E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Lab22
Past Site Sponsor

Lab22 - Official Introduction

I guess its about time we formally introduce ourselves.

We're Lab22, located in Portland, OR. We're a small team of five, who live eat and breath BMW's all day long. We have a few different BMW projects we're working on but as it relates to E46 M3's we've been busy converting cars over to AEM's latest offering, the Infinity. Combined with that we've been installing our new Flex Fuel compliant fuel systems, and Radium Surge Tanks/Fuel Rails, Etc.

We also have deep connections into the aftermarket performance parts industry and can offer you incredible savings (sales@lab22.com) on just about anything for your E46 M3 (or any other car for that matter).

Here are a few projects we've been working on since June when we opened our doors officially.

Maurice asked if we could give his car a once over. We found a few issues, documented them and shared our findings via Dropbox (each customer gets a private dropbox that we exchange photos/videos through) and upon his approval remedied said issues. Just recently he topped 200mph in this car and its been running flawlessly since June.

Dallas sent his E46 M3 in for a one off custom build. We used a Borg Warner turbo (which was not an easy task to fit) as well as a tubular twin scroll manifold, custom cut out, custom intake manifold, intake, etc.. the car was completed just before Shift-S3ctor a few weeks ago where he drove it down from Portland to Central California and competed, and then drove it back to Portland where we will be upgrading his fuel system to the Lab22/Radium larger surge tank and turning up the boost.

Robert sent his HPF Stage 3 car in to be converted to flex fuel and the AEM Infinity.

Marcus's car was rebuilt as a high compression 11.5:1 car with the Infinity, Lab22/Radium fuel system and 7168 Turbo. Putting down over 1000rwhp before unfortunately lifting its head at Shift-S3ctor on its 3rd or so pass. Headgasket and a cleanup and he'll be back at it again!

Driton's Stage 3 HPF car is in for the Lab22/Radium fuel system and Infinity conversion as well. This car should be wrapped up any day now.

Kenton's car was also converted to high compression with the Lab22/Radium fuel system and AEM Infinity. Putting down roughly 1000rwhp as well. It also unfortunately suffered the same fate as Marcus's car at Shift-S3ctor. But if there's two guys who aren't afraid to put there foot in it and keep it there, its Marcus and Kenton who've been at it for 3 or so Shift-S3ctors in a row now.

And of course Dexters bad ass Alpine White/Cinnamon E46 M3 with a Max PSI kit which was converted to the 6766 with the AEM Infinity and Flex Fuel. This car got quite a bit of attention at Shift-S3ctor.. I can understand why.. its incredibly clean and well put together.

This black wide body with a 76mm was also upgraded to the Lab22 fuel system, and AEM Infinity, also putting down over 1000rwhp.

Paul's car was upgraded to the 6766 and has been tearing up the streets and participating in quite a few events out on the East Coast. This car came to us in pieces, missing parts, and in desperate condition as it was one of the last cars at HPF prior to their closing and unfortunately was only about 1/3rd complete before the doors shut. We were able to fabricate the missing parts, and get it up and running w/o issue and Paul has been ecstatic since.

Alonso's car is also in for some Radium goodies, Lab22 parts and the AEM Inifnity and is currently on the dyno as we speak. Once completed its also back to the east coast.

.. and of course, last but not least last month we finished building our Laguna Seca Blue Volvo hauler. Which puts down almost 1500ftlbs of torque.. but not nearly as fun to drive as a Turbo E46 M3!

Like I said we've got some other pretty awesome projects in the works, not all of which are E46's but as far as experience with the E46 goes .. we've got quite a bit of it and if you have any needs, or questions just shoot us an email anytime at sales@lab22.com (please no pm's) and we usually respond around the clock!

If you need any parts and you want the best deal possible without any back and forth.. just hit us up! We've got two sales guys ready to get you parts quickly and for the best price possible.. period. Don't be afraid to kick tires with us, you might be surprised at our pricing (which we obviously can't advertise).

Here is just a small sampling of the vendors we carry..

Thanks guys! Look forward to working with you!

PS: We're not going to clutter the forum with updates, if you're looking to follow our projects etc, we try to consolidate most of that information onto our facebook page at fb.com/lab22

Last edited by Lab22; 10-26-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1382818423
Lab22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
leletyM3

My Ride: 05 M3
Surely a great team!!!

HPF Stg2 Turbo 640rwhp, Eisenmann Race 83mmx4, Volk TE37 TA, Toyo T1R, Brembo BBK 380mm 6pots & 345, 6k HID, 6K HID Fogs, Depo Smoked Corners, Strassentech Front Lip, V-CSL Bootlid, V-CSL Diffuser

leletyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #3
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Been going to Lab22 for over a year now and I can honestly say the hard work and dedication that these guys have is extremely hard to come by. When faced with challenges, they quickly overcome them. I'm looking forward to really putting my car to the test in the next few months and plan for a good showing at the next Shift S3ctor along with some road course events in the new year!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Awesome looks like you are doing well with that fuel system
Old 10-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.

Been stalking you guys on FB after seeing that IR M3 pic shared from another places page.
I like what I see. good stuff guys.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by Snik; 10-26-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snik View Post
Been stalking you guys on FB after seeing that IR M3 pic shared on z previous site.
I like what I see. good stuff guys.

Same, you guys have been posted some awesome content on FB. Awesome shop.

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
My experience with Lab22 was unique to say the least, it was a good kind of unique. The day I dropped my car off they were instantly welcoming to me, they didn't know me but that didn't stop them from treating me like a friend. It was just a couple of car guys sitting around talking cars. From that moment I could see just how passionate these guys really were about what they were doing and that left me with a great feeling of trust. I told them what my horsepower goals were, how much I wanted to spend but it also had to be unique. I really wanted to stand out from the crowd and have something nobody else had. They made it happen. Building my car was a ton of fun. I got regular updates in my private dropbox folder with detailed pictures of the progress on my car. I called a couple of times a month on facetime (They encouraged me to call more often) and they would take me around the shop and show me what they had on the go and answered any questions I had.I even had breakfast one morning with the whole crew! Having the facetime and the dropbox folder really made the whole experience for me, you get to see in real time whats happening and you talk face to face with your tech. It definitely puts a very personal touch on the whole experience.

When I showed up to pick up my car I got picked up at the airport by CJ and he shuttled me right to the shop where they were just getting ready to turn the engine over the motor for the first time. The car wasn't quite ready to be driven but they didn't shuffle me off to the hotel and tell me they would call me when it was done, instead they invited me to hang out and watch what they were doing. By the end of the day the car was tuned and I sat in the drivers seat for the very first time in a year. I took the car out and raped the streets of portland until I ran out of fuel.

The quality of all of the custom fabricated parts was top notch, everything exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. The exhaust manifold is a work of art. It's functional but it also looks good. Every runner was well thought out and the welds were perfect cudos to Champ for putting his heart and soul into the piece. The intake manifold was also really beautiful. Again the welds were perfect and the overall design made me very happy. I would just like to add I gave Lab22 complete creative freedom when it came to those two pieces, I really wanted to let them put both form in function into their designs and they managed to do just that!

The next day I left for Shift S3ctor. The car ran flawlessly the entire 12 hour drive. I did multiple highway pulls and had a **** eating grin on my face every time. On the first day of the event the car for some reason seemed to mis-firing a little, when the Lab22 crew showed up in the LSB Volvo Semi they immediately diagnosed the problem and had it up and running in no time! After that the car run flawlessy the rest of the event. The car pulled hard, I loved the feeling. I was hot lapping that beast until somebody had to tell me to stop because my oil temp was getting a little high.

I am super happy with the way my car turned out, more importantly I'm happy with the service I got. Anytime I needed anything done the whole team came together to make things happen for me that I know for a fact anybody else wouldn't do for you. From parts to fabrication these guys do it all and they do it well. Their attention to detail is 5 stars and best of all they are really cool down to earth people who treat you more like a friend than just a customer. I wil be doing all of my future business with Lab22 whether it be another car or parts. Big thanks For everything you have done for me in the past year, it's been a very pleasant experience! I'm glad too see Lab22 Thriving. Being at Lab22 allows the John, Champ, Joey, CJ and Lisa the freedom to be more creative, it allows them to express their passion through building these cars. The team has sacrificed so much to make the company successful. They have earned the right to jump on the dance floor with the top dogs and call themselves on of the top tuners in North America.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

Last edited by dallasberry; 10-26-2013 at 09:16 AM.
dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
Lab22
Past Site Sponsor

Thanks guys!
Lab22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
BrokenM3

My Ride: E46 Coupe
From what i can see online, i like your work and dedication

Btw, sent you an email...
Old 10-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #11
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
love what you guys do, im glad we have a company like you around! I recommended Alonso to take his car out of fsr and send it to you guys, im glad to see some progress on his car. hopefully I will be cruising around with him soon in the streets of NYC... you guys need to migrate to the east coast!!!
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
Cipri

My Ride: E46 M3 2002
Re: Lab22 - Official Introduction

I have sent you guys an email.

Keep up the good work!
Cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
I would like to Lab22
Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #14
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Nice Work, guys! John has been very helpful the few times that I have called him to pick his brain.

-Mike
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3

Lab22 ur doing amazing work. I enjoy seeing the builds and the workmanship. I also love the hi tech way of dealing with us fanatics. John was a real gift to help me on many occasions... His knowledge and willingness to help out was indispensable.

Last edited by being3; 10-27-2013 at 10:50 AM.
being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
bartman22

My Ride: 2001 LSB M3 Vert
Good to have you guys in the neighborhood.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
cd330
ModZombie Moderator

My Ride: manual stl gry 330i
Great crew and great things happening.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #18
zac5

My Ride: Turbo M3
I have had great experience with lab22 so far, can't wait for John to work on my car on the other side of the globe.

Thanks Lab22!

Stanley
zac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Welcome Officially and Glad to see you guys on board. Keep up the great work and looking forward to be working with you soon with some future projects.
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #20
mdsonicTT

My Ride: 3rd gear
The pictures look awesome - welcome to the forum!
mdsonicTT is offline   Reply With Quote