E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
bitsnbytes

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Welcome Lab22! I'm looking forward to working with you in the near future as I upgrade my current setup.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #22
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Looking foward to more of the awesome stuff Lab22 has put out in the last what it seems like many years!

I feel great knowing that the platform has worry free experience withFI taken cared properly by people that are in the super know.

"And all of my limitations begin to fade away. In this place I have freedom It's here I wish to stay.
Thoughts become distant feelings, I'm going with the flow. I'll just sit still now and begin by letting go...
begin by letting go...."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Welcome guys. I have dealt with LAB22 and their service is awesome.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #24
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
awesome.
volvo was best part of this thread. lol
btw, ygm
Old 11-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
zac5

My Ride: Turbo M3
It's been alomst a week since John@Lab22 left here, now I finally got some time to write down my customer review:

My name is Stanley and I'm from Beijing, China. I drive an E46 M3 and had HPF stage 2 kit with 6766, FIC injectors and open dump on it. My car and Han(xbass)'s car are the only two HPF cars in mainland of China. After we put on our kit last year, our cars were never run right. My car was suffering from stalling issue(jumper box weak connection) whenever came to a stop and Han's car was just having all kinds of problem. We tried to contact HPF but they were slow in response and there was not any constructive help provided. All they have been telling us was to look through the troubleshooting guide and blah blah...anyway, so basically my car has been on the hoist this year and Han's car was driving in limp mode all the time. The worse part was HPF closed down later, we were despaired about our cars when we heard it. We were literally screwed on the other side of the world. Just before I wanted to burn my car down, some guy on Instagram refered me Lab22. It was a guy drives HPF m3 as well, and I believe he is from Bahrain. For whoever it is, thank you so much sir!

Well, I thought I just shoot Lab22 an email then, though they could not help me, what worse could it be? My car has already grounded. Surprisingly, CJ@Lab22 replied my email the next day. That's extremely effective especially considering HPF usually replys my email once a week. We started sending emails back and forth every day since then, and we finally agreed on John@Lab22 to fly over to work on my car. Although we had some troubles on getting John a Chinese visa and updating the AEM firmware, we finally had everything checked and ready.

Day 1:
Two months after I contact with CJ@Lab22 for the first time, John was on his way to Beijing. I have to apologize to John again for arriving a little bit late at the airport since I messed up the terminal.xP. But I finally met John. He arrived in Beijing pretty late around 11pm, and we went for food till 1:30am. Not because he finished his food, however, it was because Han(xbass) called me that his HPF stage 2.5 broke down again on the way home. John insisted to take a look at Han's car, so we had to leave the food place by then. We met Han in the middle of the road around 2:00am, John hooked up the laptop and instantly found the alternator was shot. By the time we done with Han's car, it was 2:30am. I finally got to drive John to hotel. I don't know what to say at that moment, after 14hrs flight and helping a stranger's car at free of charge on 2am in the morning? Speechless, John has left me and Han some serious good first impression. At that moment, I am pretty sure my car is in good hands.

Day 2:
Next morning, John got up pretty early and started working on my car on 9:30am. Mechanically, he was so effective and quick, but was not rushing it. He switched my old AEM EMS out with AEM Infinity, took out the meth system before lunch. By the end of the second day in China, he has done installing AEM 100PSI fuel pressure sensor kit and Radium/Walbro 400E fuel pump. John even developed a base map for it before dinner time. During the day, Han(xbass) had his car towed to the shop, and John did some quick troubleshooting on his car during coffee breaks, and we(mostly the mechanics from FIST AUTO) got to fixed Han's car mechanically at the same day.

Day 3:
The thrid day in China, John finally got to tune my car on the dyno. Guess what? **** happened. My alternator shot on the dyno before John could do WOT full rpm pull. So we quickly pulled the car off dyno and swapped a used one we borrowed on. My car was on the dyno again by noon. How could be a guy both mechanically top-notch and tuning wise superior? Hours of tuning, with 95RON pump gas here, he worked his magic and pulled out 486whp on the dynojet, and that was 4 ish in the afternoon. During the coffee break, John was walking around Han's car, listening, and shaking his head. He pulled out his laptop and connected to Han's AEM EMS. Minutes later, he told me Han's car has a completey wrong tune in it. HPF sent the wrong f*cking tune to Han's car! We were shocked, "WTF" was all Han could said. Then, John looked at me went:"I have to tune this car, I have to." Yup, John went on dyno again with Han's car right away. I guess nothing, no one could define Ethics of the profession better than John does. 9pm of that day, John has finished Han's car on pump gas, and we went on road tune one by one in our cars afterwards.

Day 4+5:
As previously scheduled, we were supposed wrapped up tuning my car on day 3 and go to a local car meet on day 4. Due to Han's car, we had to work extra on tuning E85 on my car on day 4 then. After we drained my pump gas and refilled with E85, John started applying his magic on my car again during the morning. Things were looking good on that morning, and then John threw another offer: if we could finish early that day, he could tune Han's car on meth. So while was tuning my car on E85, mechanics at FIST AUTO were busying installing meth system that came off from my car on Han's car. In Chinese, we say "bad things usually double", here we go, my car ran out of fuel pump due to E85 we had was way too pure more like E100, at the meantime, the meth system on Han's car was leaking all over the places. John had to go fix Han's meth system while I had to drive around to consume some E85.(We filled up way too full, could not drained it) Finally, John replaced hoses on Han's meth system and went on dyno to tune his car right away, while my car was on the hoist to drain some E85 out so we can diluted it with gas. Hours later, John managed to pulled out 650whp on pump gas/708whp on meth with Han's car. 20 minutes later, John sat in my car on the dyno again. Han and I were speechless, we didn't manage a way to express our gratitude, we were just kept saying thank you to this great man. Hours later, my car did 611whp on E70(diluted local E85), I was more than happy.

It was almost midnight by the time John finished my car. So we went for food right away while John could gave us road tune on the way. More than 14 hours tuning and mechanical works, John was exhausted and jet lag had him really tired. However, due to the early flight next morning, he decided not to sleep until the flight so he could explain what the AEM Infinity is capable of to us. Unlike some other tuners I had experience with, John is willing to communicate, to explain, to schooling us. And this, sometimes is not something you could buy or pay for, I really appreciate it. Even at the airport when we had our breakfast, John showed different parameters, curves, and graphs to us and explained how they work before his departure! What more you can ask for?! I had to stop him to remind the checking time. What a great guy!

Han and I, and other guys at FIST AUTO were all greatly impressed by John's know-how and character. To date, our cars are running flawlessly, we can finally enjoy our cars now. To Han and I, John is like an angel from heaven to save us, made our patience, confusion, sufferings previously from our cars all worthy. When we were witnessing John walking into the security check at airport, my view were getting blurred and Han was secretly wiping his tears down. Again, there is nothing you can ask for more from a great guy like John, a great shop like Lab22. We will be, and definitely will be, dealing business with Lab22 and John again soon. Highly recommend them!

p.s. Sorry for my english, I tried my best.

Stanley

Last edited by zac5; 11-15-2013 at 02:40 PM.
zac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac5 View Post

finally agreed on John@Lab22 to fly over to work on my car.

WOW!

"And all of my limitations begin to fade away. In this place I have freedom It's here I wish to stay.
Thoughts become distant feelings, I'm going with the flow. I'll just sit still now and begin by letting go...
begin by letting go...."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #27
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
so much win
Old 11-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #28
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
What a great story! Sounds like Lab22 is legit. The e46 community are very fortunate to have shops like Lab22 and MaxPSI.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg

Last edited by 7to3_enthusiast; 11-15-2013 at 03:12 PM.
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
Think0rz

My Ride: 05 AW M3
Lab22 FTW they have a special team of very talented individuals and it shows with everything they do and that John guy is something special I tell ya could talk cars all day with him! Stanley & Han congrats on finally having your cars running right looking forward to your future updates!
Old 11-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #30
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac5 View Post
It's been alomst a week since John@Lab22 left here, now I finally got some time to write down my customer review:

My name is Stanley and I'm from Beijing, China. I drive an E46 M3 and had HPF stage 2 kit with 6766, FIC injectors and open dump on it. My car and Han(xbass)'s car are the only two HPF cars in mainland of China. After we put on our kit last year, our cars were never run right. My car was suffering from stalling issue(jumper box weak connection) whenever came to a stop and Han's car was just having all kinds of problem. We tried to contact HPF but they were slow in response and there was not any constructive help provided. All they have been telling us was to look through the troubleshooting guide and blah blah...anyway, so basically my car has been on the hoist this year and Han's car was driving in limp mode all the time. The worse part was HPF closed down later, we were despaired about our cars when we heard it. We were literally screwed on the other side of the world. Just before I wanted to burn my car down, some guy on Instagram refered me Lab22. It was a guy drives HPF m3 as well, and I believe he is from Bahrain. For whoever it is, thank you so much sir!

Well, I thought I just shoot Lab22 an email then, though they could not help me, what worse could it be? My car has already grounded. Surprisingly, CJ@Lab22 replied my email the next day. That's extremely effective especially considering HPF usually replys my email once a week. We started sending emails back and forth every day since then, and we finally agreed on John@Lab22 to fly over to work on my car. Although we had some troubles on getting John a Chinese visa and updating the AEM firmware, we finally had everything checked and ready.

Day 1:
Two months after I contact with CJ@Lab22 for the first time, John was on his way to Beijing. I have to apologize to John again for arriving a little bit late at the airport since I messed up the terminal.xP. But I finally met John. He arrived in Beijing pretty late around 11pm, and we went for food till 1:30am. Not because he finished his food, however, it was because Han(xbass) called me that his HPF stage 2.5 broke down again on the way home. John insisted to take a look at Han's car, so we had to leave the food place by then. We met Han in the middle of the road around 2:00am, John hooked up the laptop and instantly found the alternator was shot. By the time we done with Han's car, it was 2:30am. I finally got to drive John to hotel. I don't know what to say at that moment, after 14hrs flight and helping a stranger's car at free of charge on 2am in the morning? Speechless, John has left me and Han some serious good first impression. At that moment, I am pretty sure my car is in good hands.

Day 2:
Next morning, John got up pretty early and started working on my car on 9:30am. Mechanically, he was so effective and quick, but was not rushing it. He switched my old AEM EMS out with AEM Infinity, took out the meth system before lunch. By the end of the second day in China, he has done installing AEM 100PSI fuel pressure sensor kit and Radium/Walbro 400E fuel pump. John even developed a base map for it before dinner time. During the day, Han(xbass) had his car towed to the shop, and John did some quick troubleshooting on his car during coffee breaks, and we(mostly the mechanics from FIST AUTO) got to fixed Han's car mechanically at the same day.

Day 3:
The thrid day in China, John finally got to tune my car on the dyno. Guess what? **** happened. My alternator shot on the dyno before John could do WOT full rpm pull. So we quickly pulled the car off dyno and swapped a used one we borrowed on. My car was on the dyno again by noon. How could be a guy both mechanically top-notch and tuning wise superior? Hours of tuning, with 95RON pump gas here, he worked his magic and pulled out 486whp on the dynojet, and that was 4 ish in the afternoon. During the coffee break, John was walking around Han's car, listening, and shaking his head. He pulled out his laptop and connected to Han's AEM EMS. Minutes later, he told me Han's car has a completey wrong tune in it. HPF sent the wrong f*cking tune to Han's car! We were shocked, "WTF" was all Han could said. Then, John looked at me went:"I have to tune this car, I have to." Yup, John went on dyno again with Han's car right away. I guess nothing, no one could define Ethics of the profession better than John does. 9pm of that day, John has finished Han's car on pump gas, and we went on road tune one by one in our cars afterwards.

Day 4+5:
As previously scheduled, we were supposed wrapped up tuning my car on day 3 and go to a local car meet on day 4. Due to Han's car, we had to work extra on tuning E85 on my car on day 4 then. After we drained my pump gas and refilled with E85, John started applying his magic on my car again during the morning. Things were looking good on that morning, and then John threw another offer: if we could finish early that day, he could tune Han's car on meth. So while was tuning my car on E85, mechanics at FIST AUTO were busying installing meth system that came off from my car on Han's car. In Chinese, we say "bad things usually double", here we go, my car ran out of fuel pump due to E85 we had was way too pure more like E100, at the meantime, the meth system on Han's car was leaking all over the places. John had to go fix Han's meth system while I had to drive around to consume some E85.(We filled up way too full, could not drained it) Finally, John replaced hoses on Han's meth system and went on dyno to tune his car right away, while my car was on the hoist to drain some E85 out so we can diluted it with gas. Hours later, John managed to pulled out 650whp on pump gas/708whp on meth with Han's car. 20 minutes later, John sat in my car on the dyno again. Han and I were speechless, we didn't manage a way to express our gratitude, we were just kept saying thank you to this great man. Hours later, my car did 611whp on E70(diluted local E85), I was more than happy.

It was almost midnight by the time John finished my car. So we went for food right away while John could gave us road tune on the way. More than 14 hours tuning and mechanical works, John was exhausted and jet lag had him really tired. However, due to the early flight next morning, he decided not to sleep until the flight so he could explain what the AEM Infinity is capable of to us. Unlike some other tuners I had experience with, John is willing to communicate, to explain, to schooling us. And this, sometimes is not something you could buy or pay for, I really appreciate it. Even at the airport when we had our breakfast, John showed different parameters, curves, and graphs to us and explained how they work before his departure! What more you can ask for?! I had to stop him to remind the checking time. What a great guy!

Han and I, and other guys at FIST AUTO were all greatly impressed by John's know-how and character. To date, our cars are running flawlessly, we can finally enjoy our cars now. To Han and I, John is like an angel from heaven to save us, made our patience, confusion, sufferings previously from our cars all worthy. When we were witnessing John walking into the security check at airport, my view were getting blurred and Han was secretly wiping his tears down. Again, there is nothing you can ask for more from a great guy like John, a great shop like Lab22. We will be, and definitely will be, dealing business with Lab22 and John again soon. Highly recommend them!

p.s. Sorry for my english, I tried my best.

Stanley
Stanley,

I don't know if it was me who referred you to them but nice review any way, I'm glad you found your way to LAB22.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
That's another win in the Lab22 books! Glad they could get everything worked out for you. Lab22 is the definition of quality and service, there is no better equipped shop with the best damn staff in the industry. Thanks for sharing your story.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
lab22, keep up the good work.

E46 M3 Coupe Turbo 60-130 mph 4,2 seconds (2011)
Twin_Turbo_S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Awesome to hear, I saw the pic they posted on FB in China and was wondering what the deal was. Sound like an awesome group of guys living the dream @ Lab22

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01

Awesome!

So far, none of this surprises me. I have had Nothing but a great feeling/reception from the team @Lab22 since i contacted them a few months ago to plan my next round of specific upgrades...

Just as Good, proficient, skilled, easy going and caring as Bret@Technica Motorsports in Atlanta is to me and my M3 back when I was in Georgia.

Can't wait until my M3 makes its way up there!
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #35
xbass

My Ride: E46 M3 HPF stage 2.5
Hi, I'm Han, best friend of Stanley. My English is poor, but i have to try my best to show how grateful i am to John and @lab22.
All you read from Stanley's post, that was really happened.
Honestly, I didn't expect my car would be saved by John, because this trip was for working on Stanley's M3, not for mine.
But John showed us what professional efficiency friendly and a real good person is. Yes, you are like an angel.
My car is fully healed now. I learned alot form John, not only the knowledge of cars, but how to be a great person.
Thank You, John and Lab22.

So sorry for my poor English, I hope you guys can understand how I appreciate for all these.
I'm looking forward to meet John in Beijing next time, maybe few months later, AEM infinity is AWESOME! Sooner or later, I'll put it on my car.

The best wishes for John and Lab22.

Han

Last edited by xbass; 11-15-2013 at 05:56 PM.
xbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #36
mdrobnak

My Ride: 04 330i SMG TT STG1
Wow. If I was in Oregon, or using the AEM Infinity, these would be the guys I'd call. It's good to know there are shops that treat their customers right.

-Matt
mdrobnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #37
Sedan Hussein

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobnak View Post
Wow. If I was in Oregon, or using the AEM Infinity, these would be the guys I'd call. It's good to know there are shops that treat their customers right.

-Matt
Bro, they're helping dudes in China! NY is right up the street!

Sedan Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 AM   #38
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Lab22 - Official Introduction

All I can say is wow.... Ding qua qua.. What a beautiful story of John doing what he loves... Shows what a great character he has... I have heard a few stories of how john went beyond the call of duty moving the hearts of people... There is a reason he has been blessed with such a good shop

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by being3; 11-16-2013 at 02:48 AM.
being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:29 AM   #39
BMW E465

My Ride: 1dirty5
That deserves e46 tuner award of the year or something, at least! Nice work John, Lab22 and the crew in China.
BMW E465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #40
monkawekrue

My Ride: 13 X3 AW/04 M3 AW
i need to get stationed in JBLM soon. awesome builds gentlemen.
monkawekrue is offline   Reply With Quote