E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Cooltool786

My Ride: BMW 325xi
Exclamation door lock cylinder issue/need part #

Hey Fanatics, I ordered a door lock repair kit and had trouble with the spring. I put the lock back in (broken) just so it could look like the car was locked to thieves. Well little did I know that if someone put a key in, the lock could come out. My sister did exactly that and I have all the parts except the cylindrical piece that holds the coded lock. It's hard to describe. I have the coded cylinder, but there's another cylinder that holds the coded cylinder in place and I can't find it. Does anyone know the Realoem part #? or has anyone purchased it from ebay? again I have the coded cylinder and everything else except the other cylindrical piece that holds it together. and no, I've opened the door panel and it's not in there. Thanks for the help in advance!
Cooltool786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Brad W

My Ride: 2003 330ci
part number 11 in the pic is what you are talking about right?

as far as I know, bmw/dealer sells the lock as a single piece. Even though you can tear it down, they don't sell the individual pieces.

This is the very first thing I bought for the car. $160 from the dealer, popped right in and was coded to my car/key. I've only been around for a while, but I've read nothing but hard times by folks trying to go the cheap route on this repair.

ZPP, ZSP, ZCW

Last edited by Brad W; 09-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Brad W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
scottjoh

My Ride: '99 323i & '02 540i
Do you mean this part?
scottjoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Cooltool786

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjoh View Post
Do you mean this part?
yes this is the part. where can i find it?
Old 09-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
Cooltool786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad W View Post
part number 11 in the pic is what you are talking about right?

as far as I know, bmw/dealer sells the lock as a single piece. Even though you can tear it down, they don't sell the individual pieces.

This is the very first thing I bought for the car. $160 from the dealer, popped right in and was coded to my car/key. I've only been around for a while, but I've read nothing but hard times by folks trying to go the cheap route on this repair.

haha i have to use the cheap route because i have no other option! im in high school and i just got a job so.. i dont have 160 to spend. thanks for the tip though! i thought this part was like $800 or something.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
scottjoh

My Ride: '99 323i & '02 540i
door lock cylinder issue/need part #

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltool786 View Post
yes this is the part. where can i find it?
5 bucks and it's yours.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
scottjoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
Cooltool786

Re: door lock cylinder issue/need part #

You got it. Pming PayPal to you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using BimmerApp mobile app

Tags
door, e46, fix, lock, repair