E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #41
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Re: Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
What is a proper filing system to you? I guess you feel OSX doesn't have a proper filing system either?

Sent from my Apple Picker using BimmerApp Metro on Sugar Cookie Maple Syrup version 3.2
IOS is not osx. Osx is Linux based so yes it has a proper file system. I am a business systems developer so yes a proper filing system is a big thing to me.

Please try again. #comeatmebro

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #42
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Re: Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Big business does not care about you, so don't idolize them. They just care about their bottom line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

Last edited by VALMONT; 10-22-2013 at 12:45 AM.
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #43
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
IOS is not osx. Osx is Linux based so yes it has a proper file system. I am a business systems developer so yes a proper filing system is a big thing to me.

Please try again. #comeatmebro

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
No one ever said IOS is OSX. I asked a question, which you still didn't answer.

Please try again #'sareforgirlsandhipstersonnexusphones

Sent from my Apple Saucer using BimmerApp Gold Master running in IE7 on Snickers Bar w/o nuts Updated 11/09
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #44
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
Big business does not care about you, so don't idolize them. They just care about their bottom line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
Who is idolizing who? You must really hate apple so much, that anyone even remotely excited about a product for personal reasons twerks your systems developer panties.

Sent from my Apple Juicer using BimmerApp Kim Kardashian Edition
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #45
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Re: Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
No one ever said IOS is OSX. I asked a question, which you still didn't answer.

Please try again #'sareforgirlsandhipstersonnexusphones

Sent from my Apple Saucer using BimmerApp Gold Master running in IE7 on Snickers Bar w/o nuts Updated 11/09
Apple fanboys are so combative. Do you have an iPad mount on your fixie?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #46
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
Apple fanboys are so combative. Do you have an iPad mount on your fixie?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
So, that is a firm no on answering a question? Good to know.

Sent from my Apple Tree using BimmerApp Newton Edition
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #47
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Re: Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
So, that is a firm no on answering a question? Good to know.

Sent from my Apple Tree using BimmerApp Newton Edition
Why should I explain? You obviously don't really care because you use apple iOS products. So its pointless. Now answer my question. Why do you defend a company that fleeces your pockets constantly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #48
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
Why should I explain? You obviously don't really care because you use apple iOS products. So its pointless. Now answer my question. Why do you defend a company that fleeces your pockets constantly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
I would love to hear the rational from a guy openly and somewhat proudly posting from revision 7 of a phone that has been out since 2010. All this and talk of a proper file system, and yet your phone cannot even support software version 4.4 and is 1 year old, if that.

My phone is a 3 year old iPhone 4, running the latest OS. My previous phone was the original iPhone, and was updated until the day I got my 4. I am due for an upgrade now, and will be getting a 5c, because I don't need the 5s for any reason.

My mac, is a 2008 Model Pro, octo-core with 16GB of ram, with 4.3GB of internal space, mostly used for video and audio editing and recording, and the oddball windows game. I also dabble in 3D rendering and animation all as a hobby. When I open my store soon, it'll be Mac based running LightSpeed Pro for my POS system, and I'll have an Apple TV in my car so I don't have to burn CDs anymore.

Other than that, I have no skin in the game. I don't have 14 versions of the iPad at my house, or Apple routers. I don't have an apple sticker on anything in my life. I don't have an airplay device in my home, but I can plug my phone into my car.

I am the most ridiculous apple fanboi ever... One that doesn't buy apple products every time they come out. I don't have to. The hardware I choose works for years, not months, and is upgradable to current in that time period. I am considering a new Mac Pro, but I don't know if I should. Too worried about the ridicule I'll get for spending so much money on a tool I use for a personal hobby. I better just get a new Dell and play WOW.

Sent from my Apple Seed using BimmerApp Infant on Lemonade Moonshine version 6 (only available on Apple Seeds)
__________________

2002 M3

Last edited by kaput; 10-22-2013 at 01:11 AM.
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #49
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Re: Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
I would love to hear the rational from a guy openly and somewhat proudly posting from revision 7 of a phone that has been out since 2010. All this and talk of a proper file system, and yet your phone cannot even support software version 4.4 and is 1 year old, if that.

My phone is a 3 year old iPhone 4, running the latest OS. My previous phone was the original iPhone, and was updated until the day I got my 4. I am due for an upgrade now, and will be getting a 5c, because I don't need the 5s for any reason.

My mac, is a 2008 Model Pro, octo-core with 16GB of ram, with 4.3GB of internal space, mostly used for video and audio editing and recording, and the oddball windows game. I also dabble in 3D rendering and animation all as a hobby. When I open my store soon, it'll be Mac based running LightSpeed Pro for my POS system, and I'll have an Apple TV in my car so I don't have to burn CDs anymore.

Other than that, I have no skin in the game. I don't have 14 versions of the iPad at my house, or Apple routers. I don't have an apple sticker on anything in my life. I don't have an airplay device in my home, but I can plug my phone into my car.

I am the most ridiculous apple fanboi ever... One that doesn't buy apple products every time they come out. I don't have to. The hardware I choose works for years, not months, and is upgradable to current in that time period. I am considering a new Mac Pro, but I don't know if I should. Too worried about the ridicule I'll get for spending so much money on a tool I use for a personal hobby. I better just get a new Dell and play WOW.

Sent from my Apple Seed using BimmerApp Infant on Lemonade Moonshine version 6 (only available on Apple Seeds)
You see what you missed in your blind rage? I never showed support for any OS or manufacturer. I may use android products but I don't fap to them.

So keep making assumptions please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #50
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Re: Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Who is idolizing who? You must really hate apple so much, that anyone even remotely excited about a product for personal reasons twerks your systems developer panties.

Sent from my Apple Juicer using BimmerApp Kim Kardashian Edition
I'm just mess in around because it think the whole thing about apple v. Android is ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #51
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 742
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
You see what you missed in your blind rage? I never showed support for any OS or manufacturer. I may use android products but I don't fap to them.

So keep making assumptions please.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
There was no blind rage, all I said in a sarcastic tone was I own a bunch of older products which still support new os's. If you didn't pick up on the android sarcasm in the 14 posts previous, I can't help you.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #52
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian
 
Marshmallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Joisey, Mid MI
Posts: 1,989
My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
Damn, I just recently bought a mbp retina
You should be able to return it. That's how it worked in the past.
__________________

The Slum Lord Millionaire
"Stay Puft My Friends."




2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #53
Marshmallow
Yacht Club Libertarian
 
Marshmallow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Joisey, Mid MI
Posts: 1,989
My Ride: E46, E30, Quattro
Apple Oct. 22 Media Event...

So back on topic I can't wait to buy one of the new MacBook Pro's.
__________________

The Slum Lord Millionaire
"Stay Puft My Friends."




2003 BMW 325xiT "Audrey"
1987 BMW 325i "Lydia"
1990 Audi 90 Quattro Sport 20v "Chloe"

Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #54
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
It doesn't even have a proper file system and it looks like windows 3.2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
It does, but like any other Apple product you have to put in unrealistic amounts of work to access it because the training wheels have it locked down so users don't screw anything up.

I had to jailbreak and install terminal to access the file system via the phone, and install SSH to access it with a computer.
Attachment 531775
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Buy my W126!

Last edited by cowmoo32; 10-22-2013 at 09:02 AM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #55
simsima325
'a certain moderator'
 
simsima325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Posts: 37,724
My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
you can see Russia in the file structure.
__________________
-Brendan
simsima325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #56
simsima325
'a certain moderator'
 
simsima325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Hyattsville, MD
Posts: 37,724
My Ride: Honda Civic
wish they would live stream these things
__________________
-Brendan
simsima325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #57
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,287
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
in before applefanboys defend horribly outdated OS.
"I so wish I could switch my OS to windows 8"

said nobody ever.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #58
oofie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SD
Posts: 137
My Ride: 07 Fit
Send a message via AIM to oofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
wish they would live stream these things
They will:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/22/...media-event-2/
__________________
oofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #59
Silentalero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 41
My Ride: Acura MDX
Lord, relax guys.

Apple vs android vs windows vs who cares. Majority of the phones/laptops do the same things for the avg everyday user. That is Apples target and that's why they sell. I'm no hardcore laptop user, I do the same thing that i bet 90% of Murica does on them. Surf the web, play with various apps and watch some porn. I've had a mac for 8 years now and I could never go back to windows. But that's personal preference. I love my Iphone, and my Ipad, and every apple user knows we get cheated when it comes to having the newest and best thing. I mean come on, the retina screen is a scam. Your RAM is soldered into the MB and cant be upgraded, the screen resolution has no difference from the HD screen, unless you zoom in extremely small to see diff pixels. I mean we just barely got an HDMI port for the newer pro's.

But guess what, apple is gonna keep selling and until they take a heavy market share, they will continue to sell. Because once "hackers/advertisers start making viruses and spamware to attack mac, we're all up shits creek and good luck sorting the bodies.
__________________
~ 06 330ci Vert
+ 97 240sx S14 (SR20DET)

- 01 Suzuki Gsxr 750



Last edited by Silentalero; 10-22-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #60
VALMONT
The De46vil's Army
 
VALMONT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 24,582
My Ride: 325Ci, Passat
Send a message via AIM to VALMONT Send a message via MSN to VALMONT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
"I so wish I could switch my OS to windows 8"

said nobody ever.


every other iteration of windows is a steaming pile. i.e. Vista
__________________
VALMONT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use