E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #81
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Cadillac, Audi, Mercedes vs BMW

You're totally right BMW makes sh!t cars, I mean who would be caught dead in this slow boat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1381442479.027126.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	530327

Fvcking disgusting. LiKe doid my decade old 3 series Iz da ****!!11 new cars suck BMW has gone to ****.

Why not stop hating what you can't afford. The new bmws are exceptional. Every car we have hauls ass and has tons of potential. He'll drive a new m5/m6 and tell me BMW sucks afterwards.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #82
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Y
Why not stop hating what you can't afford. The new bmws are exceptional. Every car we have hauls ass and has tons of potential. He'll drive a new m5/m6 and tell me BMW sucks afterwards.

Who is "we"?
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #83
Serega91

My Ride: 00' 323i Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Who is "we"?
Im guessing he works for a luxo car dealership...
Edit...
looked closer to the pic.. he works for a BMW dearership

Last edited by Serega91; 10-10-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Serega91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #84
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Who is "we"?
His family aka his parents.

Quote:
"I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #85
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serega91 View Post
Edit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
His family aka his parents.
Dun dun dun!!! Which is it?!?!?!?
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #86
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serega91 View Post
Edit...

It just pisses me off when people talk down about a car they haven't driven. I'll admit the later e9x's were tighter cars than the f30's but the overall package you get on the 328i is hard to beat.

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #87
bimmerfan08

You missed the next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
wat

Have you seen the technical offerings you can add onto a BMW? Micro-adjusting seats that help your back feel better after long trips? Variable steering? Waving your foot under the car to open the trunk? Touchpad navigation system?

How is that not innovative?

If you want a superhardc0rebr0 sports car, you should buy a Lotus. BMW is a sporty luxury brand.
Quote:
No supercar. No care.

Kidding. They are still pushing innovation, but in refinement and creature comforts it seems for their vehicles.

The 1M was again in my opinion, the closest they've been in a long time to what used to excite the motorsport enthusiasts.

Quote:
"I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 10-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #88
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post

This is why I'm calling you an armchair CEO. That is such a broad generalization that it means absolutely nothing.

Have you ever been in or worked for a manufacturing organization? I take it probably not. There's a reason small companies become big and if they're good and remain good at what they do, they become great.

Quote:
Yeah, money is limited, so they are trying to make more. You don't make money by trying to appeal to what is becoming a smaller and smaller market every year. You want more innovation, but you don't want them targeting larger markets. That's a huge flaw in your thinking.
Never said it wasn't wise. But with risk comes reward. There's been large push back by the CEO to the M division to not allow intriguing projects.

More often then not, CEOs are concerned with quarterly profits. Why? Because it makes them look good. Larger salaries, larger bonuses, investors happy in the short run. Longevity wise, this can drive a company into the ground as it loses focus.

I'm sure that's not the case though.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #89
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post

It just pisses me off when people talk down about a car they haven't driven. I'll admit the later e9x's were tighter cars than the f30's but the overall package you get on the 328i is hard to beat.
Relax. Everybody has their opinion. I've been in some of the newer BMWs.

When you're slapping M badges on every model in the lineup, one starts to wonder what M now denotes.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #90
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM

Quote:

Have you ever been in or worked for a manufacturing organization? I take it probably not. There's a reason small companies become big and if they're good and remain good at what they do, they become great.

Never said it wasn't wise. But with risk comes reward. There's been large push back by the CEO to the M division to not allow intriguing projects.

More often then not, CEOs are concerned with quarterly profits. Why? Because it makes them look good. Larger salaries, larger bonuses, investors happy in the short run. Longevity wise, this can drive a company into the ground as it loses focus.

I'm sure that's not the case though.
I worked for Kia Motors at a plant that made 360,000 cars per year. I now work for a company that makes 200,000 engine and transmission sensors for a week. Blow me.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #91
bimmerfan08

Quote:
I worked for Kia Motors at a plant that made 360,000 cars per year. I now work for a company that makes 200,000 engine and transmission sensors for a week. Blow me.

Ah so not a big picture guy, or long term thinker? Kidding. I've rustled the jimmies of our junior fanatics today and on that note, I'm out.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #92
WDE46

Quote:
Ah so not a big picture guy, or long term thinker? Kidding. I've rustled the jimmies of our junior fanatics today and on that note, I'm out.
You're out because a "junior" member has more experience in automotive manufacturing than you do. Haha.

All I did was call you out for your broad John Madden-esque commentary on what the corporate strategy of BMW should be. I'm pretty sure the collective upper management of BMW knows how to advance the company and beat its competition better than you do.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #93
bimmerfan08

Quote:
You're out because a "junior" member has more experience in automotive manufacturing than you do. Haha.

All I did was call you out for your broad John Madden-esque commentary on what the corporate strategy of BMW should be. I'm pretty sure the collective upper management of BMW knows how to advance the company and beat its competition better than you do.

Anybody can say anything over the internet. Obviously I've pissed you off enough for you to get defensive with me. I never specifically stated this was the case with BMW, but case studies and history will show these things happen and often times no one foresees it.

I understand the marketing behind the 4-series. Was it well-liked? Maybe but i seemed like a no. But companies have to make profits. I'm pretty sure they know how to do it better than any of us. But remember this, you and I and many other consumers have to award them with our approval.

OT: have you met Lair by chance?

Quote:

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 10-10-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #94
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Anyone that doesn't like new BMWs, is stuck in the past..

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #95
WDE46

Quote:
Anybody can say anything over the internet. Obviously I've pissed you off enough for you to get defensive with me. I never specifically stated this was the case with BMW, but case studies and history will show these things happen and often times no one foresees it.

I understand the marketing behind the 4-series. Was it well-liked? Maybe but i seemed like a no. But companies have to make profits. I'm pretty sure they know how to do it better than any of us. But remember this, you and I and many other consumers have to award them with our approval.
If you posted in more than rant threads and the political forums you'd know I'm not making **** up. I have no reason to lie. And yes, I'm going to get defensive when I bust my ass every day just trying to deliver a product that is just a very small part of the automotive machine. You have no perspective on how difficult the industry is and the course the car manufacturers need to take to be successful.

You can't just say things like "they need to broaden their horizons" and then act like you've just said something insightful. That's basically my entire point. It doesn't even matter that I work in the industry.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #96
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
1 series is my pick. 1M is my ultamite pick.

My M3 against your 135 at the track? Old vs new? I'm stock.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #97
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
They're not doing a ton for me

But then again, I got tired of the E46 and couldn't see myself ever buying another

Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #98
WDE46

Quote:

It would be a good match I think.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #99
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:

track? Your car would take the win... In the skreets my *****, I blow ya doors off

-very modded

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash

Last edited by Fergo; 10-10-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #100
bimmerfan08

Quote:
If you posted in more than rant threads and the political forums you'd know I'm not making **** up. I have no reason to lie. And yes, I'm going to get defensive when I bust my ass every day just trying to deliver a product that is just a very small part of the automotive machine. You have no perspective on how difficult the industry is and the course the car manufacturers need to take to be successful.

You can't just say things like "they need to broaden their horizons" and then act like you've just said something insightful. That's basically my entire point. It doesn't even matter that I work in the industry.

As someone who too works in a manufacturing industry, yes it carries some resemblance. Remove the product and the formula for manufacturing companies are essentially the same.

Quote: