E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,814
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
meh, not as fast as my buddies 323...


Badass cars right there. Just amazing...I'd love to see a McLaren F1 line up with them just to see how bad they would smack it.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #22
bmwti
yuppie racing
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,959
My Ride: 2008 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
meh, not as fast as my buddies 323...


Badass cars right there. Just amazing...I'd love to see a McLaren F1 line up with them just to see how bad they would smack it.
Top gear put up a Bugatti next to the mclaren and the mclaren f1 easily held its own for a majority of the run.

Makes you realize how awesome the old car is- rwd, no launch control, no forced induction, no techno gizmos just pure performance car.
__________________

Last edited by bmwti; 10-12-2013 at 12:31 AM.
bmwti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #23
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 55
My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Nice to see someone pull away from a Veyron. That said if the engineers of Bugatti wanted to they could increase the power by a lot given the displacement, just add boost.
__________________
DOGE Crew
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #24
kuksul08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,108
My Ride: M3
that koensdsgsdgkjsdghksdgsd looks so much better
__________________

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #25
alphawhiskey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tango
Posts: 18
My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMuchFun View Post
I always hated the veyron, just to big and ugly of a car for me, good to know koenigsegg can show up bugatti.
Go look at a Veyron in person. It's smaller than a Lambo Aventador in real life. It only looks big in pics/videos.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #26
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
both cars are .... and the veyron in person will give anybody a boner.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #27
ToMuchFun
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 146
My Ride: E46 325i
Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse VS Koenigsegg Agera R

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Go look at a Veyron in person. It's smaller than a Lambo Aventador in real life. It only looks big in pics/videos.
Ive seen pics of chicks in bikinis next to it, it is pretty small, but the car weighs two tons, a zr1 beats the veyron around the ring.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by ToMuchFun; 10-12-2013 at 07:59 AM.
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMuchFun View Post
Ive seen pics of chicks in bikinis next to it, it is pretty small, but the car weighs two tons, a zr1 beats the veyron around the ring.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
that's the dumbest fvcking argument ever. the bugatti veyron was built for different reasons than to be fast around the ring. you can't even begin to comprehend what went into building a veyron. it's little shits like you that sit on the net and start talking **** about things they don't fully understand. i'll give you the ugly argument because beauty IS in the eye of the beholder but to use the argument that a CHEAPER zr1 is faster around the ring is retarded. don't forget that vw is losing a TON of money on a single veyron built. it's not a assembly belt type of car...
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #29
ToMuchFun
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 146
My Ride: E46 325i
Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse VS Koenigsegg Agera R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
that's the dumbest fvcking argument ever. the bugatti veyron was built for different reasons than to be fast around the ring. you can't even begin to comprehend what went into building a veyron. it's little shits like you that sit on the net and start talking **** about things they don't fully understand. i'll give you the ugly argument because beauty IS in the eye of the beholder but to use the argument that a CHEAPER zr1 is faster around the ring is retarded. don't forget that vw is losing a TON of money on a single veyron built. it's not a assembly belt type of car...
Im just saying man, that car goes fast in a straight line, that is it. Ad some twists and a 120k vette will eat it alive.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by ToMuchFun; 10-12-2013 at 08:18 AM.
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #30
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMuchFun View Post
Im just saying man, that car goes fast in a straight line, that is it. Ad some twists and a 120k vette will eat it alive.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
but at the end of the day it's still just a vette.....
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #31
ToMuchFun
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 146
My Ride: E46 325i
Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse VS Koenigsegg Agera R

Thats why id pick the koenigsegg, faster in a straight line, and faster around the track dunno.
A guy trades a veyron for a zr1 a few years back dunno.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #32
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,491
My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Re: Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse VS Koenigsegg Agera R

Dudes the Veyron is an eight year old car that was done as a design study by VW just to say that they could make a 1000hp 250mph road car. At its time it was an incredible piece of engineering and design work but that was a long time ago and the fact that it took koenigsegg eight years to make the agera r that's better than the veyron is a testament to that. So yes the agera r is better but it's not really a comparison at this point.

Besides, the agera's interior isn't what I'd call luxurious either. I'm sure the car is also less comfortable and louder.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #33
ImPulSe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NYC & Long Island
Posts: 751
My Ride: Bentley GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Dudes the Veyron is an eight year old car that was done as a design study by VW just to say that they could make a 1000hp 250mph road car. At its time it was an incredible piece of engineering and design work but that was a long time ago and the fact that it took koenigsegg eight years to make the agera r that's better than the veyron is a testament to that. So yes the agera r is better but it's not really a comparison at this point.

Besides, the agera's interior isn't what I'd call luxurious either. I'm sure the car is also less comfortable and louder.

Bro, you mad?
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #34
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
i think the point has been missed. the veyron was never designed as a track car. it was designed as a technological marvel. it showcases what is possible in the automotive world. i would rather have a veyron and lose the 0.1% of those match ups on a track, but enjoy driving bliss on the roads. clarkson drove this car across europe and was not even complaining of a back ache. the agera r would ruin your spine in an hour at highway speeds.

its cool that it is quicker, but what did thry prove? at the end of the day, after the bar was set, they could beat it in one category.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
i think the point has been missed. the veyron was never designed as a track car. it was designed as a technological marvel. it showcases what is possible in the automotive world. i would rather have a veyron and lose the 0.1% of those match ups on a track, but enjoy driving bliss on the roads. clarkson drove this car across europe and was not even complaining of a back ache. the agera r would ruin your spine in an hour at highway speeds.

its cool that it is quicker, but what did thry prove? at the end of the day, after the bar was set, they could beat it in one category.
still apple and iphone sucks
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #36
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,814
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwti View Post
Top gear put up a Bugatti next to the mclaren and the mclaren f1 easily held its own for a majority of the run.

Makes you realize how awesome the old car is- rwd, no launch control, no forced induction, no techno gizmos just pure performance car.
I still contend that that race was rigged to make the F1 look great still. The very on should have smoked it off the line, but they didn't launch it. Veyron should ave been in front by a large margin the whole time.

Not that I'm a fan of it really...the F1 is my dream car.

But these two cars are even faster than they veyron used in that race. The obliteration would have been total.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #37
ToMuchFun
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 146
My Ride: E46 325i
Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse VS Koenigsegg Agera R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
i think the point has been missed. the veyron was never designed as a track car. it was designed as a technological marvel. it showcases what is possible in the automotive world. i would rather have a veyron and lose the 0.1% of those match ups on a track, but enjoy driving bliss on the roads. clarkson drove this car across europe and was not even complaining of a back ache. the agera r would ruin your spine in an hour at highway speeds.

its cool that it is quicker, but what did thry prove? at the end of the day, after the bar was set, they could beat it in one category.
They actually custom make the seat in the agera specifically for you


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #38
ToMuchFun
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 146
My Ride: E46 325i
Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse VS Koenigsegg Agera R

On another note, I raced a s63 amg today, 4 people in the amg, I made it off the line first and the amg didn't catch up to me till 55, i was pleased.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ToMuchFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #39
RidinBimmerz
Registered User
 
RidinBimmerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ATL/SW FL
Posts: 2,748
My Ride: Porsche 997 S
I'm with you OP, the Bugatti is big and ugly. I also happen to think the Agera R is gorgeous and yes, I have seen one in person. Up close at a local car meet.
__________________

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #40
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 531
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMuchFun View Post
On another note, I raced a s63 amg today, 4 people in the amg, I made it off the line first and the amg didn't catch up to me till 55, i was pleased.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
In a 325. horseshit
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use