E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
RECCER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 35
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Smile AL bosch projectors

i apologize in advanced if this is a question that has been asked already i may have over looked it in hours past researching how i can improve my light set up...

where can i buy AL projectors!? i have a 2001 330ci in serious need of an update, i already have projectors in my xenon healights all im looking for is to replace the projectors so i can have a nice crisp clean output again like i know it should be doing. so if anyone can help direct me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for less cut and mod and more of a plug and play type of upgrade.

also i noticed a lot of owners are buying and replacing their oem projectors with the FXr3.0 projectors some talking about bi xenon..i was under the impression that BMWs dont use bi xenon? the have seperate housing for xenon and high beam.
__________________

01' 330ci/Dinan CF CAI/Dinan High flow throttle body/Dinan Stage 3 ECU chip/
RECCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
jiggz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,500
My Ride: '05 ZHP & '12 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECCER View Post
i apologize in advanced if this is a question that has been asked already i may have over looked it in hours past researching how i can improve my light set up...

where can i buy AL projectors!? i have a 2001 330ci in serious need of an update, i already have projectors in my xenon healights all im looking for is to replace the projectors so i can have a nice crisp clean output again like i know it should be doing. so if anyone can help direct me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for less cut and mod and more of a plug and play type of upgrade.

also i noticed a lot of owners are buying and replacing their oem projectors with the FXr3.0 projectors some talking about bi xenon..i was under the impression that BMWs dont use bi xenon? the have seperate housing for xenon and high beam.
1999-2001 - xenon
2002-2006 - bi-xenon

Your car is a year early for bi-xenons.

I've had AL xenons, ZKW xenons, and FX-R 3.0 - not much contest, the FX-R is noticeably better that the OEM projectors, especially the ZKW rubbish.
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
RECCER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 35
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
1999-2001 - xenon
2002-2006 - bi-xenon

Your car is a year early for bi-xenons.

I've had AL xenons, ZKW xenons, and FX-R 3.0 - not much contest, the FX-R is noticeably better that the OEM projectors, especially the ZKW rubbish.
thanks for the clarification, i know the FX-R 3.0 simply out does the OEM stuff by far but id like to do less cutting and modification to my only oem xenon headlights do you know where i could buy AL projectors?
__________________

01' 330ci/Dinan CF CAI/Dinan High flow throttle body/Dinan Stage 3 ECU chip/
RECCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
therealet23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 61
My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECCER View Post
thanks for the clarification, i know the FX-R 3.0 simply out does the OEM stuff by far but id like to do less cutting and modification to my only oem xenon headlights do you know where i could buy AL projectors?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=43725
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
RECCER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 35
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
dang..if only they were new..i guess buying "new" ones are realistic these days as far as AL Bosch projectors go..
__________________

01' 330ci/Dinan CF CAI/Dinan High flow throttle body/Dinan Stage 3 ECU chip/
RECCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,156
My Ride: E30 with an S52
I bought some cheap Chinese knockoffs a while ago. Cutoff was way sharper than OEM. Light output was comparable to ZKWs. I'll see if I can dig up the old thread and post the link where I bought them from.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.auto-electronic.net/hidprojector.htm

Direct link to E46 projectors: http://www.auto-electronic.net/Bosch...eProjector.htm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
I know I suck as an OT poster, but at least I have Edken to make me look good.

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 10-04-2013 at 09:12 AM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
RECCER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 35
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
I bought some cheap Chinese knockoffs a while ago. Cutoff was way sharper than OEM. Light output was comparable to ZKWs. I'll see if I can dig up the old thread and post the link where I bought them from.

EDIT: Found it.

http://www.auto-electronic.net/hidprojector.htm

Direct link to E46 projectors: http://www.auto-electronic.net/Bosch...eProjector.htm


dang good looking out! how are they holding up for you? any issues with them at all? how was the material compared to the oem stuff? do you know what type of lense it uses? how much did you pay for them?
__________________

01' 330ci/Dinan CF CAI/Dinan High flow throttle body/Dinan Stage 3 ECU chip/
RECCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
al projectors, bi xenon, fxr 3.0, projectors

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use