E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #181
rsaad330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 55
My Ride: 330i
Re: 2nd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with ARM & NFC & Orange button Colo

Thats what i am wondering also. It does seems like it would have an effect in the long run

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app
rsaad330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #182
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 782
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
Just trying to help, plus I like the unit very much!

Carlos, one question, maybe for your tech team: can turning off and turning on the unit with the key (powering it off without prior push of a PWR button) have long term bad effect on the unit? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaad330i View Post
Thats what i am wondering also. It does seems like it would have an effect in the long run

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app
Hi daki_bmw and rsaad330i, i have checked with the tech. Could you kindly confirm whether the ACC(red cabel) connected to the engine of the car and BATT (yellow cable) connected to the 12V+ ?(ACC and BATT are under the power connector)
Generally, if the head unit is on when you turn off the key/engine, then the head unit will turn on automatically when you turn on the key next time, because it will hold the memory.
Thanks a lot!
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #183
daki_bmw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Serbia
Posts: 817
My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi daki_bmw and rsaad330i, i have checked with the tech. Could you kindly confirm whether the ACC(red cabel) connected to the engine of the car and BATT (yellow cable) connected to the 12V+ ?(ACC and BATT are under the power connector)
Generally, if the head unit is on when you turn off the key/engine, then the head unit will turn on automatically when you turn on the key next time, because it will hold the memory.
Thanks a lot!
-Red cable (ACC) gets power when you turn key to on position.
-Yellow cable (BATT) has +12V at all times.
-The unit does hold the memory. For example, if the unit is on, and we turn the key off, the unit will, of course, shut down. The next time we turn the key to on, the unit will hold the memory, hence it will automatically turn on. In another example: if we turn off the unit via power (PWR) button on the unit before turning off the key, it will also hold the memory and will NOT turn on the next time key is turned on, until the power button is pressed. So, EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD, no problem there.

Our question is, if we cut off power just like that, like in the first example, can that have bad effect to the unit in the long run? (if that helps, with turning off the key, what we are doing is cutting power from the red (ACC) cable while the unit is on. The yellow (BATT) cable would still have it's +12V after turning off the key).
__________________

Last edited by daki_bmw; 12-11-2013 at 06:17 AM.
daki_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #184
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 782
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by daki_bmw View Post
-Red cable (ACC) gets power when you turn key to on position.
-Yellow cable (BATT) has +12V at all times.
-The unit does hold the memory. For example, if the unit is on, and we turn the key off, the unit will, of course, shut down. The next time we turn the key to on, the unit will hold the memory, hence it will automatically turn on. In another example: if we turn off the unit via power (PWR) button on the unit before turning off the key, it will also hold the memory and will NOT turn on the next time key is turned on, until the power button is pressed. So, EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD, no problem there.

Our question is, if we cut off power just like that, like in the first example, can that have bad effect to the unit in the long run? (if that helps, with turning off the key, what we are doing is cutting power from the red (ACC) cable while the unit is on. The yellow (BATT) cable would still have it's +12V after turning off the key).
Hi daki_bmw, thanks for your reply. We can understand it. Don't worry, i have confirmed with the tech, it won't have the bad effect to the head unit or the car. Thanks a lot!
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #185
knightrider5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: los gatos, ca
Posts: 62
My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i 4 door
Send a message via Yahoo to knightrider5000
hi eonon,
I bought the older unit 5150, sent back the can bus 1 for the can bus 2. But I was sent the wrong cable. I need the 17 pin power wire harness for the can bus 2. Eonon is not repling to my emails so tring here.
knightrider5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #186
Jethro_the_Pilot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2005 325 CI
Re: 2nd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with ARM & NFC & Orange button Colo

Knight l will look at my cable when I get back. I am on a trip until Saturday.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Jethro

"Pressurized Aluminum Tube Driver"
Jethro_the_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #187
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 782
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider5000 View Post
hi eonon,
I bought the older unit 5150, sent back the can bus 1 for the can bus 2. But I was sent the wrong cable. I need the 17 pin power wire harness for the can bus 2. Eonon is not repling to my emails so tring here.
Hi knightrider5000, don't worry, we will help you. Could you PM me the order number or email address? I will check it for you then. Thanks a lot!
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #188
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 782
My Ride: BMW E46
EONON GM5150 Group Buy

Hi, guys, glad to tell you that the powerful function "Screen mirroring" has been integrated into Eonon D5150 , nowEonon GM5150 BMW E46 GPS has been released proundly with all the functions of D5150 + unique Screen Mirroring Function! Further more, it also has the the New OEM BWM UI updated.

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/GM5150.html

Therefore: GM5150=D5150 (NFC URC) + Screen Mirroring + NEW OEM BMW UI

By using Screen Mirroring Function,
1. You'll get FREE Google Map or IOS Map.
2. You can share videos and photos on your trip easily.
3. You can access Youtube, Pandora, Facebook etc. from your Smart Phone if your phone is 3G connected.
4. It makes your kid stay entertained and happy all the way on the road by playing games in your mobile phone.

Since here are many guys asked for GM5150 before, so we decide to arrange Group Buy for GM5150 also!

-Main features of GM5150:
Specific For BMW E46 1998-2005
- New OEM BMW UI
- Screen Mirroring
- NFC URC

- ARM11 Processor
- Tire Pressure Monitoring ( TS01 )Compatible
- Digital TV (V0018)Compatible
- GPS, US/CA/EU/AU/NZ Map Optional

- GM5150 Group Buy Price:
Original Price: $509 on our website
GB Price:$379 without map
$404 with built-in US/CA map
Save 25%!


I strongly recommend you GM5150, which is the most powerful GPS unit for E46 now. Welcome to join us for group buy and save more !

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=eonon

Once there are 10 people collected, the group buy will be activated then. First come, first served!




__________________
http://www.eonon.com

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 12-20-2013 at 02:31 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #189
rocksonrocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 44
My Ride: 325i
Interested in group buy

Interested but for D5150.
rocksonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #190
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 782
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksonrocks View Post
Interested but for D5150.
Hi rocksonrocks, glad to hear that. I have already add you to the Group buy. If you have completed the payment, please kindly PM me the order number, so that i can provide you better after sale service. Thanks a lot!
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #191
rocksonrocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 44
My Ride: 325i
Pm sent

PM sent
rocksonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #192
EononCarDVD
Sponsor
 
EononCarDVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: HK
Posts: 782
My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksonrocks View Post
PM sent
Hi rocksonrocks, got your PM and product already shipped out. Don't worry. Hope you will get it soon and love it.
And welcome to share with us more of your nice installation here and on the pic/vid channel like many other fans do:
http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx

Thanks a lot!
__________________
http://www.eonon.com
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use