E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #41
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Cadillac, Audi, Mercedes vs BMW

Everyone's attention is on knocking BMW off the podium. It's not just Cadillac.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #42
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Because audis are for gays and Benzes are for your grandmother. BMW is for the hip young crowd that Cadillac has set its sights on.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #43
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleyjones View Post
The CTS-V is nice. The ATS is nice. But we all must agree that our cars are still the "ultimate driving Machine" until that changes, then BMW has the complete Package. The guy I told you about, has got that " Cadillac HP and BMW is overated", attitude. I try to go by Facts and keep my opinions out. Finally, he admitted he hates BMW because those "people think their the ****%%^", and he will crush any BMW. I warned him, my 330xi might just embarrass you be carefull who you challenge. I then walked away laughing to myself.
Are you 13
Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #44
idrivebmw05

My Ride: '05 330xi
Re: Cadillac, Audi, Mercedes vs BMW

Here it is. Are you gonna go with something that has had a long track record of being great in this case bmw (example 3 series best car 19 years? in a row) vs Cadillac who just started producing nicer cars

Sent from my LG-E970 using BimmerApp mobile app
idrivebmw05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #45
325iinbc

My Ride: 2005 325I Executive
Consider this is a forum for 10 year old cars......ever see one similar for a Caddy?

case closed

325iinbc
325iinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #46
todd92

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP
BMW knocked itself off the podium with the F30/Buick.
todd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #47
MasterYoda

My Ride: "11 E92 335is Black
^^^^^^this!
MasterYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #48
Serega91

My Ride: 00' 323i Manual
Quote:
have you guys noticed that alot of talk from especially from cadillac that they got the " better" cars than BMW?
So what does the word "better" mean?
Its a pretty generic word,
Quote:
its seems like alot of other luxury car brands want to crush BMW.
We are a competitive brand... thats good

Quote:
I have noticed this "attitude" sometimes with some people who drive ATS, CTS-Vs. I had a guy tell me that most of the new cadillacs will crush these BMWs, really?
Although the chassis in the new ATS is a marvel and the LSX is the last engine series I would tell deprecating jokes about...

saying generic car brand a crushes generic car brand b is ignorant for the most part especially when this claim is unsubstantiated by the speaker.

I faced the situation myself, I understand it is instinctive for one to try and defend their 40K + car, but some of these people are well into their 30's 40's 50's, they probably should know better than try to brag infront of a "kid" in his early 20s who bought his 14 year old 3 series on some summer's job paychecks. Im not going to argue that specificationwise the new ATS will destroy my car, but I could give these middle aged men a run for their money with my rev-happy straight six and perfected heel-and-toe technique. They would not beat on their new expensive cars as hard as I do on my old 3 series. Anyhow just give another enthusiast a thumbs up, and usually you will get respect back.

PS @ NOVA:
I thought Audi has the game with the younger generation now (in terms of new cars), with their LEDs, smartphone apps, and Ironmans and whatnot. I see more new Audi's on campus than BMWs, and whenever I talk to prospective 20-ish year old car buyers about the car they would want to purchase ~50% of the time it is an Audi. Whenever I talk to others about cars, I always get the question "why didnt you buy an audi?"...thats before they realize how old my car is.

Last edited by Serega91; 10-10-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Serega91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #49
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serega91 View Post
So what does the word "better" mean?
Its a pretty generic word
+1

A is better than B only when A delivers more value to you and meets more of your own personal requirements. It's a matter of personal preference, yet you always have these dead-end debates where people want to claim A is universally better than B. A may be better at meeting your requirements, but B is better at meeting my requirements. That is all.

Whenever anyone claims something is better than something else, I always like to as "Why?" or "Better at what?"
Old 10-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #50
GuiltySpark

My Ride: 02 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Because audis are for gays and Benzes are for your grandmother. BMW is for the hip young crowd that Cadillac has set its sights on.

The c class is nice but I'd still take an m

GuiltySpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #51
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
I have owned enough Cadillac's & Lincolns to know that they don't hold a candle to BMW, Mercedes or VW, all brands which I have owned or currently own. Cadillac & Lincoln got lazy in the 70's & 80's, fell behind the Germans & have been playing catch up ever since.

Last edited by The Thomas J; 10-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #52
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
I have owned enough Cadillac's & Lincolns to know that they don't hold a candle to BMW, Mercedes or VW, all brands which I have owned or currently own. Cadillac & Lincoln got lazy in the 70's & 80's, fell behind the Germans & have been playing catch up ever since.
You mean the entire American auto industry got lazy in the 70s and 80s. The cars from that era are embarrassing.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #53
Serega91

My Ride: 00' 323i Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Exactly what WDE said about many American cars during 70s-80s...
I hope that the engineers of some of those atrocities are embarrassed to this day

but that bolded word should be "didn't"...times have changed...
esp for Cadillac, their improvement in the last decade was gradual but nevertheless spectacular.
Lincoln is still playing catchup after those boats and Tapeer-looking SUVs that I dont see appealing to anyone below the age of 60

I am looking forward to going to my local GM dealership for an ATS testdrive during the winter holidays or next summer...

Last edited by Serega91; 10-10-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Serega91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #54
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:
I hope that the engineers of some of those atrocities are embarrassed to this day

esp for Cadillac, their improvement in the last decade was gradual but nevertheless spectacular.
Lincoln is still playing catchup after those boats and Tapeer-looking SUVs that I dont see appealing to anyone below the age of 60

I am looking forward to going to my local GM dealership for an ATS testdrive during the winter holidays or next summer...
ATS is on my short list of next cars. Probably more than I want to spend, though.

BMW is not on my list.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #55
WDE46

Quote:

Don't blame the engineers. Blame the upper management.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #56
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
ATS is on my short list of next cars. Probably more than I want to spend, though.

BMW is not on my list.

If I can afford to, I will buy a new BMW with extended warranty but I won't buy anything newer than a E46 without a warranty.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #57
rapier7

My Ride: Subaru BRZ
I've learned long ago not to be impressed by the roundel. Couldn't wait to ditch my bimmer for my BRZ.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #58
WDE46

Why are you still here?

The BRZ is cool, but is cheap as hell. You can't compare them to BMWs. Also, the oldest BRZ is, what 1.5 years old? Who knows if they'll be good in 10 years or not. It's a totally new platform for both Toyota and Subaru.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #59
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wde46 View Post
why are you still here?

The brz is cool, but is cheap as hell. You can't compare them to bmws. Also, the oldest brz is, what 1.5 years old? Who knows if they'll be good in 10 years or not. It's a totally new platform for both toyota and subaru.
+1

Also, the ATS is an ugly duckling

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 10-10-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #60
dudewheresmycar

My Ride: DC'S
Send a message via AIM to dudewheresmycar
The CTS-V is nice. The ATS is nice. But we all must agree that our cars are still the "ultimate driving Machine" until that changes, then BMW has the complete Package. The guy I told you about, has got that " Cadillac HP and BMW is overated", attitude. I try to go by Facts and keep my opinions out. Finally, he admitted he hates BMW because those "people think their the ****%%^", and he will crush any BMW. I warned him, my 330xi might just embarrass you be carefull who you challenge. I then walked away laughing to myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Pull out tha .40 and show that bitch ***** how f2b gets down
IG:Chazlovesburnouts
dudewheresmycar is offline   Reply With Quote