E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #41
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Eh, the OP article is ok. It's going to be a great article for those who support R's and a not so great article for those who support D's. Both parties are at fault for this stuff, plain and simple.

I think this is an interesting question.....let's assume all roles are reversed. Republican POTUS, senate and congress numbers reversed (more R's than D's), etc. If the Democrats put forward a funding bill that had a mandatory federal background check for firearms and mandatory registration attached to the bill...the Republicans would obviously not approve of that bill and would vote accordingly, right? In that instance, who would be at fault for shutting down the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP Article
Since we cannot read minds, we cannot say who — if anybody — “wants to shut down the government.”
Except for those Republicans who were glad that "they" shut down the government, or alternatively, took blame for it, ala McCain.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #42
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I've always wondered why republicans are so willing to believe anything they read (if it's from a source tht the republican party backs or vice versa).

And they always act so butthurt when that source is proved to be FOS. Why can't they accept the truth?
self fulfilling prophecy and/or self-licking ice cream cone
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #43
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
self fulfilling prophecy and/or self-licking ice cream cone
This made me
Sick Days - Unlimited
Working Days in 2013 - 159
Accountability for poor performance - None
Healthcare - Top notch

Want to complain about entitlements.....start with Congress.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #44
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
If it makes me a bigot to dismiss someone who takes the word "change" and proceeds to use that as a legitimate reason to make a connection to Mao and Hitler, then so be it.
No, it doesn't make you a bigot, though we could easily conclude that you don't like black people since you know, Sowell is African-American and of course any disagreement with his ideas is you know, racist. And he probably hates poor people, so therefore you do too.

But, rather than making you a bigot because you don't understand Sowell's message in that particular piece, it really just points out your ignorance.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #45
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Eh, the OP article is ok. It's going to be a great article for those who support R's and a not so great article for those who support D's. Both parties are at fault for this stuff, plain and simple.

I think this is an interesting question.....let's assume all roles are reversed. Republican POTUS, senate and congress numbers reversed (more R's than D's), etc. If the Democrats put forward a funding bill that had a mandatory federal background check for firearms and mandatory registration attached to the bill...the Republicans would obviously not approve of that bill and would vote accordingly, right? In that instance, who would be at fault for shutting down the government?

Except for those Republicans who were glad that "they" shut down the government, or alternatively, took blame for it, ala McCain.
Agreed, which has been the case in this thread. Amazing at how much diversity one topic can create.

The discussion was aimed more so at recognizing as you stated, both parties at fault, and not one or the other. As I've always stated, the ACA has good bits of progression in store for this nation, but I think the spending limits called out in that act should be formally reviewed and have itemizations behind them. Otherwise X amount of dollars only get used, but X amount of dollars were allotted, now what to do with the difference (if there is one) that has been lawfully freed up for spending?

Maybe I need to read through and review the bill again.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #46
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
It frosts me no end when the Obama sycophants holler racism if anyone dare disagree with the anointed one, for any reason but I will not stoop to their level and play the same game.

I don't see anything bigoted in dismissing Sowell, it may indicate a lack of serious thought, or ability to see both sides of an issue but knock off the bigot talk. It makes us sound like Liberals.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #47
LostMarine

My Ride: Evolve Supercharged
lefties talk about truth, never speak the truth. Id love to know how their thought process works when reality, history, common sense, and factual information is set aside.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #48
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
lefties talk about truth, never speak the truth. Id love to know how their thought process works when reality, history, common sense, and factual information is set aside.
It works just like the republicans' do 24/7.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #49
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #50
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post
When you set aside reality, history, common sense and factual information? You get the Tea Party?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #51
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #52
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxual328ci View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 10-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #53
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Can't quote that video enough. I hope you like it, because you're going to see it often.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #54
phrozen06

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #55
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Can't quote that video enough. I hope you like it, because you're going to see it often.
What's the big deal? So the Reps voted to restrict certain privileges to only Reps.? What's the point of a majority if they can't do what they want?

Pay attention people. Although those like Lair are in a minority here in this thread, facts aren't made by a 'count,' but by being true, no matter how many believe them.

If you don't know who shut down the gov't, you should stop getting your news from wherever you're getting it. The Reps took the baseball, bats, and gloves; they're holding them in their hands, and pointing at the Dems saying, "they took the ball." That they think Americans will buy this is just another sign of how little regard they have for the citizenry. It's frightening. The ends justify the means, huh? Nice .

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #56
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post

Pay attention people. Although those like Lair are in a minority here in this thread, facts aren't made by a 'count,' but by being true, no matter how many believe them.

If you don't know who shut down the gov't, you should stop getting your news from wherever you're getting it. The Reps took the baseball, bats, and gloves; they're holding them in their hands, and pointing at the Dems saying, "they took the ball." That they think Americans will buy this is just another sign of how little regard they have for the citizenry. It's frightening. The ends justify the means, huh? Nice
As soon as someone uses this phrase when trying to make a point, I can't help but tune him out.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #57
bimmerfan08

Quote:
What's the big deal? So the Reps voted to restrict certain privileges to only Reps.? What's the point of a majority if they can't do what they want?

If you don't know who shut down the gov't, you should stop getting your news from wherever you're getting it. The Reps took the baseball, bats, and gloves; they're holding them in their hands, and pointing at the Dems saying, "they took the ball." That they think Americans will buy this is just another sign of how little regard they have for the citizenry. It's frightening. The ends justify the means, huh? Nice .
Stop going to bat for only one side. Leave that to the MLB pros.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch

Old 10-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #58
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Stop going to bat for only one side. Leave that to the MLB pros.
in bi-partisan fashion, both Dems and Reps should take up bats against the Tea Party and their elected Congressmen.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #59
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
As soon as someone uses this phrase when trying to make a point, I can't help but tune him out.
And when people have no clue how to verify information and just buy what they're being handed by the sources they believe unquestioningly, I can't help but begin that way.

I get pissed when I see millions being lied to and there's no way to get them the truth, because the truth comes from places they don't expose themselves to, preferring an insular life where only what they believe is true. I suppose it must be nice for them, but I think people should accept reality.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #60
bimmerfan08

Quote:
And when people have no clue how to verify information and just buy what they're being handed by the sources they believe unquestioningly, I can't help but begin that way.

I get pissed when I see millions being lied to and there's no way to get them the truth, because the truth comes from places they don't expose themselves to, preferring an insular life where only what they believe is true. I suppose it must be nice for them, but I think people should accept reality.
You're entitled to your opinion but that's all.
Sick Days - Unlimited
Healthcare - Top notch