E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

Both sprint boosters are sold

thank you!
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 02-06-2014 at 10:05 AM.
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
sjacoby112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 311
My Ride: 2002 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

for 5spd 325ci?? with 3 mode switch?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #3
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacoby112 View Post
for 5spd 325ci?? with 3 mode switch?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yes, it is a 3 mode switch but i'm not sure if it'll fit your 5sp 325ci

check with turnermotorsports

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-18...-2001-bmw.aspx
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
sjacoby112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 311
My Ride: 2002 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

seems like it would right??
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1381115862.845465.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	529793


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1(5).jpg
Views:	78
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	529794   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4(2).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	529795   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5(3).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	529796  
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacoby112 View Post
seems like it would right??
Attachment 529793


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yup there the Same Model # so yeah, your good
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
sjacoby112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 311
My Ride: 2002 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

it says auto trans on the box??


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacoby112 View Post
it says auto trans on the box??


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Yes it does

paypal info updated in the main post
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 10-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
sjacoby112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 311
My Ride: 2002 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

so does that mean auto trans only? lol I'm confused


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #10
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacoby112 View Post
so does that mean auto trans only? lol I'm confused


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Confused? no dude, it just means this Unit is for 2001+ E46 1 / 3 /Z3 & Z4 series to Include M3/ Z4M with Auto Trans (SMG)
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
sjacoby112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 311
My Ride: 2002 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

ohhhhh word well I want one. $150 shipped?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacoby112 View Post
ohhhhh word well I want one. $150 shipped?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Cool, $150 + shipping

i'm selling @ 50% off already BNIB!
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #13
sjacoby112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 311
My Ride: 2002 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

I'm into it for $150 shipped


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 325ci | 5MT | SGM/AGM | Varrstoen | RoyalStance
sjacoby112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #14
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacoby112 View Post
I'm into it for $150 shipped


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
lol, really sjacoby112, if your in PA this box will probably cost like $6 to ship and your going to play hard with me over that?

stay where you are then brotha, i'm no crack head or broke. i'll wait for a fair buyer!
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953

Last edited by lrinco01; 10-06-2013 at 11:28 PM.
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
JTripper
OEM ///Member
 
JTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 567
My Ride: 325ci
FS: Sprint Booster Drive-by-Wire Enhancement Module for 2001+ BMW

I want it !


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

Ride or DIE! #BavarianBeast #Gertrude is her name.
Fav car quote: "Maintenance before Mods"!

Trying to do this MOD asaphttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-_o...rT_5bRlRc6GfPA

My lil Beast http://youtu.be/DT6FzACDskM

Last edited by JTripper; 10-07-2013 at 01:09 AM.
JTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member
 
WOLFN8TR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 436
My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Sprint Booster Info:

You can use the Auto version on a Manual and vice versa.

2 wire Sprint Boosters should be Manual version and 4 wire Auto. This has been debated before and gets confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprint Booster Info:

"CLICK"
Sprint Booster V2 - (SBM10001S) - 6MT -2 wires
Sprint Booster V2 - (SBBM0002S) - Auto - 4 wires

The BDD401 is suppose to be for a Manual and the BDD401A is for a Automatic BUT you can use either one apparently. My extensive research on this subject has found that one is just more sensitive than the other. Also Washburn has the BBD401A and he has a Auto but according to ECSTuning it's the Manual version and it works fine. Washburn and I looked into this in detail. We both have Auto's and his is the BDD401A (2 wire) and I have the BBD401 (4 wire) which both work on our Autos. The "A" after the model number mean Auto and also the one they recommend for the "M".

Found This Info:
They are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.
However, the manufacture recommends fitting an auto SB to a manual car for any driver who finds the manual SB on a manual car a bit too crazy.
I have done the opposite and fitted a manual SB to my auto. I am used to SB's on my BMW's so I have no issue with controlling it. Alot of people have done the same with BMW's and Mercs from what I have seen on other forums.
I have never tried an auto SB, but from what the manufacturers themselves claim the auto version just gives less of an increase in sensitivity than the manual version. I guess this may translate to a slower reaction. What I do know is that the SB is quite a simple device, and so it is very hard to imagine it being "clever" enough to do anything other than alter the response time of the throttle.
It doesn't stop the box from changing at its set point, but as you know, our autos change later in the rev range the harder you are accelerating. So if you keep a light foot you will shift early and if you press hard you will change later. The SB doesn't change this (it can't) but as you are more likely to be under harder acceleration for less pedal travel with the SB, you will notice your shifts do come in later.

http://www.sprintbooster.it/doc/Sprint%20Booster%20Catalogue__02_13(July%202013).pdf

This link shows the original version with "NO" mode button. There is no "S" after the model number. "S" = Selectable or Switch version.
http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/catalogs/sprintbooster.pdf



1. The compatibility of some parts may vary between different markets.
2. All parts ending with ' A ' (i.e. SBDD451A) are developed for use in Automatic & tiptronic transmission models (DSG...etc)
3. Manual versions (non 'A' versions) can only be installed in manual models.
4. In some early models the throttle connector is located in the engine bay
5. For Mercedes AMG , BMW M Series and highly tuned models we suggest the use of the Auto version
6. Switches are not universal. They will only work with the specific Sprint Booster in the box. Do not use the same switch in different Sprint Booster part numbers.

(FYI Mini Cooper is the same part number as the BMW's)
MINI COOPER 2002- ALL ENGINES SBDD401 / SBDD401A

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 10-07-2013 at 11:30 AM.
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Thanks WOLFN8TR,

This helps me from having to keep explaining things



Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Sprint Booster Info:

You can use the Auto version on a Manual and vice versa.

2 wire Sprint Boosters should be Manual version and 4 wire Auto. This has been debated before and gets confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprint Booster Info:

"CLICK"
Sprint Booster V2 - (SBM10001S) - 6MT -2 wires
Sprint Booster V2 - (SBBM0002S) - Auto - 4 wires

The BDD401 is suppose to be for a Manual and the BDD401A is for a Automatic BUT you can use either one apparently. My extensive research on this subject has found that one is just more sensitive than the other. Also Washburn has the BBD401A and he has a Auto but according to ECSTuning it's the Manual version and it works fine. Washburn and I looked into this in detail. We both have Auto's and his is the BDD401A (2 wire) and I have the BBD401 (4 wire) which both work on our Autos. The "A" after the model number mean Auto and also the one they recommend for the "M".

Found This Info:
They are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.
However, the manufacture recommends fitting an auto SB to a manual car for any driver who finds the manual SB on a manual car a bit too crazy.
I have done the opposite and fitted a manual SB to my auto. I am used to SB's on my BMW's so I have no issue with controlling it. Alot of people have done the same with BMW's and Mercs from what I have seen on other forums.
I have never tried an auto SB, but from what the manufacturers themselves claim the auto version just gives less of an increase in sensitivity than the manual version. I guess this may translate to a slower reaction. What I do know is that the SB is quite a simple device, and so it is very hard to imagine it being "clever" enough to do anything other than alter the response time of the throttle.
It doesn't stop the box from changing at its set point, but as you know, our autos change later in the rev range the harder you are accelerating. So if you keep a light foot you will shift early and if you press hard you will change later. The SB doesn't change this (it can't) but as you are more likely to be under harder acceleration for less pedal travel with the SB, you will notice your shifts do come in later.

http://www.sprintbooster.it/doc/Sprint%20Booster%20Catalogue__02_13(July%202013).pdf

This link shows the original version with "NO" mode button. There is no "S" after the model number. "S" = Selectable or Switch version.
http://www.jrponline.com/downloads/catalogs/sprintbooster.pdf



1. The compatibility of some parts may vary between different markets.
2. All parts ending with ' A ' (i.e. SBDD451A) are developed for use in Automatic & tiptronic transmission models (DSG...etc)
3. Manual versions (non 'A' versions) can only be installed in manual models.
4. In some early models the throttle connector is located in the engine bay
5. For Mercedes AMG , BMW M Series and highly tuned models we suggest the use of the Auto version
6. Switches are not universal. They will only work with the specific Sprint Booster in the box. Do not use the same switch in different Sprint Booster part numbers.

(FYI Mini Cooper is the same part number as the BMW's)
MINI COOPER 2002- ALL ENGINES SBDD401 / SBDD401A
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
WOLFN8TR
OEM ///Member
 
WOLFN8TR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 436
My Ride: 05 330CI ZHP
Welcome...
WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #19
lrinco01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington,TX -- Afghanistan
Posts: 979
My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
One Sprint Booster Module SOLD!
__________________
Leonel Aka " Rico"
BMWCCA # 403748
01 BMW E46 M3 / 6 SPD / Tiag / Imola
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
HLG600
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NNJ
Posts: 1,679
My Ride: German
PM sent!
HLG600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use