E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Jennifer Rubin, conservative columnist: 20 signs you’ve drunk the (rightwing) KoolAid

There has been, to put it mildly, some mass self-delusion going on in right-wing circles. Here’s how to tell if you are suffering from the ill-effects of the echo chamber:
Sen. Ted Cruz (Jim Lo Scalzo / EPA)

1. You think Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) has it nailed when he tells the Value Voters Summit that the Dems are “feeling the heat” in the shutdown fight.
2. You think the problem is Ken Cuccinelli isn’t conservative enough.
3. You think if only the shutdown went on longer the GOP would win this fight.
4. You think poll numbers showing the plummeting favorability of Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Cruz’s 2-to-1 negatives are “skewed.”
5. You think that if the GOP doesn’t win the shutdown fight it will be because of the mainstream media.
6. You think Americans want to shut down the government to get rid of Obamacare.
7. You think the problem is that Cruz didn’t talk long enough or that the media didn’t cover his 21-hour speech fairly.
8. You think the right-wingers who lost Senate races in 2010 and 2012 should run for the Senate in 2014 because the GOP “let them down.”
9. You think it is better to have 30 “true conservatives” than 51 Republicans in the U.S. Senate.
10. You think Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) had it wrong when he backed immigration reform and right when he went to bat for the shutdown strategy.
11. You think the biggest threat to the GOP is politicians like Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.). You think it’s about time someone primaried Sens. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) or John Cornyn (R-Tex.) from the right.
12. You think the GOP should have stood pat on the shutdown.
13. You think Hispanics will never vote for Republicans so there is no use in pursuing immigration reform. You think it is fine for the GOP to win elections relying almost entirely on white voters.
14. You think Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) is a sell out because he thinks repealing Obamacare can only happen by electing a GOP Senate majority and capturing the White House.
15. You think Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) have betrayed the conservative movement.
16. You think the GOP needs candidates like Ted Cruz to run in for Senate places like Michigan, Virginia and Colorado.
17. You think the GOP would have done better with Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum or Ron Paul as its 2012 presidential nominee. You think Santorum blew it when he stopped talking about contraception.
18. You think Republicans should run hard at the national level on a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage.
19. You think President Ronald Reagan would decry compromise and support primarying the Senate minority leader.
20. You think right-wing talk radio hosts are a good barometer of American public opinion.
If you answered “yes” to more than half of these, it’s time to rethink your political assumptions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-the-kool-aid/
Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
There are super right folks who may align to a few if not all of them. The vast majority of us don't.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
This is more like "20 things Democrats think all Republicans are."
Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Re: Jennifer Rubin, conservative columnist: 20 signs you've drunk the (rightwing) Koo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
This is more like "20 things Democrats think all Republicans are."
I can make you a list of websites I am on where you can find all or most of the above represented by a significant percentage of the people participating in political "discussions" if you want...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Wraisil; 10-15-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Wraisil is online now   Reply With Quote