E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Monday

Chest
Shoulders

Tuesday

Legs
Arms

Swim Practice

Wednesday

Upper back/Lats
Traps

Thursday

Legs
Arms

Swim Practice

Friday

Chest
Shoulders

Saturday

Rest/Swim Meet

Sunday

Lower/Middle Back
Traps
__________________

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 10-23-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #22
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Alright here is where me and my gf are starting at.


IMG_0890 by Torok.Designs, on Flickr


IMG_0912 by Torok.Designs, on Flickr


IMG_0902 by Torok.Designs, on Flickr


IMG_0906 by Torok.Designs, on Flickr


IMG_0908 by Torok.Designs, on Flickr
__________________

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 10-27-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #23
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,767
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
If you want to keep swimming, I'm not exactly sure you should be looking at "gains" in the realm of strength and size. And given your body style, I think that strength gains will likely lead to size gains. BUT, if you do want to put on size, you can do it. Doing it smart is the key. You likely have a high level of endurance, so overtraining for you will be at a higher level than where other people might be. Still, be cognizent of where that line is, because once you cross it, it can be wasted energy that works against your goals.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #24
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
If you want to keep swimming, I'm not exactly sure you should be looking at "gains" in the realm of strength and size. And given your body style, I think that strength gains will likely lead to size gains. BUT, if you do want to put on size, you can do it. Doing it smart is the key. You likely have a high level of endurance, so overtraining for you will be at a higher level than where other people might be. Still, be cognizent of where that line is, because once you cross it, it can be wasted energy that works against your goals.
I might not have as high of an endurance as you think. For swimming I am a sprinter. Anything over 3 laps and I die.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #25
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
My main goal is to get rid of that belly pouch around my belly button. We'll see if being more religious about working out and eating well will do that without a lot of cardio besides those two days of swim practice.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #26
Bimmer4Lyfe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 129 West 81st St. 5A, New York, New York 10024
Posts: 2,466
My Ride: 02 325i
OP buy this book and use it.

You will get more results than any dollar amount of supplements you could buy.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Beyond-Bel...2592831&sr=1-1

__________________

-j

Last edited by Bimmer4Lyfe; 10-24-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #27
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
OP buy this book and use it.

You will get more results than any dollar amount of supplements you could buy.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Beyond-Bel...2592831&sr=1-1

Not sure if you're messing around but I'm ok haha. Thanks.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #28
Bimmer4Lyfe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 129 West 81st St. 5A, New York, New York 10024
Posts: 2,466
My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
Not sure if you're messing around but I'm ok haha. Thanks.
I'm not messing around at all.

That book is one of the greatest workout plans ever written.

Research it.

I did it years ago.

When I was 20 I was 125-130 / 5-11. By the time I was 25/26 I was 205 ripped
(Of course it was not all due to the book). But I had significant gains because of it.

I spent over 8 years in Gold's gym and was the training partner of a competitive and winning bodybuilder who gave me that book as a gift. Years later I passed it on to another friend who also put it to use with great results
__________________

-j

Last edited by Bimmer4Lyfe; 10-24-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 AM   #29
Reedo302
Registered User
 
Reedo302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,767
My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
I might not have as high of an endurance as you think. For swimming I am a sprinter. Anything over 3 laps and I die.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torok.Designs View Post
My main goal is to get rid of that belly pouch around my belly button. We'll see if being more religious about working out and eating well will do that without a lot of cardio besides those two days of swim practice.
Getting rid of it may require some muscle building in the ab region. Not sure what you do now, but a lot of people make the mistake of training abs as an afterthought, when they should be treated as their own muscle group. I do abs with heavy weight, and it pays many more dividends than just doing tons of light weight stuff.
If you're not seeing results with one method, try to the other. If you haven't been doing higher weight and fewer reps with abs, give it a shot and see if it does anything for you.
Sometimes all it requires is a change in routine.
__________________



Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer


Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #30
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: - My Progress -

You're in much better shape than i expected. It looks like for abs you main focus should be in building the muscle, not burning abdominal fat.
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 AM   #31
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Fair enough.


Getting rid of it may require some muscle building in the ab region. Not sure what you do now, but a lot of people make the mistake of training abs as an afterthought, when they should be treated as their own muscle group. I do abs with heavy weight, and it pays many more dividends than just doing tons of light weight stuff.
If you're not seeing results with one method, try to the other. If you haven't been doing higher weight and fewer reps with abs, give it a shot and see if it does anything for you.
Sometimes all it requires is a change in routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
You're in much better shape than i expected. It looks like for abs you main focus should be in building the muscle, not burning abdominal fat.
You guys are definitely right about that. Not only can you see how I haven't really developed lower abs but I can feel it. When I flex the top four pop out and there just aren't any really below those four

I'm going to make abs a bigger focus and use weight like you suggested.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #32
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
I'm not messing around at all.

That book is one of the greatest workout plans ever written.

Research it.

I did it years ago.

When I was 20 I was 125-130 / 5-11. By the time I was 25/26 I was 205 ripped
(Of course it was not all due to the book). But I had significant gains because of it.

I spent over 8 years in Gold's gym and was the training partner of a competitive and winning bodybuilder who gave me that book as a gift. Years later I passed it on to another friend who also put it to use with great results
What's the workout? Not buying the book so please don't reply with "buy the book"

Here it is
http://www.bigbeyondbelief.com/BigBe...lief-eBook.pdf

Last edited by DylloS; 10-24-2013 at 10:14 AM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #33
Bimmer4Lyfe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 129 West 81st St. 5A, New York, New York 10024
Posts: 2,466
My Ride: 02 325i
Seems you found it... Didnt know you could get the whole thing on line like that... Nice

If you can be diciplined enough to really follow this, You will grow and break through plateaus that everyone faces over time
__________________

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #34
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Ok, well if I hit a plateau then I'll check that out Thanks.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #35
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange
 
MpoweredM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 13,302
My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Damn, that's a dirty ass mirror.
__________________

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #36
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Damn, that's a dirty ass mirror.
Knew there would be this comment haha. Yea it'll get cleaned sooner or later
__________________

Last edited by Torok.Designs; 10-25-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #37
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Made my own protein bars today, and they turned out pretty good. "Toasted Coconut Protein Bars".

I think I made them too big and the protein powder/flour part was too overwhelming, so next time I'll make them smaller so the chocolate and coconut flakes help overpower the taste and make it better.

I'll post up a picture later. If you haven't tried making your own though, I definitely recommend it. Easy as mixing some ingredients, shaping it and then freezing it.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #38
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 338
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Yes, post how you made the bars.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #39
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: - My Progress -

Freezing it? I always baked mine. Guessing yours didn't contain eggs?
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #40
Torok.Designs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 1,159
My Ride: E46 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Yes, post how you made the bars.
Will do tomorrow when I can post pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
Freezing it? I always baked mine. Guessing yours didn't contain eggs?
Yea you can freeze it if you don't use ingredients like eggs. I also had to get a flour that is edible raw. If that makes sense that flour is raw haha.
__________________
Torok.Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use