E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
ApolloTheGod

My Ride: E92, E46, E36, Caddy
California deputies shoot, kill 13-year-old carrying replica assault weapon

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/23...ssault-weapon/

I am sure you could say a great many things about this and we dont know the entire story. But if I know anything about the law it is that an officer cannot legally assume someone is underage. They cannot legally assume the weapon someone is carrying is illegal to have because they do not have a permit or because they appear "too young" and he cannot assume they are breaking any law.

Of course if you make that argument at this point you would be assuming that the kid didnt do anything stupid he shouldnt have. Too early to tell, but what do you guys think?

Anyone think police should be barred from carrying weapons outside of their viechle or maybe barred from weapons in general? Similar to the UK style of policing.

Interested in what you guys have to say about this
ApolloTheGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloTheGod View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/23...ssault-weapon/

I am sure you could say a great many things about this and we dont know the entire story. But if I know anything about the law it is that an officer cannot legally assume someone is underage. They cannot legally assume the weapon someone is carrying is illegal to have because they do not have a permit or because they appear "too young" and he cannot assume they are breaking any law.

Of course if you make that argument at this point you would be assuming that the kid didnt do anything stupid he shouldnt have. Too early to tell, but what do you guys think?

Anyone think police should be barred from carrying weapons outside of their viechle or maybe barred from weapons in general? Similar to the UK style of policing.

Interested in what you guys have to say about this
you really are stupid as **** aren't you?
it's california dude. you can't legal carry a weapon of any kind openly. wtf is wrong with you
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I have no idea what's going on, and haven't read the story. Hold on while I make some wild assumptions
Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
you really are stupid as **** aren't you?
it's california dude. you can't legal carry a weapon of any kind openly. wtf is wrong with you
No you are incorrect. I will correct you properly. An officer of the law cannot legally assume you are breaking the law. With that said he cannot assume that a gun is real if he sees one. He can think whatever he wants but he better not act on it. An officer cannot come up to you and take away your gun in california. He cannot assume the thing is real
Old 10-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
This is true, I'm curious to know if the kid pointed the gun at officers or not. Seems a little extreme, but we don't really know much other then the fact that he was carrying the replica.

I personally think cops can be too hasty sometimes, and hope there was a reason to fire at the kid.

If the gun was missing the orange coloring at the end of the barrel, or it was painted over, the kid is at fault.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
NOVAbimmer

Free Mumia!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.

Hispanic male shot down by California cops... standard.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

Quote:
No you are incorrect. I will correct you properly. An officer of the law cannot legally assume you are breaking the law. With that said he cannot assume that a gun is real if he sees one. He can think whatever he wants but he better not act on it. An officer cannot come up to you and take away your gun in california. He cannot assume the thing is real
This is the point I was attempting to make. Cops make too many hasty decisions, and make mistakes in the process. They never seem to get prosecuted either.

I'd like to know more details about the story, and hope they surface eventually.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
NOVAbimmer

look at that ice in his ears. Rich hispanic kids can now be legally hunted in CA.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post
If the gun was missing the orange coloring at the end of the barrel, or it was painted over, the kid is at fault.
Yes and no. It is illegal to not have an orange tip, but once again we just dont know right now. That will be determined later on I am sure.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Yes and no. It is illegal to not have an orange tip, but once again we just dont know right now. That will be determined later on I am sure.
let the wild speculation begin!

This kid was actually targeted by the Illuminati because he had the inside track on the rap game, and they needed to silence him. Biggie actually pulled the trigger, then they found a couple low-life thugs, dressed them up in cop uniforms, and planted them at the scene.

I saw a youtube video on it.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Who cares?
Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
look at that ice in his ears. Rich hispanic kids can now be legally hunted in CA.
It's cz brah...he got the set at a pawn shop, where he also bought the replica ar15 assault shotgun

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
It's cz brah...he got the set at a pawn shop, where he also bought the replica ar15 assault shotgun
OP didn't want to jump to any hasty conclusions. Until all the facts come out, I think we have to assume that those are real diamonds.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #15
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
Who cares?
Truth.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
ApolloTheGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
Who cares?
You really should care. This country is quickly becoming a police state. I know for a fact kids have gotten killed taking their legally owned and operated airsoft guns to the park to play with. It is not okay when **** like that happens.

Now for this case, I cannot assume anything. We just dont have any details. But you should care. If there is wrong doing you need to be aware of it and you as a citizen need to hold those responsible accountable
Old 10-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
NOVAbimmer

If Obama had a mexican son...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
FenderGuy05
OEM ///Member

Quote:
but once again we just dont know right now. That will be determined later on I am sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post
but we don't really know much other then the fact that he was carrying the replica.
I know
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
You really should care. This country is quickly becoming a police state. I know for a fact kids have gotten killed taking their legally owned and operated airsoft guns to the park to play with. It is not okay when **** like that happens.

Now for this case, I cannot assume anything. We just dont have any details. But you should care. If there is wrong doing you need to be aware of it and you as a citizen need to hold those responsible accountable
fail.

You assume this country is quickly becoming a police state because you have access to 24 hour news and social media.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #20
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
I commend the officers. You can't walk around in public flaunting your fake guns and making people apprehensive.