E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

View Poll Results: How did you get an E46 M3?
Paid cash 81 71.05%
Finanacing 33 28.95%
Leaseing 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #61
fin1211

My Ride: Sienna Red 330ci
Abundance of E46 M3s (If you're under 30 enter here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
what color is that!?? i really like it!
Sienna red. Thanks!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
If you want to have sex, do your belts before your lip.

^^my beautiful car^^ <3
fin1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #62
atrak

My Ride: 01' em three
Re: Abundance of E46 M3s (If you're under 30 enter here)

Interesting thought.. As kids wreck em value will go up faster so sooner or later they won't afford em anymore

Sent from my SGH-I747M using BimmerApp mobile app
atrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #63
fin1211

My Ride: Sienna Red 330ci

Bad stereotype. I'm a reasonably responsible driver.

Sent from my HTC One using BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
If you want to have sex, do your belts before your lip.

^^my beautiful car^^ <3
fin1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #64
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fin1211 View Post
Bad stereotype. I'm a reasonably responsible driver.

Sent from my HTC One using BimmerApp mobile app
This whole thread is a bad stereotype. Of course the only people posting on it are the ones who baught their M3 with cash. I am willing to bet my arm that a huge number of M3s are still financed. The people financing them will not post here because they would be judged.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #65
M3 Baddie

My Ride: 05 M3 SMG
bought it at 22 cash, 26 now
Old 10-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #66
Henline257

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Im 16 with an 01 E46 M3, 6MT (silver) with 134k miles on it. I had a 04 330Ci ZHP (high mileage) that was totaled as a result of a lady deciding to pull out directly in front of me going 45mph, RIP my first E46 :'( . Being how the wreck wasn't my fault, their insurance company ended up paying back aittle over what my parents had paid for it, and i had put into the car. (About 10-11k total)
After i lost my first car, I was determined to somehow work and earn my dream car, which wasn't entirely out of my reach, an E46 M3 6 Speed. A few months after, I found a M3 for a pretty good deal considering it had **over 130,000 miles**. Thats how i drive my dream car today and i never plan on giving it up. This bone stock S54 still runs like a dream.

Last edited by Henline257; 10-07-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Henline257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #67
Ballstowalls

My Ride: 05 e46 m3 vert

Had mine when I was 15 I'm 18 now

Ballstowalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #68
atrak

whether or not you finance is not my concern, its whether or not your putting your life on hold to make it happen... single biggest regret of mine. I bought mine and am now stuck living at home.. had to prioritize and forgo a lot of other luxuries.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #69
rabxorzz

My Ride: Honda type r
Im 20 years old, I bought my M3 e46 vert SMG paid 160.000 SEK = 25.000 (dollar) In cash just about to Prioritize what u wanna spend your money on and save for it (Live in Sweden idk but I heard cars is more expencive here)..
rabxorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #70
ApolloTheGod

My Ride: E92, E46, E36, Caddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
This. A young person can own an m3 just like they can own a new civic. Although even at 20, $20k is a lot for a car. But most people have their priorities screwed so if you put all your money towards a car (a lot of kids do) they can afford an m3, or a new hyundia/Kia/Honda
Good point. I have a lot of less educated friends who have gotten 2013 BRZs or 2013 Civics for 20-24k and I just ask "why on earth did you do that?" for the same price they could have gotten a gorgeous AW on C 6 speed M3 or even an Imola on Caramel E39 M5

they are

Edit: Oh and to stay on topic I paid cash for my M3 at 17

83k on the clock and got it for 18.5 last September. Sold it two months later for 28.5

I dont even care if someone here wants to challenge my sale price being legit, because it is and I wont argue about it. Upset much? Learn to upsell

Last edited by ApolloTheGod; 10-11-2013 at 05:27 AM.
ApolloTheGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #71
cosmos m

My Ride: m3's(cosmos, TiAg)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloTheGod View Post
Good point. I have a lot of less educated friends

I dont even care if someone here wants to challenge my sale price being legit, because it is and I wont argue about it. Upset much? Learn to upsell
Sounds like you're always around less educated people. They just have money to blow.
cosmos m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #72
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos m View Post
Sounds like you're always around less educated people. They just have money to blow.
Perhaps the word I should have used was "aquaintenace" instead of friend. I know a few people who have insisted on newer cars instead of a mid mileage used M
Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #73
hadokenny

My Ride: rice rocket
Quote:
Perhaps the word I should have used was "aquaintenace" instead of friend. I know a few people who have insisted on newer cars instead of a mid mileage used M
Sounds like you are the ignorant one for not understanding the value of factory warranty and a brand new car with no previous history.

They are not ignorant for wanting a brand new BRZ. Perhaps they just don't want to deal with the trouble that comes along with a 7-12 year old german high performance car that does not have the greatest reliability records?

And no one cares if your sale price is legit. Get over yourself.

I won't even get started with your sig...

Last edited by hadokenny; 10-11-2013 at 06:01 PM.
hadokenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #74
atrak

Factory warranty will never overcome depreciation. Ever ever

Sent from my SGH-I747M using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #75
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i

$20-25k isn't a lot... Basically anyone, or anyone with a co-signer (mommy/daddy), can get a car loan for that amount. And I bet over half of the people who posted here that they paid "cash" did not. People lie.

Last edited by Leezy321; 10-11-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #76
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadokenny View Post
Sounds like you are the ignorant one for not understanding the value of factory warranty and a brand new car with no previous history.

They are not ignorant for wanting a brand new BRZ. Perhaps they just don't want to deal with the trouble that comes along with a 7-12 year old german high performance car that does not have the greatest reliability records?

And no one cares if your sale price is legit. Get over yourself.

I won't even get started with your sig...
First off my M was not expensive at all. I did the entire cooling system and suspension refresh and I didnt bat an eye at it, but I suppose that is perspective. Was it more expensive than a BRZ or Civic? Sure, but I bought the car to have a level of performance unrivaled by a new car for the same money.

And as far as reliability goes if you do preventative maintenance BMWs are way more reliable. I have owned 8 and 4 have been E46s so I know about reliability. I have never had a maintenance issue other than ones that I created by having too much power or putting a high amount of stress on the car.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #77
helmutm3

Quote:
First off my M was not expensive at all. I did the entire cooling system and suspension refresh and I didnt bat an eye at it, but I suppose that is perspective. Was it more expensive than a BRZ or Civic? Sure, but I bought the car to have a level of performance unrivaled by a new car for the same money.

And as far as reliability goes if you do preventative maintenance BMWs are way more reliable. I have owned 8 and 4 have been E46s so I know about reliability. I have never had a maintenance issue other than ones that I created by having too much power or putting a high amount of stress on the car.
Technically if you went through eight BMWs you don't know about reliability as you havnt kept one for long enough to find out . And did you pay 18.5 for your m or was it more expensive then a new brz Because it cannot be both.

Last edited by helmutm3; 10-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.
helmutm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #78
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
Technically if you went through eight BMWs you don't know about reliability as you havnt kept one for long enough to find out . And did you pay 18.5 for your m or was it more expensive then a new brz Because it cannot be both.
It isnt more expensive than a new BRZ, but its a more worthwhile car to own and when you realize the amount of daily stress put on my M3 you would understand that yes, I have had it long enough to understand its reliability. I put 500 miles a day on that car and they were not easy miles
Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #79
helmutm3

Quote:
It isnt more expensive than a new BRZ, but its a more worthwhile car to own and when you realize the amount of daily stress put on my M3 you would understand that yes, I have had it long enough to understand its reliability. I put 500 miles a day on that car and they were not easy miles
Maybe you should understand that beating on a car for a short period of time has nothing to do with reliability.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #80
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
Maybe you should understand that beating on a car for a short period of time has nothing to do with reliability.
Sure it does. Compress thousands of miles of driving over several months and compress that into a couple months. I drove what most people do a year in two months. I subjected my M to extreme road abuse as any purpose built car gets subjected. The car held up incredibly well given the circumstances, so I will say that time has nothing to do with reliability in this case. Mileage and driving factor has more to do with it.