a little stubby to my eyes, sort of like a midget, though.

I know cars are generally all growing, but they've been growing the power along with them, so the performance is the same or better. They might not be as svelte or light on their feet I guess in terms of handling, but in our society it seems there is a general trend to "more is better" on everything, so a new model needs to have superlatives attached like "more power", "more legroom", etc. Or "lower price". But the companies usually want to increase the price either on an overall basis or on a relative basis (cheaper construction at the same base price).
Hogan773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #89
HLG600

My Ride: German
Some of the 1 Series comments are amusing. Given the perpetually growing dimensions of the 3 Series, I am glad this model exists and hope a variant of it always will.

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the rear, but the rest of the car and what it does makes it forgivable. I intend to keep the 330 for awhile, but perhaps I'll look into a 135i/is next.

HLG600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #90
psykopsomatik

My Ride: '03 M3
Okay, just for laughs. This has nothing to do with e46s but it is an older Civic I saw. What is wrong with this picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NoSunroof.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	526032  
psykopsomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #91
Hogan773

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG600 View Post
Some of the 1 Series comments are amusing. Given the perpetually growing dimensions of the 3 Series, I am glad this model exists and hope a variant of it always will.

I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the rear, but the rest of the car and what it does makes it forgivable. I intend to keep the 330 for awhile, but perhaps I'll look into a 135i/is next.

I think it is gonna suffer awhile with the impression that it is just a "baby" BMW or a "low price entry level" car that is likely inferior and is solely designed to address an expanded market segment of buyers who otherwise can't afford a "real BMW".

The reality is it isn't that cheap (price). Maybe they should have somehow marketed it as a 3-series variant like "3 series sport" or "3 series essential" or something. Like "this car is for the driver who values all of the heritage of the original 3 series cars" (whatever that means). The risk would be that they are then implying that the current 3-series workhorse has somehow moved away from its heritage.

I dunno - I can see why many onlookers would assume this is just an obvious play by BMW to expand their market by making a dumbed-down car at a cheaper price. Whether that is true or not (the "dumbed down" part), it is usually the way things work in consumer products so you can forgive the casual onlooker for assuming that is the case here too.....
Old 09-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #92
Hogan773

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykopsomatik View Post
Okay, just for laughs. This has nothing to do with e46s but it is an older Civic I saw. What is wrong with this picture?
The title of the pic gave it away.....but HaHa! Wind spoiler for a sunroof and the sunroof isn't there!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #93
mxli330ci

My Ride: 01 drei dreißig ci
Send a message via Skype™ to mxli330ci
From the creative minds of our south of the border compadres (and not only Mexico)

You can now empty your barf bags or clean your keyboards.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #94
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxli330ci View Post
From the creative minds of our south of the border compadres (and not only Mexico)

You can now empty your barf bags or clean your keyboards.
I'm speechless.

mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #95
dedekind

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Looks like a fish to me.
dedekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #96
mxli330ci

One of the worst I've seen in Mexican, Hondurian, Salvadorian and other cheap car infested L.A. (I'm Mexican and I was sickened btw)

Last edited by mxli330ci; 09-11-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
mxli330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #97
Hogan773

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedekind View Post
Looks like a fish to me.
Nawww, bro, those are SHARK GILLS, yo!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #98
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Just realized that's an E36 with an E46 facelift. That part of it looks halfway decent. The rest of the car, not so much.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Those are Saleen mustang side gills

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #100
mxli330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
Just realized that's an E36 with an E46 facelift. That part of it looks halfway decent. The rest of the car, not so much.
It had me thinking for about 10 secs that it was an E46 when I was driving up to it on the street, then the side skirts started looking weird... Then I sh*t myself in puke