E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #41
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
its just like the "I read....."
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #42
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Not sure what you mean, but I've outlined in many a thread why this law will epically fail. It's not even implemented yet, and people are seeing MASSIVE increases, people are seeing their plans/doctors/hospitals being inaccessible to them, etc. If you believe this system has a chance, or its even possible to fix, then a discussion on the matter is useless. There is nothing to fix with Obamacare. It will not solve the problem it intends to. Obviously Im speculating, but so is everyone else (including washington.)
I think you and kaput's magical brother-sister combination are the only ones seeing it.

Quote:
Obviously Im speculating, but so is everyone else (including washington.)
Are you speculating that people are seeing increases? Or did you read that some place?

Last edited by badfast; 10-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #43
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I think you and kaput's magical brother-sister combination are the only ones seeing it.

Are you speculating that people are seeing increases? Or did you read that some place?
No, the increases are fact. No one with a major brand insurance carrier has seen a decrease, and anyone who claims otherwise is lying. Insurance companies dropping states is a fact. Hospitals dropping plans is fact. Doctors dropping insurance is a fact. The part about people having enough, not electing democrats, etc, thats speculation.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #44
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
The one doctor I personally know hasn't dropped any insurance plans due to obamacare (she dropped one because their paperwork was a hassle and they only allowed about a third of what she charges).
My major insurance brand hasn't changed at all. Nor has insurance changed for anyone I work with.

But, doom and gloom. Doom and gloom.

Again, try to paint a positive picture of what the republicans are trying to do for America. Doing so will help win back the moderates and really sell the vision to America.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #45
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
The one doctor I personally know hasn't dropped any insurance plans due to obamacare (she dropped one because their paperwork was a hassle and they only allowed about a third of what she charges).
My major insurance brand hasn't changed at all. Nor has insurance changed for anyone I work with.

Again, try to paint a positive picture of what the republicans are trying to do for America. Doing so will help win back the moderates and really sell the vision to America.
When did I pat the republicans on the back? I think they are all idiots (most). I thought this whole thing was moronic...but I am glad it happened, only so people can see how powerful and ill willed the government is (as a whole, parties disregarded.)

Do you and anyone you work with buy your own insurance or is it provided to you by your employer?

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 10-23-2013 at 02:50 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #46
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
some HARD trolling going on, wow

http://news.yahoo.com/individual-man...173035043.html

Some Democrats open to changing Obamacare deadlines

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #47
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Re: The Shutdown Aftermath.

Well, sure, there may well be a positive, constructive argument made for modifying the implementation dates. However, these were not the arguments and goals of the GOP's recent destructive gambits to cripple, undercut or destroy ACA outright.

Lost was bipartisan opportunity for the GOP to offer and add, in good faith, their ideas on how best to implement this law and burnish all of Congress's standing as a practical, pragmatic and cooperative institution, an opportunity squandered in a fateful and nihilistic drive for rigid, radical ideology.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #48
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
I love how Dhumb goes to great lengths above to avoid the phrase "delay the individual mandate" because even his brain may recognize that is exactly what the GOP suggested and for which he and other libturds in here called them terrorists, obstructionists, evil, etc.

At least we can all see how his mind works to maintain his delusions.
Cabrio330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #49
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
I love how Dhumb goes to great lengths above to avoid the phrase "delay the individual mandate" because even his brain may recognize that is exactly what the GOP suggested and for which he and other libturds in here called them terrorists, obstructionists, evil, etc.

At least we can all see how his mind works to maintain his delusions.
Maybe,

But I also saw it as a GOP strategy to delay it a year so they can attempt to take over the Senate in the next Senate election in 2014. Then they can repeal it if they win a majority.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #50
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Maybe,

But I also saw it as a GOP strategy to delay it a year so they can attempt to take over the Senate in the next Senate election in 2014. Then they can repeal it if they win a majority.
Likely, yes, but also time for people to see how crappy it is. You have to admit it is hilarious that the democrats seem to have gone from "not talking about it, shut down the government if you dare" to "yea we wouldn't oppose delaying it" after the GOP polling went in the crapper.

Games, games and more games...they win, we lose

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #51
Cabrio330

Quote:
Maybe,

Maybe? Really?! But make yourself feel better for being duped by the Dems by adhering to the illusion that only the GOP has devious motives and the Dems are pure.

I will agree that the Dems are winning where it counts, but it wouldn't be possible without a duplicitous press and willing sheeple.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #52
MDydinanM

Quote:
Maybe? Really?! But make yourself feel better for being duped by the Dems by adhering to the illusion that only the GOP has devious motives and the Dems are pure.

I will agree that the Dems are winning where it counts, but it wouldn't be possible without a duplicitous press and willing sheeple.
calm you t!ts.

No duping here. Obamacare doesn't affect me, at all.

sheep on Cabrio, sheep on.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #53
MDydinanM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Likely, yes, but also time for people to see how crappy it is. You have to admit it is hilarious that the democrats seem to have gone from "not talking about it, shut down the government if you dare" to "yea we wouldn't oppose delaying it" after the GOP polling went in the crapper.

Games, games and more games...they win, we lose
of course, it's all games and political maneuvering.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #54
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post

One of my doctors dropped insurance plans altogether and one quit because he couldn't continue with the insurance company increases and from drug rep pressure. Part of it was directly related to Obamacare... This is the only eperience I have so far. I have to find a new dr now.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #55
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDRick323 View Post
One of my doctors dropped insurance plans altogether and one quit because he couldn't continue with the insurance company increases and from drug rep pressure. Part of it was directly related to Obamacare... This is the only eperience I have so far. I have to find a new dr now.
So one of them takes what, only cash, now?

The other finds it more profitable to not have an income than to operate"under Obamacare" which hasn't even really taken place yet?
Old 10-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #56
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Re: The Shutdown Aftermath.

Yes on the cash and the other i think it was the last straw. And yes obamacare has been having indirect effects on dr's for a while now.

Sent from my LG-MS870 using BimmerApp mobile app

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #57
Cabrio330

Quote:
calm you t!ts.

No duping here. Obamacare doesn't affect me, at all.

sheep on Cabrio, sheep on.
Now that Manchin and other Dems are calling for a 1-year delay in the individual mandate*, what do you think their strategy is?

*Translation for Dhumb - "delaying the implementation dates"
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #58
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Yes on the cash and the other i think it was the last straw.
How does only taking cash make sense? Enlighten me, please.

Last straw or not, how does quitting one's job make financial sense for anyone?

Quote:
And yes obamacare has been having indirect effects on dr's for a while now.
You can't just say that and not say how.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #59
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
How does only taking cash make sense? Enlighten me, please.

Last straw or not, how does quitting one's job make financial sense for anyone?

You can't just say that and not say how.
make more money than some measely doctor on dat fat unemployment checkz!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #60
MDydinanM

Quote:
Now that Manchin and other Dems are calling for a 1-year delay in the individual mandate*, what do you think their strategy is?

*Translation for Dhumb - "delaying the implementation dates"
here's what I think:

1) It's naive to not think that one of many reasons the Republicans wanted to delay ACA was so they have a chance in winning the majority in the Senate. It's political strategy.

2) I'm shocked that this website issue wasn't discovered sooner. I'm wondering if anyone bothered to ask the question, or test the website, if it was fully capable to handle the load of users starting 1 October. There were plenty of warning signs from user feedback during the Govt shutdown that the website had issues.

3) Obama looks pretty silly right now. After taking a hard stance and refusing to budge on any amendments or postponement of ACA, only now to delay it until March 2014. If he, or his administration (HHS leadership specifically), bothered to take a serious look into the issues the website was facing, perhaps we could have avoided a govt shutdown for 2+ weeks and Obama could appease the GOP by saying ok, we will delay it until _________________. That would perhaps have satisfied some Republicans by a) allowing few months of delay - something they wanted, b) acknowledge that there are issues that need to be worked out - something Republicans have been saying all along.

I can see and understand why Obama took the stance he did, but if it were me, it would not be the approach I would have taken. I would have ensured that the ACA house was in order, specifically the website, asked the hard questions, and make sure the website was functional before digging my heals in. If not (which is the case), I would have extended an olive branch to the Republicans and avoided the near miss of America defaulting - or at least hope to.