E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
mike@maximumpsi

My Ride: 02M3T
Maximum PSI review - Evolve E9X M3 E600 Supercharger System

After reading about Evolve's E9X supercharger kit, and later seeing pictures of the hardware, I asked a local Evolve E600 customer to bring his car to our shop to dyno test and look over. He was nice enough to accept my offer and we spent a few hours going over the hardware, install, and then made a bunch of dyno pulls.

Appearance:
First look, the kit is an engineering masterpiece. CNC'd aluminum components are found everywhere. Custom molded silicone hoses fit perfectly and connect to a beautiful, huge, air-air FMIC that sits behind the front bumper. An 8 rib pulley system to eliminate belt slippage. The overall appearance is super clean and matches the styling of the car.

Performance:
I drove the car around town to test drivability and then took it for some high speed blasts. I can say the kit runs as good as it looks. After my street test, we strapped it to our Superflow chassis dyno and made numerous pulls. The car performed flawlessly and was extremely repeatable run to run.

Dyno runs:

The verdict:
Appearance, fitment, drivability, and performance. Normally you have to make a sacrifice somewhere, but this kit hit the mark with all aspects. This was all we needed to give Evolve a call and set ourselves up as a dealer/installer!

-Mike
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events!
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
Soorena

My Ride: S1000RR
Very nice. Evolve guys know what they are doing.

BTW that dyno of yours is a heartbreaker i have to say. Didn't the car put down 550-ish numbers on DJ recently?
Soorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #3
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Wow, that finish looks OEM. If I didn't already know the e9x's were N/A and it didn't say Evolve I would have thought that the engine bay was all original factory equipment.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
Very nice... Cant wait to see what a few years will bring to this e9x platform
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
Brian N

My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
Really looking forward to the E46 M3 kit coming out from them.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
LostMarine

My Ride: Evolve Supercharged
Glad to see others are realizing what I said earlier. The kit is awesome

And yes, the car did do 550+ a few times just a few days later on a DynoJet, but the conditions were a bit more favorable. I would honestly expect the car to do about 530hp on a DJ any other given time repeatedly.

Ive run several cars now and youtube has all of them, just search for evolve M3
Old 11-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #7
flipm3

My Ride: 02 M3, 97 328i
Send a message via AIM to flipm3
Great review and nice to see MaximumPSI supporting Evolve Automotive. No doubt it will be a mutually beneficial relationship.

I have to find out how to grow this money tree so I can get a kit for my E90 M3!

2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My Build Thread
Evolve Automotive CF Airbox & AlphaN . Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers & V1 SPipe
flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Awesome!

I Want to know more...

Do they have stages in place? ( i.e. stage 2, 2.5, 3 etc,etc ) I'd like to see sub 700rwhp from an S65 E9X M3
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote