E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #41
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
What are your current ailments/injuries?

Not an injury or ailment but yesterday I did:

Squat
6 x 4 @ 70%

Clean
3 x 3 @ 70%
2 x 2 @ 80%
1 x 1 @ 90%

Deficit HSPU and muscle ups
9/7/5 for time (10:24)

And I'm definitely feeling it.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #42
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
the pinched nerve in my shoulder has gotten so bad that i had trouble driving into work today
__________________
Mike Larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #43
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
the pinched nerve in my shoulder has gotten so bad that i had trouble driving into work today
Fak. Nerve issues suck. And anything neck/back related might be the biggest pain in the arse.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #44
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Fak. Nerve issues suck. And anything neck/back related might be the biggest pain in the arse.
it's awful man; i have tingling up and down my entire right arm, from my shoulder all the way down to the back of my hand.
__________________
Mike Larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #45
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Not an injury or ailment but yesterday I did:

Squat
6 x 4 @ 70%

Clean
3 x 3 @ 70%
2 x 2 @ 80%
1 x 1 @ 90%

Deficit HSPU and muscle ups
9/7/5 for time (10:24)

And I'm definitely feeling it.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I want a log thread from you. I did deficit hspu yesterday on 2 stacked 45lb bumpers and can only do 2 lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #46
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,086
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Ugh finally got a cold
But still went to workout last night
Actually had a good workout
But it's not recommended to workout when you are sick, right?
Fatiguing your body does not help it fight?

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #47
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Ugh finally got a cold
But still went to workout last night
Actually had a good workout
But it's not recommended to workout when you are sick, right?
Fatiguing your body does not help it fight?
Conventional wisdom likely says it's not a good idea. But, I did the same recently and actually felt better afterwards. I think it depends on a variety of factors; like, how sick you are/is it a respiratory issue/how hard you're pushing yourself.
I'd say that if you're not feeling flat/like absolute crap during the workout, you should be ok. Up your fluid intake and, obviously, get plenty of rest.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 11-01-2013 at 11:42 AM.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #48
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Conventional wisdom likely says it's not a good idea. But, I did the same recently and actually felt better afterwards. I think it depends on a variety of factors; like, how sick you are/is it a respiratory issue/how hard you're pushing yourself.
I'd say that if you're not feeling flat/like absolute crap during the workout, you should be ok. Up your fluid intake and, obviously, get plenty of rest.
this also says fat is bad, eggs are bad, eat lots of grains, and don't swim if you just ate lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #49
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
this also says fat is bad, eggs are bad, eat lots of grains, and don't swim if you just ate lol
Exactly.

Just foam rolled my left nut by accident. Not cool.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #50
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
What are your current ailments/injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I want a log thread from you. I did deficit hspu yesterday on 2 stacked 45lb bumpers and can only do 2 lol.
I'll start one up.

HSPUs get really bad really quick. The first set was mildly difficult...the third set felt nearly impossible.

Same thing with muscle ups. I can knock out 5-6 easily. After that, they're much more difficult.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #51
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,086
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Exactly.

Just foam rolled my left nut by accident. Not cool.

Lol
Like it got pinched? Or squished?

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #52
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

Lol
Like it got pinched? Or squished?
Yeah. Just had leg day, so was rollin quads, which I don't do very often...and
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 11-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #53
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
so i'm having muscle spasms in my right tricep this morning. i think it's being caused by the pinched nerve in my right shoulder. owwww
__________________
Mike Larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #54
CRZY BMW
Registered User
 
CRZY BMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Socal
Posts: 430
My Ride: has wings & a prop
Plantar Fasciitis - ran 7 miles in my minimalist shoes... I thought I had conditioned into them enough. I guess ill switch back to traditional shoes. In the meantime my arch has been in pain the last few days. I cant wait to run again!
__________________


http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #55
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
so i'm having muscle spasms in my right tricep this morning. i think it's being caused by the pinched nerve in my right shoulder. owwww
Dayum. What does one do for nerve issues like that? Would acupuncture help? Never tried it, but some swear by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRZY BMW View Post
Plantar Fasciitis - ran 7 miles in my minimalist shoes... I thought I had conditioned into them enough. I guess ill switch back to traditional shoes. In the meantime my arch has been in pain the last few days. I cant wait to run again!
I think some just can't run long distances in those, for whatever reason--old injuries, over pronation. For me, it was an old ankle injury (chipped bone) that they made flare up. I wear them for training and what not, but for runs longer than 4-5 miles, I wear reg running shoes.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #56
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Dayum. What does one do for nerve issues like that? Would acupuncture help? Never tried it, but some swear by it.



I think some just can't run long distances in those, for whatever reason--old injuries, over pronation. For me, it was an old ankle injury (chipped bone) that they made flare up. I wear them for training and what not, but for runs longer than 4-5 miles, I wear reg running shoes.
i set up an appointment with a neurologist in about 2 weeks, but as luck would have it, i have to give a presentation at work and postpone the appointment
__________________
Mike Larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #57
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
i set up an appointment with a neurologist in about 2 weeks, but as luck would have it, i have to give a presentation at work and postpone the appointment
Whatta PITA. Hope it works out
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #58
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,086
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Whatta PITA. Hope it works out
Pita in this case is very appropriate ... pain in the arm


My left shoulder finally feels better
But
My right elbow is a little bothersome

Damn old age

Oh and my knees are overall much better
More warmup and use of the knee sleeves have helped a lot

[bimmerapp]
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #59
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Other than my lower back still getting really really tight when I squat I am pain free.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #60
DILLA
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 1,398
My Ride: 330i ZHP
For the past year I've been recovering from lower back slipped L5, dislocated SI joint, bulging disks in neck, 2 busted ankles, knee pain, hip pain, and left rotator cuff pain. I wish I knew what no pain felt like again.
All of the injuries are not lifting related, but working out has reduced the pain over time.
__________________
LRx
DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use