E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
mham

My Ride: 2000 323i
rhode island

Whats good everyone jus picked up my first bmw 2000 323i love the car needs a few little things but wondering if anyone in the area whats to get up and go over car maybe im missing some things or some ideas let me know 401-418-0162 shoot me a text
mham is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Post some pics of your car for starters

Congrats!
2004 TiAg ///M l BC Racing BR Coilovers l Navigation | BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | OEM black interior retrofit | Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
mham

Ill have to take some more tommorow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131008_174559.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	531337  
Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
cak323i

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Have you checked to see if your 323 has had the rear subframe reinforcement done to it yet? If not, this is one thing you should plan to do. When I had my 323i, I discovered a 20mm tear in my rear subframe and got my dealership to perform the repairs/reinforcement under warranty. Paying for this out of pocket can be expensive! That's the first thing that comes to mind....

Also think about the following....
- cooling system overhaul
- check your brake system (fluids, calipers, rotors, and lines)
- transmission (manual only)/diff fluids
- DISA

Winter is around the corner.....do you have good all-seasons mounted or do you have a separate set of winter tires/wheels? Something to think about now....

Those come to mind at present......if you're looking to mod, be sure to address all the required maintenance on your 323i first. It won't help you if you have a modded car but can't drive it because of insufficient maintenance....
2004 TiAg ///M l BC Racing BR Coilovers l Navigation | BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | OEM black interior retrofit | Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
mham

What does the cooling system overhaul consist of and where would this tear be I got a guy that does all my welding so if its there I can get it fixed preety cheap haha
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
boatshoe

My Ride: '03 330xi
Maybe we'll see you around. Some new headlight lenses would really freshen the front end.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
mham

Re: rhode island

Yea I just talked to my buddy he said if I prep them hell reclear them for $50 or I could prep them and reclear myself up in the air on it suggestions???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 10-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
defEddie

For another $20-30 on top of that 50 you could get new lenses. Its definitely worth it.

I just recently used the Maguiars restore kit on my fog lights which looked like crap. It exceeded my expectations but would still look like crap next to a new lens. Unfortunately, this part only comes as a whole assembly for about $80-90.

How many miles on the car? You may want to check the Guibo and the center support bearing.

If the car has a sunroof, it may be worth taking some time and checking if the drain holes are clear of any leaves and dirt.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
welcome and go fck yourself A-HOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

~ the proper RI welcome
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
mham

Car has 107, 200 and sunroof holes are clear and the guibo I have no clue what that is and the center support I got to check I got a hell of a welder that does my work so if I have a problem ill have him buzz it up for me....and thankz for the welcome haha

Old 10-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
defEddie

Guibo is the flex disc in the drive shaft and the center support bearing is also part of the assembly further down that bolts to the bottom of the car. The guibo goes bad and deteriorates over time and causes vibrations if its real bad you will feel it under heavy acceleration. It could allow more play in the driveshaft and cause the center support bearing to wear out. Sometimes when thats going bad, you can hear and feel a 'clunk' when shifting gears.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by mham View Post
Ill have to take some more tommorow
Welcome to the new england forums!

Now, please, ASAP, ditch those hideous corners, and if you're going to replace them with proper clears, make sure the side markers are clear too, that orange looks terrible on titanium silver. Refinish your headlight covers or buy new ones, black out that grille and for the love of god, never, ever under any circumstances take another pic of your E46 with wheels that dirty, like ever. I have a reputation for writing sweet messages into peoples wheels when they are that dirty, you can read it more clearly than a chalkboard.

P.S. Don't mind me, I'm just a ma$$hole.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #13
mham

Haha that was picture when I first bought it kid was horriable with keeping it clean and now im leaning towards maintence also....anyone getting up in rhode island this weekend???

Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
E36graduate

My Ride: //M3
start modding ! I've got a set of style 162's with new rubber ....18" would look sweet on your E46 !! Did someone align your car because the rear looks like the camber was set positive?

Get yourself a set of HR Race Springs and lower that biatch!