E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
330XIBimmerguy

My Ride: 330XI 2002
Attention: Do not order from fcp euro.

I ordered rotors and brakes for my car and they are all ****ed up from shipping. Rotors are scratched and pads are all dinged up on the edges. Do not order from these clowns. FCPEURO.com can lick my ass.
330XIBimmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
GeigerBMW

My Ride: 2003 330Ci 5 speed
Sounds to me like the shipper is at fault. Is FCP willing to replace them?
GeigerBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
qthegenius

My Ride: E36 M3, E46 323i
when you say "From Shipping," were the boxes completely mangled? How is what the shipping company did the fault of the sender?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
and why wouldn't you order for one of the many reputable companies who are sponsors on this forum.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
That's the shipper's fault, unless they were packaged incorrectly. Contact the shipping company within 24 hours, and also contact FCP Euro.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenluczynski View Post
and why wouldn't you order for one of the many reputable companies who are sponsors on this forum.
FCPEuro is a reputable company. They're not a sponsor, but their service is good. I'm getting a package from them today actually.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
jcns

My Ride: California
pics please
jcns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
I wonder if these "scratches" are the natural machining marks on the rotor faces lol. same w/ the rotor pad edges... i'd like to see pics as well...

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
Zell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I wonder if these "scratches" are the natural machining marks on the rotor faces lol. same w/ the rotor pad edges... i'd like to see pics as well...
Good point, I wonder if it's just the chamfered edges...
Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Surrept

My Ride: 2002 330ci

End of story.
Surrept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
The OP is in Montana.

Likely the last few miles were pretty rough!

FCP Euro is a decent company, take it up with the shipper and FCP Euro.

Usually the shipping company is responsible for transit damage.

Pictures for the shipping company and FCP Euro will be needed as well.

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Brad W

My Ride: 2003 330ci
funny post.

ZPP, ZSP, ZCW
Brad W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
yeagleje

My Ride: 2000 323i

You said "they are all ****** up from shipping" ergo, not the companies fault but rather the shipper...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
yeagleje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
motorhead55

My Ride: 01 325it 5spd sport
You shouldn't DAMN the company until you have exhausted all measures to let them rectify the problem. It could be the shipping companies fault. I worked at UPS for 30 years and did everything from unloading trailers to delivering the packages. Stuff can be handled rough, fall out of moving trucks or get thrown by a pissed off employee. This has NOTHING to do with the company that originally trusted a shipping company to get it to your door. Brake rotors are relatively heavy and can easily shift in a improperly packed or handled box. Do your homework BEFORE you point a finger and yell.
motorhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
FCPGroton
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E39 / 2011 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XIBimmerguy View Post
I ordered rotors and brakes for my car and they are all ****ed up from shipping. Rotors are scratched and pads are all dinged up on the edges. Do not order from these clowns. FCPEURO.com can lick my ass.
Where to start on this.

First off, its not our intention to ship damaged parts. In fact, we try to do everything possible to make sure that every order is correct and delivered to the customer on time and in tact. However, in the real world there are things that are out of our control which is why we have an excellent history of post sale customer service.

The damage you describe sounds like it could have happened from poor packing/abuse from the shipping courier. These things do happen from time to time and most, if not all, will attest we go above and beyond to make it right.

I'm sure some of you are wondering what happened yesterday that would cause this person to create this thread. I will give you the basic chronological order:

- Customer called our Returns and Q/A department at approximately 4:45PM EST
- Customer cursed and yelled about damaged rotors, Pam (Returns Associate) asked for pictures of the damaged rotors (standard practice)
- Customer refused to send pictures of damaged parts
- We then offered to overnight the replacement parts to the customer today as our shipping cutoff had already occured and UPS picked up for the day
- Customer hungup
- Max Rossi, VP of sales called customer to see what he could do to make the situation right, customer hung up on him
- We received a rather colorful email from the customer (similar language to what you see in this thread).
- We emailed customer back apologizing again and offering to send the replacement parts overnight as well as sending him a pre-paid return label on us

Cory, we have offered every resolution under the sun to correct this matter. The reality is we are still more than happy to send you the replacements you need in addition to sending you a return label for the damaged parts. I apologize once again that you received damaged parts during shipping. I can understand why you are upset, but I can't understand why you are as angry as you are especially considering we've tried countless time to reach out to you in order to address and correct the matter.

Take care.

Last edited by FCPGroton; 10-02-2013 at 01:24 PM.
FCPGroton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
You obviously exhausted all other options before posting here. What did FCP Euro say? The shipper when told about the condition of the items? How about posting a picture of the items and the packing materials. I'll bet that this is your first stop and you didn't give them a shot at making it right.
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #17
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
+1 for FCP Euro.

OP, will he is frustrated as he lives in Montana, owns a BMW and has to rely on the shipping companies to get things into the area.

I have been to Montanta, nice play, BUT, it ain't the real world.

Gotta be patient if you live there.

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPGroton View Post
Where to start on this.

First off, its not our intention to ship damaged parts. In fact, we try to do everything possible to make sure that every order is correct and delivered to the customer on time and in tact. However, in the real world there are things that are out of our control which is why we have an excellent history of post sale customer service.

The damage you describe sounds like it could have happened from poor packing/abuse from the shipping courier. These things do happen from time to time and most, if not all, will attest we go above and beyond to make it right.

I'm sure some of you are wondering what happened yesterday that would cause this person to create this thread. I will give you the basic chronological order:

- Customer cursed and yelled about damaged rotors, Pam (Returns Associate) asked for pictures of the damaged rotors (standard practice)
- We then offered to overnight the replacement parts to the customer today as our shipping cutoff had already occured and UPS picked up for the day
- Customer hungup
- Max Rossi, VP of sales called customer to see what he could do to make the situation right, customer hung up on him
- We received a rather colorful email from the customer (similar language to what you see in this thread).
- We emailed customer back apologizing again and offering to send the replacement parts overnight as well as sending him a pre-paid return label on us

Cory, we have offered every resolution under the sun to correct this matter. The reality is we are still more than happy to send you the replacements you need in addition to sending you a return label for the damaged parts. I apologize once again that you received damaged parts during shipping. I can understand why you are upset, but I can't understand why you are as angry as you are especially considering we've tried countless time to reach out to you in order to address and correct the matter.

Take care.
tl;dr OP is a ***.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
Zell

Quote:
- Customer hungup

Take care.
:rofl:

OP sounds like a real ****ing asshole. +50000 points for FCPEuro.

Beat down, customer service style.

Last edited by Zell; 10-02-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Zell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Yewzer B Lewzer

My Ride: 2003 325i

Quote:
Where to start on this.

- Customer hungup

Take care.
Who knew this thread would end up in FCPEuro earning an new customer... (me)

:thumbsup:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.

Last edited by Yewzer B Lewzer; 10-02-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Yewzer B Lewzer is online now   Reply With Quote