E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Rallier calls for revolution, for Obama to put the Quran down and leave town! Classy!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...own/?hpt=hp_t2

Washington (CNN) - Angered by the closure of national landmarks due to the partial government shutdown, a crowd of conservatives removed barricades Sunday at the World War II Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial as they rallied against President Barack Obama and Democrats for their role in the ongoing stalemate.
High-profile speakers with close ties to the tea party appeared at the event, including former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.

The rally, billed as the "Million Vet March on the Memorials," drew far fewer than a million people and evolved into a protest that resembled familiar tea party events from 2009, with yellow "Don't Tread On Me" flags throughout the crowd and strong anti-Obama language from the podium and the audience.
One speaker went as far as saying the president was a Muslim and separately urged the crowd of hundreds to initiate a peaceful uprising.
"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.
Shutdown drags on: 'It's taken far too long'
On the first day of the government shutdown, October 1, a group of World War II veterans was barred from entering the open-air memorial. But with the help of a few Republican members of Congress, the veterans removed the barricades and streamed onto the site, as security guards stood aside.
The Department of Interior has since said that veterans with the Honor Flight program will be permitted to visit the memorial as part of their First Amendment rights, but otherwise the site is closed to the general public until the government reopens.
Veterans groups to push to end government shutdown
Cruz, the senator who's become the face of the Republican stance in the shutdown, attacked the Obama administration for fencing off the memorial and other national monuments, saying the closures were nothing but a political ploy.
"This is the people's memorial. Let me ask a simple question. Why is the federal government spending money to erect barricades to keep veterans out of this memorial?" he asked. "Our veterans should be above politics. Enough games."
Demonstrators removed the barricades Sunday at the rally, tossing them into a pile nearby. After the speeches, the crowd wandered down to the nearby Lincoln Memorial and removed its barriers as well. When some officers tried to put them back up, protesters took them from the officers' hands and carried them away from the memorial.
"You look around though and you see these barricades and you have to ask yourself, is this any way that a commander in chief would show his respect, his gratitude to our military? This is a matter of shutdown priorities," Palin said.
RNC offers to pay for WWII memorial guards
Anti-Obama sentiments echoed throughout the crowd Sunday, with one protester yelling out "punk" to describe the president and one speaker saying Obama is not the president of "the" people but "his" people. Multiple signs read "Impeach Obama."
Asked last week whether the White House had any say in the closure of the World War II Memorial, spokesman Jay Carney said Republicans were at fault.
"Every House Republican who has decried any impact from this shutdown, as if they were surprised that it would happen, clearly didn't pay attention when every agency of the federal government posted on their websites ... what would happen if the government were shut down, including the closing of national memorials and national parks," he said at a press briefing.
"If any member of Congress who got in front of a television camera to try to get some attention on this issue spent half that time on the floor of the House voting to open the government, we wouldn't have a problem," he added.
Photo by Brian Rokus

Later on Sunday, some people from the rally walked over to Pennsylvania Avenue carrying the barricades and dumped them in front of the White House. While they gathered peacefully for the most part, some were more vocal and shouted at police on horseback. "You work for us," some chanted.
At one point, some pushing and shoving took place as police in riot gear began to put up some barricades in front of part of the White House fence.
Tourists were also among the mix Sunday, taking pictures as normal, while others simply came out of curiosity.
Ashley Killough wrote; Shannon Travis and Brian Rokus reported from the National Mall and the White House. CNN's Jim Acosta also contributed from the White House.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
This is why people like this are not taken seriously. Instead of pointing the finger at the President, they should also look towards Congress. Heaven forbid they hold their own voted-in Congressmen accountable.

Obama is not even a Muslim

Quote:
"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman
lol - he is no Ghandi.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
IB4 "this doesn't represent the TP/Conservative Right" by the same people who repeatedly post the "Obama gon pay for my gas and my mortgage" video insisting it represents all Democrat voters

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3

This is hilarious.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
MDydinanM

Rallier calls for revolution, for Obama to put the Quran down and leave town! C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

This is hilarious.
I don't think so at all. This mindset is not helpful and only breeds hate and discontent that spreads among the disenfranchised and self perceived victims that are looking for someone/something to blame.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
I don't think so at all. This mindset is not helpful and only breeds hate and discontent that spreads among the disenfranchised and self perceived victims that are looking for someone/something to blame.

Education is key. Educating the masses and being open and honest is in another ballpark. Obama needs to figure out his "dislike" audience and effectively hone in on their concerns and struggles. This is an opportunity for him to bring unity to the nation despite the BS we are seeing with congress.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
You have Sharpton, we have O'Reilly.

You have Jackson we have Cruz.

Nut cases on both sides of the aisle.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Education is key. Educating the masses and being open and honest is in another ballpark. Obama needs to figure out his "dislike" audience and effectively hone in on their concerns and struggles. This is an opportunity for him to bring unity to the nation despite the BS we are seeing with congress.
Obama could do whatever the person in the OP desired and it wouldn't change many peoples minds, I don't think.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
MDydinanM

Quote:
Education is key. And I wish people would take it upon themselves to educate themselves further when they can. Too often people such as this Larry Klayman guy prey on people that are easily manipulated and are bonded together by some perceived common cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Obama could do whatever the person in the OP desired and it wouldn't change many peoples minds, I don't think.
+1

some people are never satisfied.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 10-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
'busa

Quote:
IB4 "this doesn't represent the TP/Conservative Right" by the same people who repeatedly post the "Obama gon pay for my gas and my mortgage" video insisting it represents all Democrat voters
Not to mention that this was a promoted even with current and former Republican politicians in attendance.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #11
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Not to mention that this was a promoted even with current and former Republican politicians in attendance.
Namely Palin and Cruz.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Quote:
Education is key. And I wish people would take it upon themselves to educate themselves further when they can. Too often people such as this Larry Klayman guy prey on people that are easily manipulated and are bonded together by some perceived common cause.

+1

some people are never satisfied.

So then let's think about this...

What could potentially be the underlying reason for these people insinuating hateful remarks towards Obama?

Is it his skin color? His policies? His leadership style? His train of thought? The recent events with regards to the government? There has to be something at the core. Hate doesn't just spew itself from nothing.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
'busa

Quote:

What could potentially be the underlying reason for these people insinuating hateful remarks towards Obama?

Is it his skin color? His policies? His leadership style? His train of thought? The recent events with regards to the government? There has to be something at the core. Hate doesn't just spew itself from nothing.
Paranoia and profit-driven hate-mongering?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
MDydinanM

Quote:

How about all of the above that is perpetuated by fundamental misunderstandings caused by misinformation, the uniformed, or people with an agenda.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Paranoia and profit-driven hate-mongering?
Even then if that were the case, there is something further behind that. That's too broad of a guess. Narrow it down if you can. I just don't know unless it's asked "why".
Old 10-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
MDydinanM

Quote:
Even then if that were the case, there is something further behind that. That's too broad of a guess. Narrow it down if you can. I just don't know unless it's asked "why".
There is more than one answer

Old 10-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up," said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch, a conservative political advocacy group.
I'm pretty sure the first American revolution wasn't nonviolent.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Not in the least. But it's ironic that in a country founded on violent, armed rebellion and acts of terrorism, it is considered a crime to encourage violent, armed rebellion and we're fighting a war against terrorism.
If we close our eyes, we'll maybe realize there's more to life than what we have known.
And I can't believe I've spent so long living lies I know were wrong inside,
I've just begun to see the light.
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Xcelratr; 10-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
bimmerfan08

Quote:
There is more than one answer

Precisely, but we haven't the slightest clue as to what they may be until we ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Re: Rallier calls for revolution, for Obama to put the Quran down and leave town! Cla

Quote:
I forgot about those. I wonder how it worked out for them? Do you remember the older lady at the press conference right after he won asking him for a car?

Sent from my Obamaphone