E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #21
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenstat View Post
What is the cutoff date for the orange/non-orange button?

My unit shipped on Oct 4th and received it Oct 9th, so way after the Sep 19th group buy ending. I haven't installed it yet, but I'm just curious - did I get the orange one or not?
Hi oldenstat, could you PM me the order number and also the serial number of the unit? We will check it for you then. Thanks a lot!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #22
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro_the_Pilot View Post
Just ordered and sent the order number to you via PM
Hi Jethro_the_Pilot, thanks for your support and PM me the order number. We have got it and your order will be shipped today with tracking number sent to your email box. Hope you will get it soon and love it.

And welcome to share with us more of your nice installation pics here and on our pic/vid channel like many other fans do:
http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 10-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhague View Post
Any confirmation that this will work with the HK system as well as with the new iphone 5s? Only things holding me back...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Hi Amhague, yes, it can work with HK system.
And A2DP music streaming and phone book of D5150 can work with your iphone 5S. If you want to use the ipod connection for music, you need to use this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter here: : http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter .

Meanwhile, we are working on it, you can upgrade the function by software in the future. Please do not worry. Would you like to join GB? Don't miss the great deal!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #24
MAHAL

My Ride: 46
Mine Arrived this morning....

Not bad considering if only left Hong Kong on the 10th...

Fitting took me around 30mins...

Started like this.... (Had a MP3 CD Unit initially which I sold a few weeks back)

Rather then taking the glove box out.... I put the GPS reciever on the Dash (UK Driver side) Fed the wire through here....

Decided to put the AUX/IPHONE/USB lead in the little cubby hole under the LCM.... Whilst this was out fed the GPS wire behind this.... (Taking the pocket out is just 2 screws) fed all the wire via the little hole at the top.

Everything else just slotted into place..... Just awaiting the SAT NAV Relocation Panel from BMW

I'm also impressed with the Orange lightning..... Looks very OEM

I'm still yet to install the Sat Nav / Connect Iphone / Drive with Unit / See Radio Quality.....

Will Update soon....
MAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #25
PhilM

My Ride: 320cd Sport
You work quick Mahal! - Mine arrived today too but sadly due to work will remain sat in the box for a week!

Just a few quick questions - Did you connect up any of the loose wires? (Ie, Illumination, Brake, etc), I believe the unit should be able to grab those signals from the canbus now? (Ie, lights on with headlights, dimming per dash instruments)?

Also, the US/Euro guys with LHD cars talk a lot about struggling to fit the thing due to space for the wiring, antenna connection in particular - did you have any problem with your RHD one? I am hoping to use the included antenna amp (and connect the blue power cable).

Can't wait to get mine fitted, shame a work trip is getting in the way!
PhilM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #26
Amhague

My Ride: 330xi
2nd Group Buy for Eonon D5150 BMW E46 Car GPS with ARM & NFC & Orange button Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi Amhague, yes, it can work with HK system.
And A2DP music streaming and phone book of D5150 can work with your iphone 5S. If you want to use the ipod connection for music, you need to use this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter here: : http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...30-pin-adapter .

Meanwhile, we are working on it, you can upgrade the function by software in the future. Please do not worry. Would you like to join GB? Don't miss the great deal!
Plug and play no loss of functionality with the Harmon Kardon? And this software update is to deal with the crashing of the unit with the 5s connected?

Amhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:01 AM   #27
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAL View Post
Mine Arrived this morning....

Not bad considering if only left Hong Kong on the 10th...

Fitting took me around 30mins...

Started like this.... (Had a MP3 CD Unit initially which I sold a few weeks back)

Rather then taking the glove box out.... I put the GPS reciever on the Dash (UK Driver side) Fed the wire through here....

Decided to put the AUX/IPHONE/USB lead in the little cubby hole under the LCM.... Whilst this was out fed the GPS wire behind this.... (Taking the pocket out is just 2 screws) fed all the wire via the little hole at the top.

Everything else just slotted into place..... Just awaiting the SAT NAV Relocation Panel from BMW

I'm also impressed with the Orange lightning..... Looks very OEM

I'm still yet to install the Sat Nav / Connect Iphone / Drive with Unit / See Radio Quality.....

Will Update soon....
Hi MAHAL, it looks awesome in your ride! Good job!
Thanks for sharing and it will helps more guys know the powerful Eonon D5150 better!

Andy yes, the Orange LED is very cool! Welcome to upload more pictures here and pic/vid channel like many other fans do:
http://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx

Thanks a lot!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #28
toze777

My Ride: 320D ( E46)

Very nice

toze777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #29
MAHAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
You work quick Mahal! - Mine arrived today too but sadly due to work will remain sat in the box for a week!

Just a few quick questions - Did you connect up any of the loose wires? (Ie, Illumination, Brake, etc), I believe the unit should be able to grab those signals from the canbus now? (Ie, lights on with headlights, dimming per dash instruments)?

Also, the US/Euro guys with LHD cars talk a lot about struggling to fit the thing due to space for the wiring, antenna connection in particular - did you have any problem with your RHD one? I am hoping to use the included antenna amp (and connect the blue power cable).

Can't wait to get mine fitted, shame a work trip is getting in the way!
HI Phil...

I left all the loose wires... Canbus picks it all up..
Quick Tip, I would also get one of these

http://www.box.co.uk/StarTech.com_6_..._3_907619.html

That way you have the aux option also...

Regarding fitment... Don't get me wrong, It is bloody tight... But easly do'able without buying any other 3rd party leads to extend (I'm guessing this is because our cars are RHD)

So I've done about 6miles with my unit and the only negative thing i've noticed is the radio isnt as clear as it used to be.. Especially AM radio...

hmmmmm

Any suggestions Eonon?

Last edited by MAHAL; 10-15-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #30
therealet23

My Ride: BMW M3
Quote:
HI Phil...

Regarding fitment... Don't get me wrong, It is bloody tight... But easly do'able without buying any other 3rd party leads to extend (I'm guessing this is because our cars are RHD)

So I've done about 6miles with my unit and the only negative thing i've noticed is the radio isnt as clear as it used to be.. Especially AM radio...

hmmmmm

Any suggestions Eonon?

You're having the same problem all of us with 1999-2001 e46s are.... the diversity antenna isn't hooked up so we either need to find a way to get 12V to the antenna in the C pillar, or replace it with a new antenna 2002-2005 e46
therealet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #31
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
HI Phil...

hmmmmm

Any suggestions Eonon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
You're having the same problem all of us with 1999-2001 e46s are.... the diversity antenna isn't hooked up so we either need to find a way to get 12V to the antenna in the C pillar, or replace it with a new antenna 2002-2005 e46
Hi MAHAL,therealet23 is right, you need the radio antenna adapter . Please check WOLFN8TR and Keaton1's thread here. Hope it will help.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=244
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=106

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 10-16-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #32
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toze777 View Post
Very nice

Hi toze777, yes, very nice unit. What is the year of your car? Will you like to join the group buy? Welcome to order here

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/D5150T.html

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 10-16-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #33
MAHAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealet23 View Post
Cheers Buddy...

Only problem is... My car is a 2004...
Old 10-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
Sdurand

My Ride: 2003 320i, 5mt
I just saw this GB on here this morning, and already placed my order last night through the Eonon website. EononCarDVD, can you still apply the discounted price to my payment? Looks like I would have saves about $30. Also, should I be expecting an email confirmation from Eonon? I've only received PayPal confirmation of my payment.

Sdurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #35
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Cheers Buddy...

Only problem is... My car is a 2004...
Hi MAHAL, regarding the radio,Please check the following things:
1.Please whether the Radio antenna hooked up stably?
2.Besides, please check whether it is the problem of the weak reception of the radio antenna.
3. Please try to search the stations automatically and manually,
4. Please try to test the radio function in some places with stronger radio signal.

For further questions, you can PM me directly,Thanks a l ot!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #36
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdurand View Post
I just saw this GB on here this morning, and already placed my order last night through the Eonon website. EononCarDVD, can you still apply the discounted price to my payment? Looks like I would have saves about $30. Also, should I be expecting an email confirmation from Eonon? I've only received PayPal confirmation of my payment.
Hi Sdurand, yes, if you order it by GB, you will save 30USD. Please PM me the order number and email address, i will check the order for you firstly. Thanks a lot!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #37
toze777

Mine is a 320D from 2001....
Can i get this shipped to me in Portugal ?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #38
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by toze777 View Post
Mine is a 320D from 2001....
Can i get this shipped to me in Portugal ?

Hey Toze, when you enter "Portugal" for shipping country in Eonon link, it shows shipping fee of 3 (you lucky b***** )...so I can safely assume they would ship it to Portugal. They want to charge me $70 for shipping to Serbia (Fedex probably, not Eonon)
Old 10-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #39
toze777

Buddy um only lucky if the ship from the UK because if not going to pay 120 in taxes to Portugal on arrival of radio .. So might be lucky or not depends for where thy going to ship .

Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #40
TaDe330

My Ride: BMW 330Ci Facelift
Add me to the Group buy. Unfortunately I was unable to participate in the 1st Group buy as I was abroad. So just to sum up the costs for shipping to Slovenia:
The cost of the unit: 248 euro;
Shipping fee: 3 euro;

Will the unit be shipped from Hong Kong or is it possible to ship it from UK or any other country in European Union?
If it will be shipped from Hong Kong then the total import duty & taxes due will be approximately: 66.55 euro?
Are there any insurance costs that I have to take into account when calculating customs taxes?

Last edited by TaDe330; 10-17-2013 at 02:55 PM.
TaDe330 is offline   Reply With Quote