E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #41
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
I responded because it was not understandable.

what kind of meds are you on?
I thought it was pretty simple.

Live your life how you want to. If you meet a girl do not give up your passions and dreams just to accommodate her.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #42
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I eat about 1.5lb of meat, but I think my issue is that I don't eat enough carbs. I just started today. I'm gonna stuff my face. I was afraid of gaining fat, but the winter is here some fat won't hurt.

I checked Justin's program from your reddit link, the workouts volume is rather low. Don't you think?
My workouts are similar but instead of 3 exercises 3 sets each; I aim for 5-6 exercises 3 sets each. I wonder sometimes what's the right amount.
http://70sbig.com/wp-content/uploads..._S&CP_v2.0.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
About a year ago Justin Lascek did an AMA on reddit. Here is my question to him. About 3 months ago is when I thought back at what he told me and it helped me where I am right now. That program is pretty much the baseline of what I am doing now.

basically eat 1.5-2lbs of meat a day, and lots of potatoes with a lot of butter.

http://www.reddit.com/r/weightroom/c...comama/c5umgos
z00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #43
DylloS

Getting demotivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I eat about 1.5lb of meat, but I think my issue is that I don't eat enough carbs. I just started today. I'm gonna stuff my face. I was afraid of gaining fat, but the winter is here some fat won't hurt.

I checked Justin's program from your reddit link, the workouts volume is rather low. Don't you think?
My workouts are similar but instead of 3 exercises 3 sets each; I aim for 5-6 exercises 3 sets each. I wonder sometimes what's the right amount.
http://70sbig.com/wp-content/uploads..._S&CP_v2.0.pdf
It seems low to some that's why I add some stuff and always do a related metcon. So on a day squats and press is scheduled I will do some metcon that will hit legs and shoulders. It seems to be working for me. I think the way you look is more about diet than trying to figure out the perfect rep scheme.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #44
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Getting demotivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
in response to you lmfao

i've lived on the street

if you are insinuating that a person is not tough by their actions in the gym you are part of the group that thinks the gym is a social club where you hang out and talk about the girls you banged with your boys

i push through martial arts cardio

not understanding that it isn't your day when throwing weights around and subjecting yourself to injury is complete stupidity

push on
Nope I don't hang out in the gym. I train at a private gym.

What type of martial arts do you do? I've been fighting as a pro mixed martial arts fighter for 8yrs, I'm a pro Muay Thai fighter, pro boxer, also hold a high purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. So seems like we're both "tough"

Leezy321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #45
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army

My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I thought it was pretty simple.

Live your life how you want to. If you meet a girl do not give up your passions and dreams just to accommodate her.
OIC.

spending all your money on supplements and living in a gym = passion. got it!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #46
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army

My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
i'm just messing with you.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
z00

High Purple? That's what I blaze bro. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Nope I don't hang out in the gym. I train at a private gym.

What type of martial arts do you do? I've been fighting as a pro mixed martial arts fighter for 8yrs, I'm a pro Muay Thai fighter, pro boxer, also hold a high purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. So seems like we're both "tough"

Last edited by z00; 10-15-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #48
DylloS

Getting demotivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
OIC.

spending all your money on supplements and living in a gym = passion. got it!
Living in a gym aka owning my own cf box and spending the majority of my time there would be my dream.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #49
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
High Purple? That's what I blaze bro. lol
you usually have to remain at purple for 1.5 yrs or so before testing up in jui jitsu, so i'd imagine he means he's been purple for a while

in response, i take krav maga and karate,now

have taken braz jui jitsu and tae kwon do in past

belts mean nothing, just cuz you retain a belt doesn't mean you retain the knowledge, have quick reflexes, dexterity etc etc

i've seen blacks get beat down by greens

you should know this

and no, i'm not getting into a debate with you

i choose to leave the gym when i don't feel into it

live the way you wish, but don't claim someone isn't pushing through because it's the way you do it

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #50
Leezy321

Getting demotivated

Quote:
you usually have to remain at purple for 1.5 yrs or so before testing up in jui jitsu, so i'd imagine he means he's been purple for a while

belts mean nothing, just cuz you retain a belt doesn't mean you retain the knowledge, have quick reflexes, dexterity etc etc
Completely false... Belts (in BJJ) have no time table. It usually takes 10 years to reach black belt and that's if you're an above average learner. 7 years or less for a prodigy. And even that completely depends on who you get your belt under. Since I never trained in a gi for the first 8+ years that I grappled, I started at white belt even though I'm black belt level. I've beat black belts in competition. And I've knocked out black belts in mma fights.

And yes, I know belts mean nothing. I was simply using it in terms you could understand. Since you're into "martial arts".

You can down play my training/experience all you want.

Last edited by Leezy321; 10-16-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #51
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
You're saying I'm just making up excuses to skip workouts?

As far as not being big, it's my choice, my ideal weight would 170-175lbs at 9% BF. Big and not toned is NOT what I want.
Not really but I've only left the gym once after getting there..I was afraid I was gonna **** my shorts.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #52
z00

I have sharted already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Not really but I've only left the gym once after getting there..I was afraid I was gonna **** my shorts.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #53
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
Completely false... Belts (in BJJ) have no time table. It usually takes 10 years to reach black belt and that's if you're an above average learner. 7 years or less for a prodigy. And even that completely depends on who you get your belt under. Since I never trained in a gi for the first 8+ years that I grappled, I started at white belt even though I'm black belt level. I've beat black belts in competition. And I've knocked out black belts in mma fights.

And yes, I know belts mean nothing. I was simply using it in terms you could understand. Since you're into "martial arts".

You can down play my training/experience all you want.

1.5 yrs is min to remain at purple,before you can advance, each belt is diff time table

not downplaying anything, you laughed at a guy that wanted to leave after a set based on how he was feeling

ya know , the "lmfao" comment?

if anyone is downplaying anyone it's you sir

we are all very proud of your belts and who you've knocked out

just goes to show, belts don't get you maturity

i rest my case

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 10-16-2013 at 01:22 PM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #54
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
If it's consolation I went 5 years without really missing a workout until this Feb. I've been so incredibly busy and in turn run down that I was getting to the gym sometimes only once a week until the start of this month. I was content knowing the gym wasn't really happening but I just remained focused on what I was doing in my life during the time.

My point is whatever you have going on in your life ,work, gf, depression wtf ever, focus on handling it 100%..Don't try to juggle things if you cannot put 100% effort into the things you are currently juggling. Taking 30% away from a task so you can put only 70% into a workout is pointless.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
z00

An update. It was not the ex gf, work, or depression.

I have been on a low carb (less than 50g a day) for 4 months. That made me lose my energy even though it helped with getting leaner. After a couple of days of having 200g+ of carbs, I have been lifting like a MF. This forum is awesome.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #56
Leezy321

Getting demotivated

Quote:
1.5 yrs is min to remain at purple,before you can advance, each belt is diff time table

not downplaying anything, you laughed at a guy that wanted to leave after a set based on how he was feeling

ya know , the "lmfao" comment?

if anyone is downplaying anyone it's you sir

we are all very proud of your belts and who you've knocked out

just goes to show, belts don't get you maturity

i rest my case
Again, you're posting information that's false. There is no "minimum" time table. BJ Penn received his black belt in 3 years. Obviously he wasn't stuck at purple belt for 1.5 years. It completely depends on the coach/trainer that you receive your belt under. Please don't speak about information to which you have no clue about. Your fake "martial arts" or cardio kick boxing classes don't give you the right to give out inaccurate information.

Ya I know, you're 47 years old and have been through all that life has to offer. What I have to say couldn't possibly be correct bcuz I'm "immature"? I don't expect anyone on here to be proud of my belts or my accomplishments. I was simply stating my opinion.

Last edited by Leezy321; 10-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #57
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Getting demotivated

Quote:

I have been on a low carb (less than 50g a day) for 4 months. That made me lose my energy even though it helped with getting leaner. After a couple of days of having 200g+ of carbs, I have been lifting like a MF. This forum is awesome.
Good stuff. I can't do without carbs - I Always end up with an headache if I don't eat enough

Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #58
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:

From the diet you posted you had no energy source... high protein, low carb, low fat. That is a recipe for lethargy. Glad you figured it out
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #59
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Got a great workout in on a Friday, this thread motivated me.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #60
330ism

My Ride: 2004 330I ZHP
Getting demotivated

Your welcome!!