E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
FYI for those dieting...

If you're looking for low calorie foods, check out this youtube video:




Never knew some of these foods existed. brotip - take a pic at the end with the grocery list so you have it while at the grocery store.
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,384
My Ride: is totaled
chris lavado's annoying
i have been watching matt ogus (flexforall) for a while ... now chris lavado lives with matt ogus and chris is in all of matt's videos...
both have amazing bodies and huge lift numbers
but yeah, lavado rubs a lot of people the wrong way and he is rubbing off on matt now
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 09-16-2013 at 10:54 AM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
The dude is a retard and does not know a thing about nutrition.

He picks low calories food which does not mean it's healthy. Few examples,

tofu is made of processed soybeans and that's the worst a male can eat.

Splenda has been shown to cause all type of issues.

Corn flakes for God's sake, yes it's low calories, but it's all useless carbs. None of the items picked make any sense with the exception of low fat Greek yogurt. People should learn the basics of nutrition so they don't have to listen to some idiot to tell me what to eat.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,384
My Ride: is totaled
but good info in this video


chris lavado and matt ogus are all about hitting the macros
i don't really care for it but it obviously works for them
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 09-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
The dude is a retard and does not know a thing about nutrition.

He picks low calories food which does not mean it's healthy. Few examples,

tofu is made of processed soybeans and that's the worst a male can eat.

Splenda has been shown to cause all type of issues.

Corn flakes for God's sake, yes it's low calories, but it's all useless carbs. None of the items picked make any sense with the exception of low fat Greek yogurt. People should learn the basics of nutrition so they don't have to listen to some idiot to tell me what to eat.
The title is called "LOW CALORIE FOOD". Look at him and think about what you just said. "He does not know a thing about nuritiion" lol.

You say some wacky sh1t sometimes, Z00. I agree it isn't the healthiest and I didn't watch the video but I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
The one issue with eating non satisfying food (like corn flakes/processed goods) combined with low calorie portions / dieting is it becomes incredibly difficult to maintain. Personally with my own methods of eating I just replace some non essential fat sources that I would normally consume (cheese, butter, sour cream, etc) and eat more veggies. They are filling and essentially don't increase your total calories consumed, an easy way to eat at a deficit without going crazy.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #7
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I look at what he said. You want low calorie, eat veggies, seaweed, grains, and beans.

This has been debated to death before here and else where. The quality of calories is as important as the quantity.

You cannot argue with this, nothing beats natural unprocessed whole foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
The title is called "LOW CALORIE FOOD". Look at him and think about what you just said. "He does not know a thing about nuritiion" lol.

You say some wacky sh1t sometimes, Z00. I agree it isn't the healthiest and I didn't watch the video but I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
jinwu57
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 173
My Ride: bmw325 ci
Didn't think it would create such a debate....lol. I just liked his suggestions...particularly cause I never thought about looking for fat free cheese and calorie-free pickles.
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
I'm pretty sure his body speaks for itself^

He's hitting his macros.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 372
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post

You cannot argue with this, nothing beats natural unprocessed whole foods.
Tell me more about how you maintain your garden and raise your chickens.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,384
My Ride: is totaled
I believe Chris mentions in the video that he uses these low calorie foods to hit his macros while PREPPING FOR A SHOW
He doesn't live off that stuff

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I look at what he said. You want low calorie, eat veggies, seaweed, grains, and beans.

This has been debated to death before here and else where. The quality of calories is as important as the quantity.

You cannot argue with this, nothing beats natural unprocessed whole foods.
He is talking about a look not health. Calm the fuuck down. If you eat 1500 worth of chicken, potatoes, and broccoli you can look the same with 1500 calories of butter. Your health may not be the same after time but if your goal is to cut fat, you can do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
I'm pretty sure his body speaks for itself^

He's hitting his macros.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
I believe Chris mentions in the video that he uses these low calorie foods to hit his macros while PREPPING FOR A SHOW
He doesn't live off that stuff

[bimmerapp]
Z00 just liked to get worked up sometimes.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
You're misinformed Mike.

1500 of butter != 1500 of veggies and chicken. I have no idea where you come up with stuff. Go google calorie quantity vs quality.

Even for looks, forget about health, it won't be the same. Muscles only metabolizes protein/amino acids. You'll lose muscle much faster and look fatter if you don't feed your muscles the fuel they need.

I don't know where you get the idea I'm not calm from. lol I'm intense naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
He is talking about a look not health. Calm the fuuck down. If you eat 1500 worth of chicken, potatoes, and broccoli you can look the same with 1500 calories of butter. Your health may not be the same after time but if your goal is to cut fat, you can do this.

this


Z00 just liked to get worked up sometimes.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I buy my food at the grocery store where it has labels like "all natural", grass fed, certified organic, etc... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Tell me more about how you maintain your garden and raise your chickens.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
FYI for those dieting...

My point is you can burn far on 1500 cals of butter or chicken. I'm not saying a person concerned with anything else should do this though.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,220
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
FYI for those dieting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I buy my food at the grocery store where it has labels like "all natural", grass fed, certified organic, etc... lol
Not that I really know you or read your posts, but I would love to see a side by side comparison or your body next to his. I have a feeling you are pretty new to weightlifting, correct? At the end of the day, fitness is an industry where everyone tries to be different. 90% of the time it's over reacted and over complicated. Lift hard, eat decent and you will get results. I got to the point where I try not to comment on anything fitness related because at the end of the day, everyone thinks they are right.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #17
bAby norAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 513
My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
This has been debated to death before here and else where. The quality of calories is as important as the quantity.

You cannot argue with this, nothing beats natural unprocessed whole foods.
A calorie is simply a unit of measurement there is no such thing as a "better calorie". That would be like saying the inch on the yellow ruler is different than the inch on the brown ruler. An inch will always be an inch, just as a calorie will always be a calorie.

This isn't a debate on healthy vs non-healthy eating...its simply about calorie intake. You can argue all day and debate with anyone you wish but at the end of the day, your calorie intake will dictate the majority of your goals. Calories before macros.
__________________

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
I'm part of the macros > calories group, but I keep to myself these days.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where real estate is expensive
Posts: 340
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Same here, but I have not been keeping it to myself lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I'm part of the macros > calories group, but I keep to myself these days.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #20
bAby norAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 513
My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
macros > calories would suggest that you believe if you hit your daily percentages of macros (for whatever goal you have) but fall 1000 calories off your goal then your still on the right track.
__________________

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
bAby norAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use